Sign in to follow this  

Hi all.I installed Windows 7 RC and got most everything up and running. but I cannot get my CH controllers to show in FSX ?I do not know if any one is having the same problem, I found no topics on this.Bob

Hi all.I installed Windows 7 RC and got most everything up and running. but I cannot get my CH controllers to show in FSX ?I do not know if any one is having the same problem, I found no topics on this.Bob
Hi all,I tryed installing FSX , same problem. No CH yoke or peddles. It does not show up in FSX , just a mouse yoke ?Bob

Hi Bob,I've not done it, but I've had a couple of reports that things do work in Windows 7 with the Control Manager installed. You might try installing it. You don't need to use a map and the devices look normal. You do have to calibrate it from the CM GUI, but that's all. The GUI isn't resident and if you don't run a map FSX will treat it like the standard devices with the exception of one of the levers on the yoke, that will need to be reassigned in FSX. They order things, X, Y, Z, XRot, YRot, ZRot and the CM orders them X, Y, Z, ZRot, YRot, XRot. So did MS until they went to using Devices.cfg (FS2K2?).One note. Never calibrate it in Windows. You should only calibrate it in the Control Manager GUI. I mention it because I've heard (but cannot verify) that FSX pops the standard Windows calibration applet if you try to calibrate from within FSX under Vista 64 and that can cause problems. In the Vista 64 case, you could calibrate it from the desktop and it would do the right thing, which actually just pops a dialog telling you that you had to calibrate from the Control Manager GUI anyway, but FSX shouldn't be popping the Windows applet when there's a custom applet specified. Anyway, it may have carried in to Windows 7 so I thought I should warn you.If you want to post on the forums over at the CH Hangar:http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/you'll get quicker responses and maybe some input from other people that have run the CM under Windows 7. I don't come through here every day.I don't know that it's a sure thing but I have no other suggestions and probably won't check it with Windows 7 until it's released, so I can't promise anything. But then it's not working now, it doesn't get any worse than that, and assuming there's a System Restore function in Windows 7 it's an easy deal to get back to where you are if you can set a manual restore point before you start installing and uninstalling things. Anyway, FWIW.Edit: I got to thinking maybe you didn't use Vista. In the above, I'm assuming you've got the USB Yoke and Pedals and not one of the older game port versions. The Control Manager won't work with the game port stuff, and Vista offered no support for the game port in 32-bit or 64-bit in any case. My guess is that there is no game port support in Windows 7 either. You might try one of the gameport->USB converters. They seem to work about half the time. If you do try the converter, look for the one by Rockfire. I haven't ever used one so have no recommendation based on it working or not, but it's the only one I know of that claims to be able to decode the CH buttons and without that you're going to get multiple buttons pressed in Windows when you push a single button or hit the hat on the yoke.Best regards,- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

Hi Bob,I've not done it, but I've had a couple of reports that things do work in Windows 7 with the Control Manager installed. You might try installing it. You don't need to use a map and the devices look normal. You do have to calibrate it from the CM GUI, but that's all. The GUI isn't resident and if you don't run a map FSX will treat it like the standard devices with the exception of one of the levers on the yoke, that will need to be reassigned in FSX. They order things, X, Y, Z, XRot, YRot, ZRot and the CM orders them X, Y, Z, ZRot, YRot, XRot. So did MS until they went to using Devices.cfg (FS2K2?).One note. Never calibrate it in Windows. You should only calibrate it in the Control Manager GUI. I mention it because I've heard (but cannot verify) that FSX pops the standard Windows calibration applet if you try to calibrate from within FSX under Vista 64 and that can cause problems. In the Vista 64 case, you could calibrate it from the desktop and it would do the right thing, which actually just pops a dialog telling you that you had to calibrate from the Control Manager GUI anyway, but FSX shouldn't be popping the Windows applet when there's a custom applet specified. Anyway, it may have carried in to Windows 7 so I thought I should warn you.If you want to post on the forums over at the CH Hangar:http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/you'll get quicker responses and maybe some input from other people that have run the CM under Windows 7. I don't come through here every day.I don't know that it's a sure thing but I have no other suggestions and probably won't check it with Windows 7 until it's released, so I can't promise anything. But then it's not working now, it doesn't get any worse than that, and assuming there's a System Restore function in Windows 7 it's an easy deal to get back to where you are if you can set a manual restore point before you start installing and uninstalling things. Anyway, FWIW.Edit: I got to thinking maybe you didn't use Vista. In the above, I'm assuming you've got the USB Yoke and Pedals and not one of the older game port versions. The Control Manager won't work with the game port stuff, and Vista offered no support for the game port in 32-bit or 64-bit in any case. My guess is that there is no game port support in Windows 7 either. You might try one of the gameport->USB converters. They seem to work about half the time. If you do try the converter, look for the one by Rockfire. I haven't ever used one so have no recommendation based on it working or not, but it's the only one I know of that claims to be able to decode the CH buttons and without that you're going to get multiple buttons pressed in Windows when you push a single button or hit the hat on the yoke.Best regards,- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com
Bob,Thank you I went and down loaded the newest control manager it did the trick.Bob

Glad to hear the problem was fixed above, but I wanted to add a note as well:In my testing with Windows 7 (RC), my CH Flight Yoke (USB) and Pro Pedals (USB) were both properly identified and functional (plug-and-play style). I did not need to add any other drivers, use any CH software, or otherwise do anything different. Windows 7 just picked them up and ran with them.You mileage may vary, though. -Greg