Sign in to follow this  
CapP

Saitek Pro Flight Panels

Hi there,Someone tried these new panels from Saitek? I'm wondering if they are compatible with PMDG's planes (especially the MD-11)? They seem quite nice to me, and that for only $150. With the J41 coming with only VC it would be nice to have a module like this to tune the radio's and autopilot. No need for struggle with the mouse!Well, if nobody owns it, I will post my experiences with these modules in the forum as soon as I have it.

I would be very interested in your findings, let us know please.

i would imagine the radio's work because the PMDG MD11 will be using the default model (?) in order to enable it to interact with FS ATC. this radio panel also works the default 'model' (?) so it should work. i might not make sense but hopefully you can see where i am coming from lol

I tried finding more info on the product but its pretty vague, Im just wondering on the autopilot module if it has a heading select option, ie to be able to turn the dial to select the heading, I know in the pic it just shows ALT and VS, but there must be other screens and options, that alone would seal the deal for me, I hate when Im flying in the VC and being vectored around by atc and at the same time trying to hover my mouse over the hdg knob.

Saitek's website seems to be down. Here they say it is a "Full Autopilot panel" so you can change heading too. If you can assign controls to the buttons with FSUIPC there shouldn't be any problem. But I'm not sure if FSUIPC could handle the knob...

Saitek's website seems to be down. Here they say it is a "Full Autopilot panel" so you can change heading too. If you can assign controls to the buttons with FSUIPC there shouldn't be any problem. But I'm not sure if FSUIPC could handle the knob...
It probably will. It will probably need to be assigned as a button. The Saitek Throttle quadrant has detents for reversers but they actually have to be assigned as buttons. I am very interested in the comm panel. I have the yoke, pedals, an throttle quadrants and I' very happy with them. I will probably order it.RegardsRichie

Richie Walsh

I read the review for the Saitek Panel with the start, landing gear and light switches in PC Pilot magazine and they said that panel was designed more for GA prop aircraft as some of the functions did not work with large commercial planes. It would be interesting though if these panels did completley work though.

I read the review for the Saitek Panel with the start, landing gear and light switches in PC Pilot magazine and they said that panel was designed more for GA prop aircraft as some of the functions did not work with large commercial planes. It would be interesting though if these panels did completley work though.
I have both panels and am sorry to say that the multi panel does not work with aftermarket widebody aircraft. The flaps work, and on the LVL-D 767, I can set the coarse in the radio panel, but thats it. With the MD-11, the numbers will go up in the cockpit, but don't stay in synch with the screen on the multi panel.If you fly GA or stock wide bodies, it works great. The radio panel on the other hand works with all aircraft.Sorry. maybe PMDG can write some drivers for this panel? :(

Ron, thank you very much for sharing this with us. What a pity the multipanel doesn't work; it would have been so nice. On the other hand: are all the knobs and switches working well with the MD-11 and only the display does not correspont to the values in the aircraft? In that case the panel would be handy to enter the values, although you have to look on your screen what they are. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

No it wont work as PMDG dont use the MSFS autopilot, they use a custom coded one hence the reason they supply the keyboard shortcuts to control the MCP's etc. Saitek stuff uses simconnect as far as I know, whether they supply any key commanding interface or not I'm not sure. I know it can be done with the VRinsight Mpanel and MCP combo as I've done it already, and as you say I look at the screen when setting the headings altitudes etc rather than looking as the display on the Mpanel or MCP combo when flying custom coded AP aircraft like PMDG build.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest billpilot
No it wont work as PMDG dont use the MSFS autopilot, they use a custom coded one hence the reason they supply the keyboard shortcuts to control the MCP's etc. Saitek stuff uses simconnect as far as I know, whether they supply any key commanding interface or not I'm not sure. I know it can be done with the VRinsight Mpanel and MCP combo as I've done it already, and as you say I look at the screen when setting the headings altitudes etc rather than looking as the display on the Mpanel or MCP combo when flying custom coded AP aircraft like PMDG build.
No the multi panel does not work for any of the big name heavy addons, I mad the mistake of buying it and was deeply upset to find that it only works with the default aircraft and NOT any addons, I have sent mine back for a full refund. BE WARNEDBill sloane

Guest Bonanzapilot
No the multi panel does not work for any of the big name heavy addons, I mad the mistake of buying it and was deeply upset to find that it only works with the default aircraft and NOT any addons, I have sent mine back for a full refund. BE WARNEDBill sloane
I have the radio panel and its works just fine with the PMDG 737NG under FS9. The issues described above about the tightness of the selector switches and the looseness of the frequency knobs is justified and a bit of an annoyance, but it is much closer to reality and better then clicking buttons on the radio stacks.I have been able to remove the stack pop-up window from the monitor as well so a savings in fps and real estate. Only you can decide if it is worth the $, but I recommend it myself.John

If you fly GA or stock wide bodies, it works great. The radio panel on the other hand works with all aircraft.
Sweet. I don't fly the big stuff. I'm only GA. THis puts these devices more in my sights than before. THANKS!

Ain't it possible to assign the PMDG Keypresses to the Multi Panel via FSUIPC?

No because the Saitek panel doesn't show up as a USB HID device.

Cheers, Andy.