•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

There have been 461 of your fellow community members and guests in the forums and elsewhere on AVSIM within the last 15 minutes!

SUBMIT YOUR NEWS TO AVSIM

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif What's new in the Library
rarrow.gif The Market Place!

rarrow.gif What's New In the Market

rarrow.gif What's Popular In the Market

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif AVSIM Social Groups - NEW!

rarrow.gif Member Reviews
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System - NEW!

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Live Video Streaming
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

AVSIM Market Place
Featured Products!

. . .
- - - - -

what qualifications are needed to write a review for avsim?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Peter Clemenko

Peter Clemenko

• Members
  • 683 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 9 Months and 1 Day
  • Interests:Combat Sims, Flight Sims, Computer Programming

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:36 AM

If the product is released to the public why is any form of contract needed and why should a reviewer sign one? What would happen if one wasn't signed?

the contract isn't done for each review, it's done when you sign up. The main things your not allowed to do are talk about internal affairs to the public and show the developers the review before hand and say something along the lines of "is this ok?".

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#27 mgh

mgh

Member - 5,000+

• Members
  • 7,061 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 11 Months and 11 Days Ago.

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:15 AM

the contract isn't done for each review, it's done when you sign up. The main things your not allowed to do are talk about internal affairs to the public and show the developers the review before hand and say something along the lines of "is this ok?".

I misunderstood. I thought the agreements being discussed related to the developers not to AVSIM.

#28 Johan_Dees

Johan_Dees

Self Proclaimed Captain

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 1 Month and 18 Days Ago.
  • My PC
  • My Simulator

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:21 PM

well, start your own blog and type whatever you want.. when its good, a lot of people will read your reviews.

#29 Peter Clemenko

Peter Clemenko

• Members
  • 683 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 9 Months and 1 Day
  • Interests:Combat Sims, Flight Sims, Computer Programming

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:42 AM

The ability to handle criticism helps, but the ability to know when to tell a developer that you don't care what they say helps more...Furthermore, having development experience yourself helps you in understanding limitations and what can and can't be done... One of the main reasons I don't like reviewing add ons is because I don't have much add on development experience, however I have software development experience, so I can easily tell when someone forgot to implement certain technologies that would fix frame rate issues...For anyone reading this, there are 4 main technologies out there right now that can help framerate issues, most have 0-2 of them, I have only seen a few with 3, and none with all 4...1. native Multicore support2. 64 bit support3. SLI/Crossfire optimization4. OpenCL/CUDA/Stream

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!