Sign in to follow this  
Guest WesleyWood

Salmon Run

Guest WesleyWood

I wnated to let everyone know that I have completed development on my first mission for FSX. You can download it from the AVSIM file library. It's is titled Salmon Run.Using the FSX default Maule you will fly out of the Flying B ranch in the No Return Wilderness area of Idaho to McCall to pickup some guest to bring out to the ranch for a week of fishing.This mission includes some high altitude, short runways. I was inspired by the video "Idaho Exposed" which I would recommend to any bush flying fan.I would appreciate any feedback on the mission as well as any bug reporting. I have tested it with SP2.Let me know what you think.

Guest WesleyWood

Version 1.1 is available nowIt includes- Mission compass and waypoints- Extra scenery- Bug fix for the caravan at McCall

I flew the mission and got a success, it took 2 tries to land after departing MaCcall. I have FSX deluxe with SP1. Just to let you know it works with SP1. The only thing was the audio volume was low, hard to hear him talking, I just clicked on captioning and it was fine to read the audio. Great job with the mission, realyy enjoyed it. :(

I have to say that I enjoy this mission over and over again. Nice work!!WayneCYXU

this file seems to have gone missing from avsim...for me at least...would someone be so kind as to provide an alternative link for this file?thanks,toby

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10, Varjo Aero, DOF H3

Wesley -- If you can, would you kindly re-send this mission to AVSIM? It has apparently suffered the same fate as a lot of other files that were in the collection prior to the hacking, and no longer is accessible.Thanking you in advance,Jim in Atlanta

Can't seem to find it in AVSIM missions after a few search attempts. Anyone have a filename so I can snag it? Never done a mission before, OMG AVSIM has 127 missions in their library. That could keep ya busy for awhile. thx, Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

It doesen't look like we're ever going to get that link :( se-la-vie.

Dave Taylor gb.png