Sign in to follow this  
Saturn_V

PMDG MD -11 FLEX data finished.

I received some emails about the FLEX temperatures for flaps 28 (deflected ailerons option).

Flew VIDP - VABB - OMDB last night using Utopia and your Flex data... Didn't leave a burning hole at the end of the runway at Delhi so all good :( Been using TOPCAT for a long time and of course it's an amazing program for the price, but Utopia is a neat little bit of softwareCheersRob

Rob Prest

Thanks a whole deal for this data, nice not having to guess :DJay V

Excellent stuff, and thank you for making this available... any ideas on the corrections required for non-isa conditions? :DHowever, just to make a small point here...FLEX is not the same as de-rating...Assumed temperature settings do not affect the maximum thrust of an engine (you are just "tricking the engine", which can still deliver its max. thrust if needed), whereas de-rating does... De-rating would be shifting the output of the 62K variant to 60K for example...De-rating is not expressed in temperature values... the max. FLEX temp the MD-11 accepts is 70

Sorry slight drift but.. I'm comfortable flying the MD11 now and have trawled through the docs many times but something still puzzles me. In the 744 if (in theory) I screwed up my assumed temp calculations I can push TOGA a second time to cancel the temps/derates, same for a Go around, one push for standard thrust and a second push for max thrust. Is this available on the MD without using overboost?CheersRob

Rob Prest

Sorry slight drift but.. I'm comfortable flying the MD11 now and have trawled through the docs many times but something still puzzles me. In the 744 if (in theory) I screwed up my assumed temp calculations I can push TOGA a second time to cancel the temps/derates, same for a Go around, one push for standard thrust and a second push for max thrust. Is this available on the MD without using overboost?CheersRob
I second this post.

Excellent stuff, and thank you for making this available... any ideas on the corrections required for non-isa conditions? :DHowever, just to make a small point here...FLEX is not the same as de-rating...Assumed temperature settings do not affect the maximum thrust of an engine (you are just "tricking the engine", which can still deliver its max. thrust if needed), whereas de-rating does... De-rating would be shifting the output of the 62K variant to 60K for example...De-rating is not expressed in temperature values... the max. FLEX temp the MD-11 accepts is 70

Bryan, thanks for the hard work. Great job on these. :(

Very good work!!!Thanks for your work on this excelent addon ... I'll print the tables!!! :(But for diferent temperature and pressure?Regards

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Bryan this is EXCELLENT work. People like you are a real asset to this community.I look forward to testing these out over the weekend!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Paul_D

Great work Bryan, is there any way you can post it all as a file for download. Paul ( Toronto ).

Guys if the charts are in DENSITY altitude, there should be no correction for non-ISA. Remember, you have to correct PRESSURE altitude for non-standard temp, which is how you get density altitude. If the charts are already in density, there is no conversion to be made. You just have to do the math at each departure location using the airport elevation, barometric pressure, and temperature.This is only true if the charts are in fact density altitude and not pressure altitude...Bryan?Great work!

Hello Bryan,I am not original, but anyway: thank you for your efforts.Greetings from Holland,Wijnand (EHBK)(Edited for typo)

Great work Bryan, is there any way you can post it all as a file for download. Paul ( Toronto ).
Thank you Paul, I