Sign in to follow this  
Guest BDick0671

How to make HTML files for use in the fs9 kneeboard

Guest BDick0671

Hey does anyone know how to make the HTML. files to use in the fs9 flight knee board .Im trying to produce html files to use within the knee board to view flight plans , runway frequencey and, runway headings! Is there a certain SDK or extension file i need to create these files? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You could just use Excel or Word and then save the file in html format. All you would then have to do is place a link in the kneeboard_keys.htm to your html file. I place one at the top of the page so I don't have to scroll to find it.Mark

HelloOk I found a kneeboard_keys.htm and a kneeboard_keys_fs.htm and I opened them....so how do you insert/place the link?Gerry Reid

You might try the fine little program called PSPAD.http://www.pspad.com/en/Download is named pspad454b2351.cabJust execute the cab file as you would any zip file to install it.It is a text program which has an option to save what you have written as a HTML file so you can create your own checklists etc.Microsoft Word also will also save as a MTML document but I find the output a bit cumbersome although you can add colors easily etc..EDIT ADDED: You might also find this file useful:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&DLID=79291It allows you to display just about anything you wish on your kneeboard.Hope this is helpful.

That's a cool program Opa! Hey Gerry, you can use the program that Opa has suggested. First, make sure that you have a backup of the kneeboard_keys.htm file in a safe location . Anyway, an HTML link is actually called an anchor. You could simply use PSPad to edit the kneeboard_keys.htm file just like you edit any other file. When you insert the anchor, it will ask you where to link it to. All you have to do is point the anchor to the HTML page that you created. That page/file can be anywhere on your system, on a network, or on the web. I have a link to my VideoLan player in case I want to listen to some tunes while flying :)Mark

Guest BDick0671

Hey guys these are all great ideas!! This has been a big help. I guess the saying, it's not just a hobby its a addiction is very true. since I started this post I have been doing some research,and have found that tinkering with this addiction is what it takes,besides asking questions! One thing i have found, is inside your aircraft configuration file there are 2 or more referances listed as---} kb_checklists and kb_reference. These controle what is put into the knee board under the referance section or the checklists section, by simply copying a HTML file to the folder of a particular aircraft, and then copying and pasting the name of the HTML folder into one of these sections (kb_checklists and kb_reference) in the aircraft configuration. The catch is though each time you want to change the info ya have to change the HTML file in the aircraft file, and the listing under kb_checklists and kb_reference. Thanks everyone for your help! I hope to here more feedback in this posting!