Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

The new "wide-screen" displays...

John- don't give up yet! (You are working with Views L&R Fwd?? Not Views L or R! There are 8 different views in FS.)First of all,views L&R Fwd need to be same width as VFwd- before you drag them off to each side. Drag their edges to make them same width- then slide them off to the sides- leaving only a slice visible beside View Fwd.
Okay Alex, you asked for it!I have tried starting this process two ways. Neither of these has worked for me. If you could set me off on the right track I might get somewhere. First method: I use SHIFT + 7 to get Left Fwd. not Left. The main cockpit screen immediately disappears. I can do nothing with this. Second method: I open a window with CTRL + W and use SHIFT + S to cycle through the screens to cockpit view. This comes up minus the gauges etc. I then undock this and drag it to the left but as I re-size the image gets distorted and out of scale - I've aligned the grass but none of the remainder lines up. Increasing the size of this window makes things even worse. I attach two images to illustrate. Images over 200K file size deleted

Supporter.png

John

John- If you are using FS default planes, there is a problem in that all the 2D views contain 3D artifacts such as window frames which really screw up mating two views together. Microsoft in effect uses the virtual view as the 2D view. These virtual artifacts can be removed with a hex editor but that's a whole different ball game.Add on planes all seem to have separate 2D views.I think we're back at my original guess that (different sized) multiple views on a single monitor- even a wide screen- is a dicey proposition. And that, even if it is accomplished, it is almost certainly going to have a severe impact on frame rate- probably dropping it to 1/3 of single view FPS.If you set triple views on a single mon, I see no real alternative but that they should all be same size- ie each 1/3 of the screen width. I have done this so I know it works- but you do need some CPU horsepower. On the other hand three views on three monitors via 2 video cards means that the CPU is updating only one view at a time- the other two are static. When the three views are integrated, 2/3 of what your brain sees is always frozen at that instant so the whole seems very smooth. And you need much less horsepower. I'll attach a pic showing triple views on one mon.(your pics are probably going to be deleted by AVSIM as being beyond their 200K size limit- but I did examine them!)Alex ReidTriple views - single monitor. PMDG 747 aloft near CYVR. Experiment to evaluate potential use of a large HD TV screen. AMD XP2200 1.8 & 2 GeForce FX5200 GPUs.