Sign in to follow this  
gillesdenice

No more callouts on 747X PMDG

Good evening,I don't understand why on my 747X PMDG, i can't hear all the call-outs messages (V1,V2, pull out etc...) and all cockpits sounds (flaps, gear, cockpits switches etc...) I had checked all the choices in the pmdg sound menu and all my slides on the FSX menu are at 65 %.Anyone has an idea ?Thank youGilles MenghettiLFMN.

You didn't mention the pmdg sound setting... maybe you didn't check that? It is a separate item in the pmdg options from the menu bar.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes, of course, i checked all the cases of callout and cockpits sounds but no sounds are playing.I have another bug with this aircraft.In the FMC, i want to write in the scratchpad with my keyboard. So i click on the right part of the FMC and the three letters KBD appears in the right zone of the scratchpad, BUT when i write something on my keyboard, nothing appears in the left zone of the scratchpad and i have to click on each letter or number to configure the FMC.Please help me !!!Gilles MenghettiLFMN

No, not checked boxes. There is a separate pmdg option with a volume control. The KYBD function not working is a puzzle to me too. I have not run into that problem before. I assume FS has the focus.

Dan Downs KCRP

No, not checked boxes. There is a separate pmdg option with a volume control. The KYBD function not working is a puzzle to me too. I have not run into that problem before. I assume FS has the focus.
Thx downscc to try to help me.Separate pmdg option : Sorry, i don't see it on FSX (747X) !!Here is 2 pictures of my screen options :gillesdenice_11744.pmdg1.jpggillesdenice_1187.pmdg2.jpgPerhaps do you refer at FS2004 instead at FSX because in FS2004 i have this type of sound option :gillesdenice_11817.pmdg3.jpgbut in FS2004 i have the callouts and all cockpits sound and all is working well.If there is another pmdg sound option in FSX for the 747X, please could u tell me the way to go in the menu ? Thx a lot.Gilles MenghettiLFMN

Well, don't worry, all is OK now !!!In fact, i installed first MD11 FSX and then 747-X.I have all desinstalled.I reinstall only 747-X and now all is ok (all sounds working and keyboard fmc inputs also)Thx !

Thx downscc to try to help me.Separate pmdg option : Sorry, i don't see it on FSX (747X) !!Here is 2 pictures of my screen options :gillesdenice_11744.pmdg1.jpggillesdenice_1187.pmdg2.jpgPerhaps do you refer at FS2004 instead at FSX because in FS2004 i have this type of sound option :gillesdenice_11817.pmdg3.jpgbut in FS2004 i have the callouts and all cockpits sound and all is working well.If there is another pmdg sound option in FSX for the 747X, please could u tell me the way to go in the menu ? Thx a lot.Gilles MenghettiLFMN
Actually, I'm having the same problem as Gilles. The "PMDG Sounds" menu option only shows once in a while, although when it DOES show up, it seems to work fine.However, my callouts for takeoff stop with "80 Knots." I wait to hear V1, Rotate and V2 but NEVER hear them. Am I doing something wrong?FYI I have purchased and installed both the JS4100 (imho the FINEST aircraft available in the world of simming) and the 747-400. Callouts work fine in the 4100.Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance--Steve Zachar (Songright)KBNA

I also have this exact problem and unable to resolve. The PMDG 747 does not have the GPWS callouts. It has the engine sounds but not the call outs, or sounds of clicking a switch or the sounds of the flaps, landing gear, etc. I checked the sounds menu and everything has a check mark, including all various callouts. I also checked the instructions in PMDG 747-400 manual and they stated there is a simple tool knob, but this knob is not in the PMDG sound menu when I have the 747 loaded up FSX. Is there a reason why I cannot get the callouts or the knob is not in the PMDG menu selection?

Cray Foley