Sign in to follow this  
Jack_McDonald

Simple animated (moving) car objects for fs2004

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had a simple idea or knew where i could obtain some simple animated moving car objects that i could simply use with EZ sceneryThanksJackDeluxe Sceneries

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had a simple idea or knew where i could obtain some simple animated moving car objects that i could simply use with EZ sceneryThanksJackDeluxe Sceneries
I have worked with most of the Object Placing programs (such as EZ) and have never seen a "moving" object - they are all static. There are some effects (such as smoke above a chimney that "moves") which you can place but certainly not any vehicles such as are seen in George Grimshaw's fantastic free Boston (KBOS) airport enhancement.What he (and a few others) have done with moving auto and truck traffic is not "simple" as you stress in your post. I have no idea how that was accomplished but you might get some answers at the FSDevelopers forum site where the "heavyweight" scenery designers hang out.http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/index.phpThe old Lago program (no longer available) did allow setting up "tracks" which vehicles would move on but is the only program I have ever seen with that capability.It is possible to set up buses, taxi's, boats and such as an AI "aircraft and have a few of them taxi to an invisible runway but never take off. There are major limitations on that approach and while the procedure is really not difficult, it could not be classified as "simple" either.Hope that answers your question.

I think the old fs98/2000 dynamic sceneries still work in 2004. There are still 2 or 3 programmes around for placing tracks, objects etc but haven't used them myself for some time. You need Fs98/2000 models though if I remember right - still some around somewhere. Search for "Dyna" or "Dynamic" here on Avsim or the other sim sites.