Sign in to follow this  
jd

UT2 callsigns and RC

Could you please post a complete list of the updated callsigns so far, that you will update if there are new ones available? I think that would make it much easier for us! Thanks in advance!
for v4 or v5? this thread started out as a v4 thread, i believe.jd

here's what i got, someone else might have more but this will cure most of the major ones.AMERICANAIRLINES,american,,0, 0 UNITEDAIRLINES,united,,0, 0 SKYWESTAIRLINES,skywest,,0, 0 USAIRWAYS,US AIR,,0, 0 AMERICANEAGLE,eagleflight,,0, 0 Spiritairlines,spiritwings,,0, 0 JetblueAirways,JET BLUE,,0, 0 ShuttleAmerica,skywest,,0, 0 bmiBritishMidland,MIDLAND,,0, 0 QatarAirways,QATARI,,0, 0 bmiRegional,baby,,0, 0 FreedomAirlines,LIBERTY,,0, 0 MexicanaDeAviacion,MEXICANA,,0, 0 CroatiaAirlines,CROATIA,,0, 0MalevHungarianAirlines,MALEV,,0, 0AlaskaAirlines,ALASKA,,0, 0 SouthwestAirlines,SOUTHWEST,,0, 0 KLM-RoyalDutchAirlines,KLM,,0, 0JetstarAirways,jetstar,,0, 0QantasAirways,QANTAS,,0, 0FrontierAirlines,FRONTIER FLIGHT,,0, 0TransStatesAirlines,WATER SKI,,0, 0CathayPacificAirways,CATHAY,,0, 0

Nick Running

I need help with UPS this is what is in my c4 fileUPS,UPS,United Parcel Service Company (UPS) - USA,297, 4I changed it to UPS,UPS,United Parcel Service Company (UPS) - USA,,0, 0 but then when I start up RC4 I get an error, something about a voice dll error

I need help with UPS this is what is in my c4 fileUPS,UPS,United Parcel Service Company (UPS) - USA,297, 4I changed it to UPS,UPS,United Parcel Service Company (UPS) - USA,,0, 0 but then when I start up RC4 I get an error, something about a voice dll error
I'm not surprised you got a error - there is a extra comma inbetween USA and the zero. And also the extra space before the last zero would also cause problems. Remember to also TAKE A BACKUP FIRST :) and use notepad to edit rather than excel.The correction should read:UPS,UPS,United Parcel Service Company (UPS) - USA,0,0Having said that, changing the 297 and 4 to 0,0 isn't going to make a difference (the numbers are for remembering the last flights flown).If there is a problem with UPS in UT, you're better off running Pete's Dawson's TrafficLook and identifying the UPS airplane. What is the callsign listed there? That's what's needed to get UPS called correctly.What is it called now? Uniform?Subs

I'm not surprised you got a error - there is a extra comma inbetween USA and the zero. And also the extra space before the last zero would also cause problems. Remember to also TAKE A BACKUP FIRST :) and use notepad to edit rather than excel.The correction should read:UPS,UPS,United Parcel Service Company (UPS) - USA,0,0Having said that, changing the 297 and 4 to 0,0 isn't going to make a difference (the numbers are for remembering the last flights flown).If there is a problem with UPS in UT, you're better off running Pete's Dawson's TrafficLook and identifying the UPS airplane. What is the callsign listed there? That's what's needed to get UPS called correctly.What is it called now? Uniform?Subs
Thanks Subs, I'll look into the TrafficLook program, and yes it is referring to UPS as Uniform, I will also add that I used the UT2 Power Pack to add UPS to my FSX traffic

and were is this file at? i don't see a cvs file, and also add jetblue too the list, thanks
I was looking for the cvs file under the folder where the RC4 is installed and I do not see it. Can you advise?

Tom Link

I was looking for the cvs file under the folder where the RC4 is installed and I do not see it. Can you advise?
Found it :)

Tom Link

RC4/data/c4.csv. Be sure Explorer is set to show file extensions. When you open it user "open with" and choose notepad.

Stupid question but is this still a manual edit? I mean, if someone just downloaded RC4 is this all incorporated already?No biggie, just curious and will make the edits later tonight if need be. I have been reading through posts for a while for nothing specific but when I saw this it reminded me of a flight last night where Tower called a UT2 British Airways 747 "Speedbird".

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Stupid question but is this still a manual edit? I mean, if someone just downloaded RC4 is this all incorporated already?No biggie, just curious and will make the edits later tonight if need be. I have been reading through posts for a while for nothing specific but when I saw this it reminded me of a flight last night where Tower called a UT2 British Airways 747 "Speedbird".
If I understand you correctly, yes any changes are manual edits of the RCv43 files. The files can be complex, with specific requirements of their format so even a single extra/missing comma in the files can cause RC to act unexpectedly. TAKE A BACKUP first and only edit with notepad, never with excel.Some airliines have changed callsign after the release of RCv4 - and these changes and corrections will be incorporated in v5 as best as we can.As for British Airways, that's good news because Speedbird is the callsign they use :) Just FYI, there used to be "Speedbird Concorde" as well but the Concorde don't fly no more :(Subs

Coolbeans, thanks Subs.Interesting about "Speedbird". I never knew that. I though it was just some made up FS default name.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I just discovered onother one :) POLLOT is being called LIMA.Can someone help in fixing it? Normally when I choose LOT I get proper POLLOT by ATC but not to UT2 planes...

Tom Link

I just discovered onother one :) POLLOT is being called LIMA.Can someone help in fixing it? Normally when I choose LOT I get proper POLLOT by ATC but not to UT2 planes...
When the AI is there/active, how is it listed in TrafficLook? My guess is that in UT's database, they have called it something starting with L, which RC doesn't recognise.Finding out what that L word will be the key.Subs

When the AI is there/active, how is it listed in TrafficLook? My guess is that in UT's database, they have called it something starting with L, which RC doesn't recognise.Finding out what that L word will be the key.Subs
I can almost guarantee that it calls for Lima because UT2 has it listed as LOT. Try editing csv file for RC4 and report back if this worked.Also, the American Connection flights departing Chicago are being called American by RC, what should I edit?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Also, the American Connection flights departing Chicago are being called American by RC, what should I edit?
What is American Connection supposed to be called? Isn't American Connection a set of regional airlines that operate for AA? Maybe they use their induvidual airline callsigns?Subs