What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- 50% off nearly everything at MV! Three days ONLY!
- Dell 28" 4K moniters on sale for $218 with free shipping
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- What did you buy over the holidays and how do you like it?
- Mega sims sale
- Star Citizen's Limited Ship Sale till Feb 1
- Just Flight Canberra Download
- X-Plane 10 with 50% off on Steam for the next 47 hours
- Flightbeam New Years Sale
- Abacus FS Repaint v2
- Dell U2312HM 23" Monitor
- Trade a GoFlight MCP-Advanced for RP48
- Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition - 1Yr Old
- 737 and Misc Sim parts for Sale
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- X52 Pro flight controls used $100
- Custom Flight Sim PC For Sale - Upgrade to a faster system now!
- Saitek Proflight Yoke
- ***GAMING PC*** with £1,000 of FSX Addons [UK ONLY]
- For Sale Boeing 737 MCP and EFIS
. . .
Simple animated (moving) car objects for fs2004
Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:22 AM
I have worked with most of the Object Placing programs (such as EZ) and have never seen a "moving" object - they are all static. There are some effects (such as smoke above a chimney that "moves") which you can place but certainly not any vehicles such as are seen in George Grimshaw's fantastic free Boston (KBOS) airport enhancement.What he (and a few others) have done with moving auto and truck traffic is not "simple" as you stress in your post. I have no idea how that was accomplished but you might get some answers at the FSDevelopers forum site where the "heavyweight" scenery designers hang out.http://www.fsdevelop...forum/index.phpThe old Lago program (no longer available) did allow setting up "tracks" which vehicles would move on but is the only program I have ever seen with that capability.It is possible to set up buses, taxi's, boats and such as an AI "aircraft and have a few of them taxi to an invisible runway but never take off. There are major limitations on that approach and while the procedure is really not difficult, it could not be classified as "simple" either.Hope that answers your question.
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had a simple idea or knew where i could obtain some simple animated moving car objects that i could simply use with EZ sceneryThanksJackDeluxe Sceneries
Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:10 PM