What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Drzewiecki Design Easter Sale 30% off
- Flysimware 50% off on SimMarket
- FlightSystems Spring Promo, Free Payware!
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition 80% off $4.99 now to Mar 30 End
- EDDK Köln/Bonn from Aerosoft for €14,48 / $14.29
- Airline2Sim Q400 Cadet Training Course 50% off
- Steam Sale FSX + DCS
- FSX: SE on sale... 80% off
- FSX Steam edition is 80% off At the moment
- FSX on Steam back to £3.99 for the weekend
- For Sale: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, $120
- For Sale: GTX 970 Superclocked
- Saitek Flight Sim components for sale New-in Box ever used
- Edtracker for sale
- Saitek TPM Panel (throttle,mixture and prop) ** WANTED **
- Selling my GTX Titan Superclocked
- TrackIR 5 - Track Clip for Hat
- Precision Flight Controls PFC Yoke, Rudders, Throttles + GoFlight Panels
- For Sale 1947 Piper PA12
- Real 737 Overhead and Aft Overhead For Sale
. . .
FSX water textures are generating as "land" textures
Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:03 PM
Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:11 PM
Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:42 PM
Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:00 AM
Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:33 PM
When you installed the demo it installed "it's version" of the Terrain.cfg file. If you don't turn the old versions of FTX OFF, then the replacement Terrain.cfg file is still in use. UTX modifies, not replaces, but modifies the Terrain.cfg file with it's necessary entries. Now with the FTX version of Terrain.cfg being active there is no data to add back the effects that UTX creates. You'll see many layers in the Scenery Library for UTX, including one that excludes default features. Those files or layers are still being applied, but without the necessary Terrain.cfg entries things like water, streams, roads go missing.
The only thing different was I had installed ...and the FTX Australia Blue Demo, as well as the L-39.
Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:27 PM
Intel i5 2500k 4.5ghz
Asus GeForce GTX560ti 1024mb GDDR5
Corsair Vengeance Blue 8gb 1600mhz
Seagate Baracuda 500GB 6GB/s 16mb Cache
Cooler Master Elite case
Cooler Master hyper 212 CPU fan
G7 780w PSU - I know i need to upgrade this!
32" BEKO HD LCD screen
FSX Acceleration + UTX, GEX, REX, GenX VFR UK, all UK2000 airports, Mogwaisoft Shade, many Aerosoft Major Airports
PMDG's 744X Queen of the skies.
Total outlay about £1500. Next i intend on getting a good Yoke and peddles.