Sign in to follow this  
Guest rnetto

PMDG MD-11 brake problem in FS2004

Guest rnetto

I have this topic already posted, but reactions are stopped, so once again .....PMDG MD-11 brake problem in FS2004:When I have landed with Autobrakes on, sometimes the brakes will not go off....I turn the autobrake-switch to off, but brakes stay on and then it is impossible to taxi.The "brakes" text in the left corner of the screen will not disappeaer, even if I turn the autobrakes-switch off and on and off again.Also the A/P is off, I try moving the pedals: nothing will help: I need full throttle to taxi a little, the only thing is to restart FS9.When I am online (VATSIM) it's not so nice if you cannot vacate the runway........I have the CH products yoke, rudder pedals, and throttle quadrant.I use FSUIPC only for VATSIM and other add-ons and did not do anything in FSUIPC itself.So the calibration is in Windows XP and FS9 and the "dead-zone" is big enoughBut I must say: most of the time: everything goes fines, it happens sometimes only with the PMDG MD-11, never with the PMDG 737-800.The last time it happened after a long flight.A few short flights before: no problems. (?!?) coincidence?Richard

I have exactly the same problemDoes anyone have an answer to thisI have had MD11 since introduction and this has only just started happeningAdvice please guys!ThanksRichardCYHM

I have the CH products yoke, rudder pedals, and throttle quadrant....So the calibration is in Windows XP and FS9...
With CH products please make sure your using the latest CH control manager. It installs the correct drivers and will correctly calibrate your CH gear. After the install make sure you go through the calibration for each device. Using default MS joystick drivers can produce unpredictable results similar to the issues your having.

With CH products please make sure your using the latest CH control manager. It installs the correct drivers and will correctly calibrate your CH gear. After the install make sure you go through the calibration for each device. Using default MS joystick drivers can produce unpredictable results similar to the issues your having.
BUMPDid a clean install and PMDG MD11 + CH drivers as suggested, still the Autobrakes system remains engaged. Still no solution yet? Running W7-64 now with FS2004.1.

Renaming FSUIPC.ini worked for me.Thank you for the help!(and sorry for the late reply)

Guest TU0833

i think you should press the period key on your keyboard (not the one in the numpad) after setting the brakes to off. It is mentioned somewhere in the tutorial flight.

I had the same problem back in a while in FSX. PMDG support told me it was FSX core files:Since the MD-11 was my first addon, I just reinstalled all the simulator. It worked. Sometimes I have the problem again... Usually if I turn off the AUTOBREAKE switch in the VC panel they don't go off. The only workaround is to press "." key.

Guest sierra5913

Gents,After nosewheel touchdown simply touch your brakes manually with your joystick or "." key, that will give you an "ABS DISENGAGED" yellow light indication.Then as required, switch autobrakes to the OFF position and thereon the brakes should be available as normal.If you switch the autobrakes to the OFF position before touching the brakes manually, the brakes will lock.Just give the brakes a little manual touch FIRST, and all should be fine.Jason - Syd AUS.

Guest jajajaja
i think you should press the period key on your keyboard (not the one in the numpad) after setting the brakes to off. It is mentioned somewhere in the tutorial flight.
I got a SOLUTION for you guys out there!!!IMPORTANT: Before switching the autobrake knob to "OFF", just hit the brake once with your joystick or "."-key. The speed does not matters!If you do not hit the brakes before switching to "OFF" position, the autobrake is pressurized and the turn to "OFF" closes all valves to depressurize the autobrake system!greets from good old germany:)jajajaja, MD11-F/O