Sign in to follow this  
MeneMene

Istanbul scenery marmara.zip

I couldn't find an english support forum, so I thought I'd ask here.I'm trying to install LTBA2008, and it needs the file "marmara.zip" to fix the seafront around marmara and istanbul.The maramara scenery consists of two folders- "istanbul" containing city objects and the like, and "cografya", which contains the terrain. Also in the zip are four library files that you have to put into the default asia scenery folder. The readme claims that these are landclass files- HL955170.bgl, HP955170.bgl, RD955170.bgl, and ST955170.bgl.So I put these four bgl's into the scenery/asia/scenery folder, and put the istanbul and cografya folders into the addon scenery folder. I then installed LTBA2008 v1.2, and activated these three sceneries like this:LTBAcografyaistanbuljust like the readme said to do.When I start the game and go to the airport there's a problem with the coastline. The new extended coastline is there, but there's no land behind it, so I get these strange strips of what could be called beach, with water instead of land behind them.The folder cografya is what controls the terrain and the coastline, and when I remove it, I get the default shoreline back. I tried placing istanbul above cografya, and replacing the four bgl's in the scenery folder with the default ones, but as long as the cografya folder is active, the strips of coast are still there without anything behind them. It's as if the landclass is broken, and there is no land being substituted for the water.Could anyone tell me if they are running this scenery correctly, or could someone better informed about landclass and terrain files give suggestions as to what could be wrong?thanks in advance

yeah I looked that, and moved all of the files into the right folders. The problem is somewhere in the marmara package, or some other bgl is messing with it.The "ghost" coastlines the marmara scenery puts down are right, but there is no landclass to add land behind them, or if there is, it isn't working.

yeah I looked that, and moved all of the files into the right folders. The problem is somewhere in the marmara package, or some other bgl is messing with it.The "ghost" coastlines the marmara scenery puts down are right, but there is no landclass to add land behind them, or if there is, it isn't working.
The "other bgl" could be from the excellent HSP --Hellenic Scenery Project -- at least that's what it was for me when I had exactly the same problem. So for me now, the rule is -- switch off all Greek add-on scenery when flying in Turkey, and vice-versa.An unintentional replication in flight sim of the real-world relations between these two members of NATO. Then again, it gives us the wonderful takeoff and landing restrictions at Samos!If you don't have Greek scenery installed, please use the elimination method to find the culprit. After having had the same problems as you and fixing them, I'm now more than happy with the lovely Istanbul package!William

ahh, that would be the culprit. I do have the greek scenery installed. thanks.
Hope it works out for you. By the way, the Istanbul scenery worked for me after I not only unchecked the Hellenic Scenery Project boxes in my "Scenery Library" page within the sim, but also removed the bgls installed by HSP in scenery/world/asia/scenery and scenery/world/eure/scenery and reinstalled the default bgls, before installing those Istanbul bgls that you mentioned in the first post. There's even some overlap -- both HSP and the Marmara package by Bibir Salsa have their own replacement HP955170 bgls (asia) -- maybe that one bgl is the source of all the trouble, but haven't tested it by itself.All the best,Bill

There's even some overlap -- both HSP and the Marmara package by Bibir Salsa have their own replacement HP955170 bgls (asia) -- maybe that one bgl is the source of all the trouble, but haven't tested it by itself.
Version 1.2 of the LTBA2008 scenery has its own version of some of the default bgl files, too - FL955170.bgl and AB955170.bgl. Replacement of default scenery bgl files is always risks clashes with other sceneries and it would be better if scenery designers avoided doing this. It may be worth checking these are the ones in use, mine are dated 6/6/09 and 5/6/09 respectively.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Mine is running perfectly fine. I've marmara, and ltba 08 v1.2 installed. Any chance of a screenshot that shows the problem?