•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

There have been 442 of your fellow community members and guests in the forums and elsewhere on AVSIM within the last 15 minutes!

SUBMIT YOUR NEWS TO AVSIM

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif What's new in the Library
rarrow.gif The Market Place!

rarrow.gif What's New In the Market

rarrow.gif What's Popular In the Market

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif AVSIM Social Groups - NEW!

rarrow.gif Member Reviews
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System - NEW!

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Live Video Streaming
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

AVSIM Market Place
Featured Products!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

FSX crashes when viewing options in-game

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#51 duckbilled

duckbilled

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,861 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 9 Months and 27 Days Ago.
  • Interests:Aviation
    Travel
    Urban Planning
    GIS
  • My PC
  • My Simulator

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:39 AM

I am getting the occaisional CTD when accessing menues as well. Does the 'UIAutomationCore.dll' fix work for the official Windows 7 Pro 64bit? Is it as simple as getting the .dll and dropping it in the main FSX folder?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#52 Inactive Member_ronatimalala_***

Inactive Member_ronatimalala_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 3 Months and 24 Days Ago.

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:08 PM

I just had the problem again, but this time i the error was different (still happened when i in the right-click menu, though..as always)

This was the error:Problem signature:  Problem Event Name:	BEX  Application Name:	fsx.exe  Application Version:	10.0.61472.0  Application Timestamp:	475e17d3  Fault Module Name:	unknown  Fault Module Version:	0.0.0.0  Fault Module Timestamp:	00000000  Exception Offset:	00000000  Exception Code:	c0000005  Exception Data:	00000008  OS Version:	6.1.7077.2.0.0.256.1  Locale ID:	1033Additional information about the problem:  LCID:	1033

did you fix this problem,becuase i got the same error

#53 gman!

gman!

• Members
  • 818 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 4 Months and 21 Days Ago.
  • Interests:making music, living life to the fullest, nature, cars

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:38 PM

Guys go into your Control Panel and search "event log" then click on View Event Logs.Once the Log viewer comes up navigate to Windows Logs > "Applications" on the left-side pane and look for an event with a Red Exclamation Mark, that has Error to the right of it. Click it, it should show an error for fsx.exe. Then look at the bottom for faulting module, etc.I bet one million dollars the faulting module is uiautomationcore.dll. So it is causing the problem like what people thought all along.Check here for more info:http://forums1.avsim...howtopic=267596

#54 WebMaximus

WebMaximus

WebMaximus

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 8 Months and 17 Days Ago.
  • Interests:Very interested in the pilot profession and aviation in general
  • My PC
  • My Simulator

Posted 26 November 2009 - 02:18 AM

Well...guess I'll just send you my account # in that case :( since the error message in my case states 'Module Unknown' and I have the very same problem, noticed one way that almost always trigger the error is to go through the various AI traffic.

#55 Inactive Member_heliflyr_***

Inactive Member_heliflyr_***
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:13 PM

Finally, It looks as if this is going to work. I was starting to think there was no fix for the "Fatal Error" after serching many other forums for quite some time. Like most, FSX was crashing when I went to the menu bar. From post #33, I installed the .dll (http://www.mediafire.com/?mik2mlqdz1w) and dropped it into FSX and into Windows/system32. NOTE- I renamed the original UIAutomationCore.dll and copied it to desktop for safe keeping until I am sure this procedure fixed the problem. So far so good, no Fatal Errors yet. :( I left the FSX in it's original install location. I don't know it that helps or not but I also deleted the FSX folder under the AppData/Roming/Microsoft/FSX and let FSX genetate a new one. If I get a fatal error later on, then I'll try installing FSX in it's own file. THX Pierre J. and everyone else who have help to solve this issue.FloydIntel Core i7 950 (3.07GHz)Windows 7 Home Premium 64bitASUS Deluxe V26GB RamGeForce GTX285 (vr. 191.07)2x WD 320G SATA Raid 0

#56 Inactive Member_ronatimalala_***

• Guests

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:09 AM

[quote name='stearn' post='1598526' date='Jul 1 2009, 02:39 PM']After rebooting my system, FSX still crashes when using the menus at about 20 times. But this is new: Nothing about the UIAutomationCore.dll rather an unknown error. I think it's time to go back to Vista :( Datum‎01.‎07.‎2009 20:25StatusReport sentBeschreibungPfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeProblemsignaturProblemereignisame: BEXAnwendungsname: fsx.exeAnwendungsversion: 10.0.61472.0Anwendungszeitstempel: 475e17d3Fehlermodulname: unknownFehlermodulversion: 0.0.0.0Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 00000000Ausnahmeoffset: 196703f0Ausnahmecode: c0000005Ausnahmedaten: 00000008Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1Gebietsschema-ID: 1031Weitere Informationen

#57 Inactive Member_ronatimalala_***

• Guests

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:19 AM

Did you solve your problem,i got the same error,please help...thanks

#58 gman!

gman!

• Members
  • 818 posts
  • My PC
  • My Simulator
  • About Me

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:40 PM

Guys go into your Control Panel and search "event log" then click on View Event Logs.Once the Log viewer comes up navigate to Windows Logs > "Applications" on the left-side pane and look for an event with a Red Exclamation Mark, that has Error to the right of it. Click it, it should show an error for fsx.exe. Then look at the bottom for faulting module, etc.I bet one million dollars the faulting module is uiautomationcore.dll. So it is causing the problem like what people thought all along.Check here for more info:http://forums1.avsim...howtopic=267596-------EDIT: Fixed the problem by downloading the dll from the forum above, doing all the steps in the link above, then I replaced the downloaded DLL in C:\Windows\SysWOW64SYSWOW64 stands for Windows On Windows 64-bit, which is used for 32-bit apps. FSX is a 32 bit app. There ya go :(

#59 WebMaximus

WebMaximus

WebMaximus

• Members
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:51 AM

gman!, almost sounds too good to be true if the Fatal Error problem with FSX in Windows 7 is actually solved but one thing I still wonder is if replacing this uiautomation.dll file also solves the Fatal Errors where the module is said to be 'Unknown'?Personally I suffered from this problem since starting to use FSX on the Windows 7 x64 platform but I never saw the dll file in any error messages but in my case the module has always been 'Unknown'.Also I did follow the link you're referring to but need to go there again when I have more time considering the HUGE length of one of those threads over at MS but is there any chance you could just in a few words describe what you did to fix the problem other than replacing this dll file?TIA and I'm very happy for you solving the problem!!

#60 WebMaximus

WebMaximus

WebMaximus

• Members
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:01 PM

OK, I now replaced the uiautomationcore.dll file with the one suggested in this thread and might be to soon to tell for sure but so far no more fatal errors and for anyone else suffering from these fatal errors I also want to point out that I never had any references to this dll file in my error messages but the module was always 'Unknown' but still replacing the dll file seem to have solved the problem and no one would be more happy than me if that is the case!! Will continue to do more flying and see...

#61 gman!

gman!

• Members
  • 818 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:06 PM

OK, I now replaced the uiautomationcore.dll file with the one suggested in this thread and might be to soon to tell for sure but so far no more fatal errors and for anyone else suffering from these fatal errors I also want to point out that I never had any references to this dll file in my error messages but the module was always 'Unknown' but still replacing the dll file seem to have solved the problem and no one would be more happy than me if that is the case!! Will continue to do more flying and see...

Glad to hear your problem seems to be gone so far, and sorry I didn't respond to the thread quickly. I usually forget to access the sub forums :(. On Saturday and Sunday last week I did about 10 flights all with no problems! FSX is running without any problems for me now, and now I can spend less time tweaking and more time flying :(. I am not exactly sure why it says Unknown, but it probably just can't identify the specific problem. If you look[ed] at the link I posted you fill also find some other things I did to fix the problem, such as uninstalling the Visual .NET installations installed by FSX and instead downloading them from the Microsoft Download Center, as well as the fixes/Service Packs for the Visual .NET packages.Good Luck :D

#62 WebMaximus

WebMaximus

WebMaximus

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • My PC
  • My Simulator

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:59 AM

I know of that feeling beeing able to do more flying and less tweaking and tuning. Currently I'm more happy with FSX than I ever been before, having a powerful computer with the horses needed to run FSX the way it was meant to be run and with all such great addons like ASA, GEX, REX, UTX and also the incredible adaptive lighting fix found in another thread here at AVSIM and then enjoying all this in an a/c like the Cessna Citation Mustang from Flight1...now that calls for lots of great flying during these dark winter months!!

#63 Inactive Member_Mike2494_***

Inactive Member_Mike2494_***
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:07 PM

Hi, I have a similar problem with FSX and Windows 7 (64-bit), however my problem is that every time I touch ground, FSX freezes/lags the hell out of the computer. FSX worked perfectly in Vista 64-bit but now I have this problem. Also, its not just FSX, same problem in FS2004... :( I was wondering if this file 'UIAUTOMATIONCORE.dll' might have something to do with it?Anyone else had this problem? Any help is appreciated.Thanks

#64 Inactive Member_craig62_***

Inactive Member_craig62_***
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:14 PM

Hi I'm new here so gidday from Australia, I'm using FSX/SP1, (if I install Sp2 I lose framesrates) actually all my software is illegal apart from Windows ;)...nothing been bought apart from my hardware, I had been having menu crashes eversince Win 7 build 6801 x64/x32 til RTM. Bummer esp, when you're 8hrs into a longhaul KLAX-YBBN route...but after following Post #23's idea, which i did at Xmas, like the man says, no matter how hard I try to right click or click any menu, its Rock Solid.....no crashes except Pilot errors...I took the UIAutomationCore.dll from Vista 64 system 32 folder, and added it to the Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder, which for mine is installed @ default C:/ location, opened cmd, and registered it, (regsvr32 UIAutomationCore.dll ) :( too easyEven if it didnt work for mine, I was no way going back to Xp or bloatware VistaI only fly PMDG or CLS, and I'm pulling 60fps (fraps) MD11 3D cockpit from the Gate, 180fps at 5000ft> consistant (depending upon weather) if its CLS or PMDG 747, my frames are abt 20% down...but I am just so glad the Sim doesn't crash anymore when clicking menus etc...thanks piotr0r!!!!! :( :( B)

#65 rightseater

rightseater

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  • Joined 6 Years
  • My PC
  • My Simulator
  • About Me

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:52 PM

Hi I'm new here so gidday from Australia, I'm using FSX/SP1, (if I install Sp2 I lose framesrates) actually all my software is illegal apart from Windows ;)...nothing been bought apart from my hardware, I had been having menu crashes eversince Win 7 build 6801 x64/x32 til RTM. Bummer esp, when you're 8hrs into a longhaul KLAX-YBBN route...but after following Post #23's idea, which i did at Xmas, like the man says, no matter how hard I try to right click or click any menu, its Rock Solid.....no crashes except Pilot errors...I took the UIAutomationCore.dll from Vista 64 system 32 folder, and added it to the Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder, which for mine is installed @ default C:/ location, opened cmd, and registered it, (regsvr32 UIAutomationCore.dll ) http://forum.avsim.net/public/style_emot... too easyEven if it didnt work for mine, I was no way going back to Xp or bloatware VistaI only fly PMDG or CLS, and I'm pulling 60fps (fraps) MD11 3D cockpit from the Gate, 180fps at 5000ft> consistant (depending upon weather) if its CLS or PMDG 747, my frames are abt 20% down...but I am just so glad the Sim doesn't crash anymore when clicking menus etc...thanks piotr0r!!!!! http://forum.avsim.net/public/style_emot... http://forum.avsim.net/public/style_emot... http://forum.avsim.net/public/style_emot...

Thieves aren't welcome here at AVSIM. Goodbye.

#66 Inactive Member_1stoffroy_***

Inactive Member_1stoffroy_***
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:58 PM

Hi everyone,I think I have a solution for this. I had the same kind of problem when trying to launch Neverwinter Nights 2 on windows 7, which had a serious DLL issue preventing the game from even starting. So instead of letting NWN2 relying of the built-in Windows 7 version of this particular DLL, I just dropped its Windows Vista counterpart in the same folder as the executable, and it worked perfectly.This is what gave me the idea to try the same solution with FSX after I understood that the problem originated from FS X not coping very well with Win7. I dropped a Windows Vista version of UIAutomationCore.dll in the same folder as FS X, and I couldn't crash the sim by clicking the menus like mad, no matter how hard I tried. Then I removed it, and crashed the sim in a fatal error after 20 mouse clicks on the menus. I put the Vista-version DLL back, and no more crashes.I've made a flight test between TNCM and TFFF with the Hornet that comes bundled in FS Acceleration Pack, and it still didn't crash - once again, no matter how hard I try.So if you can get your hands on a vista-version of UIAutomationCore.dll, just drop it in your FSX folder, run a cmd.exe as an administrator and while in your FSX folder, run a regsvr32 UIAutomationCore.dll command to register the dll just to be sure, and test.It has worked for me so far. If it crashes again, I'll let you know, but I do hope I've found a quick-and-dirty-but-functional fix to this. I'll be glad to provide my configuration & system info if that helps, but I think this is what we need to eradicate those @#&! fatal errors.I wish you luck!Pierre J.

#67 Inactive Member_1stoffroy_***

Inactive Member_1stoffroy_***
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:15 PM

Hi everyone,I think I have a solution for this. I had the same kind of problem when trying to launch Neverwinter Nights 2 on windows 7, which had a serious DLL issue preventing the game from even starting. So instead of letting NWN2 relying of the built-in Windows 7 version of this particular DLL, I just dropped its Windows Vista counterpart in the same folder as the executable, and it worked perfectly.This is what gave me the idea to try the same solution with FSX after I understood that the problem originated from FS X not coping very well with Win7. I dropped a Windows Vista version of UIAutomationCore.dll in the same folder as FS X, and I couldn't crash the sim by clicking the menus like mad, no matter how hard I tried. Then I removed it, and crashed the sim in a fatal error after 20 mouse clicks on the menus. I put the Vista-version DLL back, and no more crashes.I've made a flight test between TNCM and TFFF with the Hornet that comes bundled in FS Acceleration Pack, and it still didn't crash - once again, no matter how hard I try.So if you can get your hands on a vista-version of UIAutomationCore.dll, just drop it in your FSX folder, run a cmd.exe as an administrator and while in your FSX folder, run a regsvr32 UIAutomationCore.dll command to register the dll just to be sure, and test.It has worked for me so far. If it crashes again, I'll let you know, but I do hope I've found a quick-and-dirty-but-functional fix to this. I'll be glad to provide my configuration & system info if that helps, but I think this is what we need to eradicate those @#&! fatal errors.I wish you luck!Pierre J.

#68 Bill_KA350

Bill_KA350

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 2 Months and 21 Days Ago.
  • My PC
  • My Simulator
  • About Me

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:49 PM

Try this. It works for me.http://forums1.avsim...howtopic=273341

#69 B42L8

B42L8

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 5 Months and 29 Days Ago.
  • My PC
  • My Simulator

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:54 PM

Amd I think I have/had problems :( , I was thinking about just dleting the CFG.fsx file and letting FSX build me a new one in hopes that would stop the stutter and momentary shutdown.........the thought of reinstalleng FSX is a terrible task.........but this machine (and it is husky), seems like I have lost a lot of horsepower in the last few weeks after messing around with the CH Products calibrations.........(still have the engines rev up when stepping on the brakes???, that is a new gremlin as welll).....any advice on removing this file and building a new one?? B42L8

#70 corkyo4

corkyo4

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 9 Months and 2 Days Ago.
  • My PC
  • My Simulator
  • About Me

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:47 AM

Hi all,Not sure if this is well known or even a working solution (as i've yet to try it, but am about to give it a go)Just looking through the FSpassengers forum looking into instability of fspassengers with win 7 i found a problem that was applicable to me. i.e. clicking on a menu and then freeze and CTD of fsx.The solution there was that a windows update had changed a DLL and subsequently the errors resulted.On simviation there is a fix for the problem DLL which i believe you use to replace the erroneous one.Im about to give it a go and hopefully this will work.But for those who are still scratching your heads it may also be something worth looking at.http://www.simviatio...e...=69&page=13At the bottom of the thread on the link below it also talks about the problem DLL.http://social.techne...26-f2ed6fbeae97Tom

#71 Byrna

Byrna

• Members
  • 677 posts
  • Joined 10 Years and 15 Days Ago.
  • Interests:Flight Simulation online or offline following real-world procedures, all music-especially classical music, video, photography, world politics and history, science-fiction and fantasy, biking, traveling, soccer, documentaries, house plants, cats and dogs (!), art and foreign films, theatre.

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:09 PM

Try this. It works for me.http://forums1.avsim...howtopic=273341

I just downloaded and placed the UIAUTOMATIONCORE.DLL into JUST the FSX folder (DID NOT touch the one in the WINDOWS\SYSWOW64 folder as mentioned here) and I finished a successful flight from Vienna LOWW to Munich EDDM with the default 737-800, using only the default FSX as it came out of the box. I use the FSX Gold edition (with SP1 already installed). NO issue whatsover. No freezing nor any crashes. There is a little bit of stuttering at times (though very little, and mostly micro-stutters, nothing major), particularly when ending the flight while taxiing to the gate at Munich but otherwise, no big deal for now. Increasing mesh complexity to 100% seemed to cause slowdown and so I decreased it to 90% and all went well at the end (when taxiing to gate). I continuously switched views from the menu, and using my CH flight yoke button, and even changed display settings in the middle of the flight, viewed the map many times, and a few other menu functions, without any freezing nor CTDs. Just wanted to report this so that everyone is aware that this Vista version of uiautomationcore.dll seems to be working. I will try a longer flight tomorrow, probably a trans-Atlantic flight and see how it goes.John

#72 WebMaximus

WebMaximus

WebMaximus

• Members
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:42 AM

Noticed the UIAUTOMATIONCORE.DLL file I've been using to fix this problem which I found following some other link in here is not the same version and has not the same filesize as the one found by following this simviation link. The one I've been using is 155 KB in size and the version is 6.0.5840.16386 where the same attributes for the dll-file following the simviation link are 148 KB and 6.0.6001.18000So...I wonder which one is better to use or maye it doesn't matter...?

#73 Byrna

Byrna

• Members
  • 677 posts
  • Joined 10 Years and 15 Days Ago.
  • Interests:Flight Simulation online or offline following real-world procedures, all music-especially classical music, video, photography, world politics and history, science-fiction and fantasy, biking, traveling, soccer, documentaries, house plants, cats and dogs (!), art and foreign films, theatre.

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:39 PM

Noticed the UIAUTOMATIONCORE.DLL file I've been using to fix this problem which I found following some other link in here is not the same version and has not the same filesize as the one found by following this simviation link. The one I've been using is 155 KB in size and the version is 6.0.5840.16386 where the same attributes for the dll-file following the simviation link are 148 KB and 6.0.6001.18000So...I wonder which one is better to use or maye it doesn't matter...?

I had used version 6.0.5840.16386. I have not tried the other version, but my version works perfectly. The crashes stopped completely after putting it in the FSX main folder. Don't forget NOT to register it for Windows 7 has its own version and it needs this to function. Just put it in the FSX folder and the FSX.exe file will automatically find it since it is located in the same folder as itself and will not seek the DLL in the Windows\SYSWOW64 folder.John

#74 WebMaximus

WebMaximus

WebMaximus

• Members
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 09:15 PM

Ok, I just reinstalled my PC including FSX and this time I'll start with the most recent file and should I encounter any problems I'll revert to the original one.

#75 Thran

Thran

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 11 Months and 27 Days Ago.

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:08 PM

I have been haveing this crash problem alot lately and i was close to start a job as a postman so i could snap.Trying to use the dll from the file list a few post ago, and if it works, im ready to send praise emails every day , LOL.Thanks to everyone who has been trouble shooting this problem.