What's new in the Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (Ver. 2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Aerosoft Discounts at SimPlanet
- Iris Simulations discount on FSS
- 3 Imaginesim airports now freeware
- Taxi2Gate MMMX Mexico City for FSX 30% off at Simmarket
- Chillblast and Matt Davies announce new line of FSX PCs
- FSiPanel July 4th $15 OFF
- Wing Creation Airports 25% off at simMarket
- REX 50% off Sale
- LLH Simulations -25%
- Flight1 C510 Mustang Discount
- Selling My 737 Gear :(
- Selling my Simulator to Realize my Dream.... Saitek FIPs, Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Radios, MultiPanel (AP), Switch Panel, Throttle Quad, etc.
- Galaxy GTX 780 for sale
- TrackIR 5 with Black TrackClip
- Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System With Rudder Pedals
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- Track IR 5
- Dell/Alienware M14 (Late 2013 model)
- VRInsight V737 Overhead
- Boeing VR Insight MCP Combo II For Sale - only a few months old
. . .
Simple animated (moving) car objects for fs2004
Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:22 AM
I have worked with most of the Object Placing programs (such as EZ) and have never seen a "moving" object - they are all static. There are some effects (such as smoke above a chimney that "moves") which you can place but certainly not any vehicles such as are seen in George Grimshaw's fantastic free Boston (KBOS) airport enhancement.What he (and a few others) have done with moving auto and truck traffic is not "simple" as you stress in your post. I have no idea how that was accomplished but you might get some answers at the FSDevelopers forum site where the "heavyweight" scenery designers hang out.http://www.fsdevelop...forum/index.phpThe old Lago program (no longer available) did allow setting up "tracks" which vehicles would move on but is the only program I have ever seen with that capability.It is possible to set up buses, taxi's, boats and such as an AI "aircraft and have a few of them taxi to an invisible runway but never take off. There are major limitations on that approach and while the procedure is really not difficult, it could not be classified as "simple" either.Hope that answers your question.
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had a simple idea or knew where i could obtain some simple animated moving car objects that i could simply use with EZ sceneryThanksJackDeluxe Sceneries
Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:10 PM