Sign in to follow this  
mvwissen

FSX freeze when using the FMC

I have verified the freeze by setting up the INIT page YMML/NTAA with altitude and CI, then without bothering with a flight plan opening the FPLN screen and using LAT REV at NTAA to select an arrival and approach. Yup, will freeze.The bad news is I can do the same sequence of steps with a different city pair, such as KIAH/KPHX, and it doesn't freeze. It pastes the arrival/approach string after KPHX as expected. I don't know why one city pair will cause the freeze but many others don't. This bug might be hard to find.The solution is as mentioned several times before is to go LAT REV from a fix before the destination and not from the destination. Meanwhile, we'll try to make some sense out of the nonsense.

Dan Downs KCRP

Additional Dan/Mark/Bruno - I just did a routing from NFFN to NTAA - Route ends at RUMIA.As soon as the vord22 / rumia is inserted the same freeze occurs so it seems it's any with the vord22 approach at NTAA.Even worse I tried it in fs9 and it works fine there!!! Very odd indeed it seems. all o4 and vfr approach to 22 work fine in fsx too, just not the vord22.John Ellison

Might be the opposite direction but I don't know. I've passed it along to the experts to put on their to-do list. Thanks to all.

Dan Downs KCRP

OK Dan :( - Till then I'll stick with vfr22 if I need it lol.Even tried adding the 5nm hold to the start so it wasn't opposite as such, same result lol. One of those things I guess and without digging through most of the airports till I find a similar one.....Will just wait and see what develops from this oddity... maybe it just doesn't like flying there in that way lol.Thanks for passing it up anyway.A humourus thought though, I thought I had a problem with taxi light not working in the dark..... STUPID me assuming the center switch was the nose gear light; ever feel embarrassed at not looking at a switch? :( (So glad I never asked on the forum though lol)John E

Guest kim_skjold

Hi guysI just bought the pmdg 747 and i love it, but i had the same problem. It froze everytime i used the fmc in flight.I think its a failure in the game (FSX) because it also freezes if you choose a standard Boeing 747, 737 etc with stardard GPS and then change your route in flight. Try load a flightplan and climb to your cruise height and then change your dest. airport on the standard GPS. IT WILL FREEZE !!But back to the PMDG 747. How you cheat the game is simple dont open FMC from the toolbar in flight its okay to do on the ground but dont do it in flight. Press A until you get to the FMC in the cockpit and zoom in !!! Then you can play all you want with the FMC and it dont freeze. I have made 5 flights since i found out and it runs perfectly. Sorry for my english im danish but i hope it will help somebody with the same problem :-)