Sign in to follow this  
Guest MDK941

MD11 - Flight controls are not smooth

Guest MDK941

Hey folksI have an issue with the flight controls of the MD11. They are not working as smooth as the ones of the 744 or 737. I don

Maik: I am blocked from utube here at work, but it is hard to imagine that you are the first to spot a bug that would have had hundreds of complaints in the first week after release. Could you please try to explain the problem. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest MDK941
Looks like a glitchy pot on the yoke or a FS stutter.
Well the weird thing is, this happens only with the MD11.
Could you please try to explain the problem.
If you

What happens when you do the test (the microsoft calibration one), where the movement of the controller is indicated on a screen. Are those movements smooth?Are you referring to what the exterior control surfaces look like or what the SD Config screen indicates? If exterior view, then maybe it is just FS9. What appears on the config screen is what counts.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest MDK941
What happens when you do the test (the microsoft calibration one), where the movement of the controller is indicated on a screen. Are those movements smooth?
Everything smooth there, no problems. As I said, this effect comes along with the MD11. For example, I start off with the C172 (everything smooth) then I select the MD11 and the controls start to flick.
Are you referring to what the exterior control surfaces look like or what the SD Config screen indicates?
Either way, so the flicking of the controls is also shown on the SD Config.It is really frustrating because all other addon

As mentioned, you have a bug that no one else seems to have so it is natural for us to look for something in your rig that is causing the problem. How does the MD11 fly? Is the "flicker" affecting control response in the air?Maybe pmdg support can add some value, if you send them an email please be sure you get an automated response.

Dan Downs KCRP

I can replicate the weird fluttering of the elevators both on the external model and on the SD... but it has never impacted the flight characteristics. I imagine that the fluttery-ness of the elevators could be a result of how the LSAS system is implemented in the sim.

Guest MDK941
I can replicate the weird fluttering of the elevators both on the external model and on the SD... but it has never impacted the flight characteristics.
On my side they do impact the flight characteristics, that

Mine does that too, and it's only the MD-11 ( I also use the PMDG 737 series, 747-400, 747-400F and LDS 767). I use a registered copy of FSUIPC and a CH yoke for the elevators. I never reported it because it does not affect the flight characteristics. Also, I use FS9 and my controllers show no spikes at all.
Same here. Ralf

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

I have the same problem.But once I turned the LSAS off, the problem disappeared, so I strongly believe that the problem is caused by the LSAS.Fortunately, the flight characteristics are not affected.Tom

Guest MDK941
I have the same problem.But once I turned the LSAS off, the problem disappeared, so I strongly believe that the problem is caused by the LSAS.Fortunately, the flight characteristics are not affected.Tom
Ok so there is no solution? For myself, I bought this machine and it was not cheap, I really would like to have a well working addon. So PMDG please do something

Ok so there is no solution? For myself, I bought this machine and it was not cheap, I really would like to have a well working addon. So PMDG please do something
Maik,You can be part of the solution yourself!As others in this thread confirm the "jitter" as well, they all state that it does not effect flight characteristics.That's my opinion as well. As long as the aircraft is flown inside the correct speed bracket. Speed above Vmin amberband and below Vmax for the present configuration.So if you can handle her like that, a possible smooth pitch control is your reward.Things become different if you find yourself flying a speed that's too low or too high.In those cases, correct manual elevator control is no longer possible, because only full elevator up or down deflection is possible. A whole different magnitude than some jitter.As this is not as per real aircraft, I would appreciate some correction here when possible.For the time being please keep your speeds within the limits.Best regards,Harry