•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

Voice recognition in FSX - which program to choose?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 BartEnder

BartEnder

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 8 Months and 29 Days Ago.

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:14 AM

I would like to talk to my PC...I know that there are some 3rd party add-ons with voice recognition that will cooperate with FSX.I've seen MultiCrewExperience demo (the replays are awfull...), I have used Pro Flight Emulator (does not like hitting numbers), Voice Buddy (not a program specially developed for FSX), Radar Contact (not too many voice packs)...Is there anything I omitted?I generally fly at GA, sometimes in big irons. The perfect 'voice oriented' program will work both with default ATC (by simply talking, not hitting numbers), so I can send ATC sounds to headset via second sound card, would allow me to choose diffrent voice packs (i.e. AT&T, not only defauls MS Anna) and have the checklists and the ability to create a new ones for 3rd party Aircrafts (like Flight Deck Companion). Also it will be great, if the ATC could be as close to real one as in Radar Contack (vectoring, more commands etc).Is there any program like this? If not, which to choose?I have read some topics on AVSIM, but most of them relates to VoxATC or MCE
Bartłomiej Ender

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Inactive Member_Rapunzel_***

Inactive Member_Rapunzel_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 7 Months and 27 Days Ago.

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:39 AM

How about SpeechBuddy?It is originally for FS2004, but works great with FSX.Through the FSUIPC interface, it directly interacts FS itself. Its voice command profile is based on a kind of scriptng language, you can freely edit it.And after all, it is FREE, downloadable at Avsim library.

#3 BartEnder

BartEnder

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 729 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 8 Months and 29 Days Ago.

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:46 AM

How about SpeechBuddy?

Will give it a try
Bartłomiej Ender

#4 darem

darem

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 10 Months and 27 Days Ago.

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:07 AM

I would like to talk to my PC...I know that there are some 3rd party add-ons with voice recognition that will cooperate with FSX.I've seen MultiCrewExperience demo (the replays are awfull...), I have used Pro Flight Emulator (does not like hitting numbers), Voice Buddy (not a program specially developed for FSX), Radar Contact (not too many voice packs)...Is there anything I omitted?I generally fly at GA, sometimes in big irons. The perfect 'voice oriented' program will work both with default ATC (by simply talking, not hitting numbers), so I can send ATC sounds to headset via second sound card, would allow me to choose diffrent voice packs (i.e. AT&T, not only defauls MS Anna) and have the checklists and the ability to create a new ones for 3rd party Aircrafts (like Flight Deck Companion). Also it will be great, if the ATC could be as close to real one as in Radar Contack (vectoring, more commands etc).Is there any program like this? If not, which to choose?I have read some topics on AVSIM, but most of them relates to VoxATC or MCE

If you like to fly GA's and do this most of the time, I think It's your Plane will be the best choice for you (www.itsyourplane.com). Don't let the AWFUL website fool you, the program itself is pretty mature and has - at least for me - the most reliable voice recognition. Just today, they released an update that makes the program working with the Twin Otter, and it works with most Carenado planes as well. IYP offers a demo for the Cessna 172SP.MCE is the better choice if heavies are your passion. It also interfaces with ATC in a very clever and immersive way - but this function is a bit shaky at the moment. MCE has a broader vocabulary, but the functions for the plane are about the same.VoxATC is strictly for communicating with ATC, and it offers the most "mature" way to do so. It's a pity that it doesn't interact with stock or addon AI traffic, but brings its own (and isn't impressing while doing so). It has a demo as well.Then there is Cockpit chatter from Flight1. It's easy to set up, works out of the box (no training needed, since it brings its own recognition software), but is a little bit more limited than the others. No demo available.Personally, I am using IYP for most of my flights, I would use MCE a lot more if it gets those problems with ATC ironed out, and I would use VoxATC as well - but this one has stopped working after I changed the from the demo to a full license. Neither I nor the author knows why, so I am stuck right now.

#5 Avcomware

Avcomware

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,279 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:42 AM

Hi.SpeechBuddy2, free here only, AVSIM. They ALL use the same Recognition software from MS. The only difference is the Price and the flexibility. You can write / modify your own Profile in SpeecgBuddy2 in minutes. Works with, or without, FSUIPC. You may get a message that XPHook is malware, just ignore it. It's a keysend interface used to facilitate the interface, does nothing else. Post here if you have any questions. TV

#6 darem

darem

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 10 Months and 27 Days Ago.

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:05 AM

Hi.SpeechBuddy2, free here only, AVSIM. They ALL use the same Recognition software from MS. The only difference is the Price and the flexibility. You can write / modify your own Profile in SpeecgBuddy2 in minutes. Works with, or without, FSUIPC. You may get a message that XPHook is malware, just ignore it. It's a keysend interface used to facilitate the interface, does nothing else. Post here if you have any questions. TV

Does it work in Vista 64bit?

#7 sbclark

sbclark

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Joined 8 Years, 4 Months and 12 Days Ago.

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:14 AM

I've been using VAC for years..............it works really well for FSX, especially Falcon 4.0 and anything else you can throw at it.It basically sends keypress commands, including macro's (combinations of keypresses) by translating voice commands.Here is a link:http://www.dwvac.com/Bill Clark

Bill Clark

#8 Avcomware

Avcomware

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,279 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:20 PM

HI.

Yes, it does. TV

#9 BlueLemon

BlueLemon

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • Joined 1 Year, 9 Months and 30 Days Ago.

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

I've been using VAC for years..............it works really well for FSX, especially Falcon 4.0 and anything else you can throw at it.It basically sends keypress commands, including macro's (combinations of keypresses) by translating voice commands.Here is a link:http://www.dwvac.com/Bill Clark

Good day

i am interested in  VAC for FSX  i have os 7 64X  would you please give me more info from your own experience  

and also i went to the Link to download    but it says   for windows 7 64x   and 32   (does not contain Microsoft Speech 5.1)   

what does this mean that i need to use the windows Speech ?? or 

many thanks

Firas SalimPosted Image"The joy of being is the joy of being conscious.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#10 JSkorna

JSkorna

Member - 8,000+

• Members
  • 23,198 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 9 Months and 8 Days Ago.

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

Might want to start a new topic and not drag up an almost 5 year old thread.

Thanks,

Jim
Posted Image
http://www.air-source.us/

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

#11 sbclark

sbclark

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Joined 8 Years, 4 Months and 12 Days Ago.

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

Hi,

There are existing profiles out on the web you can download. I would usually download one for a particular sim, or even one aircraft, and then modify it to suit my needs. Modifying or starting from scratch can be tedious, but once you complete a profile, then you can give commands such as gear down, flaps up, etc., thereby simplifying the control of key functions. BTW - there is a learning curve, but after entering a few commands and testing, you will improve your proficiency.

As to Windows 7, it has a voice capability built in. If you Win 7 is 64 bit, then download that version, I suspect, 32 bit will run ok on a 64 bit version of Windows. Leave a question on the VAC forum.

Bill

Bill Clark

#12 BlueLemon

BlueLemon

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • Joined 1 Year, 9 Months and 30 Days Ago.

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:05 AM

Hi,

There are existing profiles out on the web you can download. I would usually download one for a particular sim, or even one aircraft, and then modify it to suit my needs. Modifying or starting from scratch can be tedious, but once you complete a profile, then you can give commands such as gear down, flaps up, etc., thereby simplifying the control of key functions. BTW - there is a learning curve, but after entering a few commands and testing, you will improve your proficiency.

As to Windows 7, it has a voice capability built in. If you Win 7 is 64 bit, then download that version, I suspect, 32 bit will run ok on a 64 bit version of Windows. Leave a question on the VAC forum.

Bill

Thank you sbclark  for the info

Might want to start a new topic and not drag up an almost 5 year old thread.

No thank you it was just a fast Question  i wanted to know his personal experience

Many thanks  

Firas SalimPosted Image"The joy of being is the joy of being conscious.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!