Sign in to follow this  
Guest SteveFrost

Texture Max Load Editor Released

Guest SteveFrost
tml_main.png

Hello,I am pleased to announce that the Texture Max Load Editor has been released! The Texture Max Load Editor is a free application developed from the ground up for Flight Simulator X.The Texture Max Load Editor will change the maximum texture resolution that Flight Simulator X can load. Many flight simmers have environment add-ons, such as Real Environment Xtreme, that make use of High Definition and Super High Definition textures. These textures can go up to a resolution of 4096 pixels square. However, the default maximum resolution for Flight Simulator X is 1024. This means that you are not making use of the SHD, high resolution textures you have loaded.Users have the option to run a service that makes sure the Texture Max Load value never change back to the default value. This service is unique and no other third party add-on can do this.The application has many options available so users can customize their experience. Below is a list of the options that are available in the application.

• Ability to run the application when Flight Simulator starts
  • Ability to run the application when Windows starts
  • Option to run the service automatically
  • Auto-Change options

These options can be changed at any time in the application.For more information and download links for the Texture Max Load Editor, visit the Frosty Software website at http://www.frostysoftware.comThank you,Steve Frost

Guest Hardwater
Sweet! Thanks for this. :(
Thanks it does get annoying changing it.

Smart idea, nice tool and beautiful interface.Thanks a lot Steve :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Outstanding! Thanks for this one, Steve!Curious question now. I have no idea how you did it, but could the same thing be done for the "LOD Radius=" setting? The max slider setting in FSX makes it "4.5", but with photoreal scenery it's nice to crank it up to even 8.0 if your computer can handle it. Mine can, but same as the TML, if you use any other slider in FSX, it gets reset to "4.5" again. Having a utility that would stop that from happening would put me in FSX heaven now that the TML one is here!PS - Are you taking "donations" for the above TML utility? I think it's golden, and would be glad to send you a "Thank You".Rick

Rick Ryan

Wow, just brilliant. Since I use REX, I always seem to have to fiddle with that line, and I'm glad something takes it off my hands.

Guest SteveFrost
Smart idea, nice tool and beautiful interface.Thanks a lot Steve :--)
Thanks David :)
Outstanding! Thanks for this one, Steve!Curious question now. I have no idea how you did it, but could the same thing be done for the "LOD Radius=" setting? The max slider setting in FSX makes it "4.5", but with photoreal scenery it's nice to crank it up to even 8.0 if your computer can handle it. Mine can, but same as the TML, if you use any other slider in FSX, it gets reset to "4.5" again. Having a utility that would stop that from happening would put me in FSX heaven now that the TML one is here!PS - Are you taking "donations" for the above TML utility? I think it's golden, and would be glad to send you a "Thank You".Rick
Thanks for the kind words :)It is defiantly possible to work with other settings in the fsx.cfg file. I would be happy to write other utilities, or possibly lots of different functions combined in one large program, to change the different values in the fsx.cfg file.As for the donations, that's very kind of you. I will be settings up a paypal account shortly. Once I have it set up, A link will appear on this page: http://www.frostysoftware.com/donate.html
Wow, just brilliant. Since I use REX, I always seem to have to fiddle with that line, and I'm glad something takes it off my hands.
Glad you like it :)

Steve,Crank out an "LOD Radius=" utility that stops it from being reset, and you'll have TWO donations coming your way. The TML and LOD resets are the only two things about FSX now that drive me nuts. I hate having to use "saved" fsx.cfg files to swap in and out just because of them. Will be looking for the donation link on your site. And hoping for the LOD Radius utility if you would be so kind.Rick

Rick Ryan

When I saw this, I immediately went to D/L it, although I've not checked it out yet. Even so, the idea is a good one, so thank you for creating something like this, and especially gratis, you are the kind of stuff FS legends are made of Steve. Expect a donation when your paypal link is up.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

you are the kind of stuff FS legends are made of Steve. Expect a donation when your paypal link is up.
Very well said Al.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

..........It is defiantly possible to work with other settings in the fsx.cfg file. I would be happy to write other utilities, or possibly lots of different functions combined in one large program, to change the different values in the fsx.cfg file.............Glad you like it :)
Firstly, thanks for this very useful idea and the time it takes to produce such an application.I would add another variable in the .cfg file that gets reset to a default whenever any change is made to the FSX settings, and that is "Visibility". The default minimum is 60 miles, and any attempt to edit the .cfg to a smaller value (which is often more realistic) gets reset when the settings are changed.Thanks again, Bruce.

Guest SteveFrost

I like your ideas :)I'll take a look at creating the two utilities you suggested ;)Thanks again for all of the kind comments guys :)

Take a look at getting your paypal link going first though. :( Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest SteveFrost

Will do :( I didn't have much time today but I'll probably have it all set up tomorrow evening.

Wow, looks great, downloading now. I saw it at, err, work. Came home played with the kids in the sprinkler and put them to bed and now a I am checking it out. Thanks

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg