Sign in to follow this  
Guest juni66

dll.xml - tools don't loaded

Guest juni66

I have a problem with my dll.xml file, i think: I would like to edit missions and traffic by myself, since its a major portion of the fun for me. Somehow though the needed tools won't load. :( I installed the SDK, the dll.xml in application data is there it should be and everything seems right, but nothing loads :( neither object placement nor traffic tools. Anyone has an idea, what could went wrong? Installation path of FSX is:E:\FSXInstallation Path of SDK is: E:\FSX\- custom -\SDK\SDKThe code from dll.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">  <Descr>Launch</Descr>  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>  <Disabled>False</Disabled>  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>  <Launch.Addon>    <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>    <Disabled>False</Disabled>    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>    <Path>E:\FSX\- custom -\SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>  </Launch.Addon>  <Launch.Addon>    <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>    <Disabled>False</Disabled>    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>    <Path>E:\FSX\- custom -\SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>  </Launch.Addon>  <Launch.Addon>    <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>    <Disabled>False</Disabled>    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>    <Path>E:\FSX\- custom -\SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>  </Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

Hi Juni66.MS wants you to have everything in their Default location, for SDK FSX. If you do not, you have to play some games with the file locations / paths. I have my FSX installed in:"C:\fsx\Microsoft Flight Simulator X"The easiest way to get it to work is:Create a directory named "SDK" within your "Flight Simulator X" folder, and Copy "Object_Placement.dll", "visualfxtool.dll", and "traffictoolbox.dll" into that Directory . Your Path should look like this, after the above files are moved: "C:\fsx\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\sdk" with the above 3 files ("Object_Placement.dll", "visualfxtool.dll", and "traffictoolbox.dll") in it, make sure you have YOUR correct Drive letter and Root.Post here if you need more info. TVYour "dll.xml", mine is located in: "C:\Users\YourComputername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX"should look something like this, you should have YOUR drive letter / Root instead of my "C:\", ignore the FSUIPC if you do not have it:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\fsx\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\sdk\object_placement.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\fsx\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\sdk\traffictoolbox.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\fsx\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\sdk\visualfxtool.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>Your "dll.xml" where the SDK is installed, in my case: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit" should look something like this:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\fsx\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

Hi Folksjuni66 -Recommend you do not relocate the files,as they'll possibly lose some functionality.Ensure you've also installed the appropriate SDKfor the version of FSX that you're running.Please see - FSDeveloper - Wiki - SDK Installation (FSX)As you've installed to a non-standard location,you'll need to update your registryby running the file - ConfigSDK.exewhich you'll find located in the SDK root.HTHATBPaul

Guest juni66

Ok, ouch, reason was indeed, i forgot about updating to Acceleration SDK. Thank you very much. :(