Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tiemen

MD-11 / FSX / EHAM ILS 27 incorrect route

As close as I can get without adding another fix, etc:-APPROACH ILS27 FIX WPNB 2000 FIX EH639 2000 RNW 27 TRK 268 VECTORS TRANSITION RIVER FIX RIVER FIX SP30A AT OR BELOW 10000 SPEED 250 FIX D223O SPEED 220 FIX SPL AT OR ABOVE 7000 FIX OVERFLY WPNB HDG 141 UNTIL 003 FROM FIX WPNB TURN LEFT DIRECT FIX PAM TRANSITION SUGOL FIX SUGOL 10000 FIX SPL30 AT OR BELOW 10000 SPEED 250 FIX D293O SPEED 220 FIX SPL AT OR ABOVE 7000 FIX OVERFLY WPNB HDG 141 UNTIL 003 FROM FIX WPNB TURN LEFT DIRECT FIX PAMSeems to work ok.... needs altitudes and speeds though.John Ellison

HDG 141 UNTIL 003 FROM FIX WPNB
This syntax is correct but the aircraft usually doesn't start the next segment after the UNTIL 3 FROM FIX right at but up to a mile after the 3 mile distance so I prefer using a pseudofix such as 'FIX WPNB3 COLOCATED 141 3' then the statement becomes 'FIX WPNB FIX OVERFLY WPNB3 TURN LEFT DIRECT FIX PAM'Either works, now we are tweaking.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Tiemen

Just tried out what John posted and I got this (See attachment) This looks much better then what it was. Will try what Dan posted now and see what it does then. :)Tiemen,

Dan's does sound better as I tried it out in a 737 around midnight last night lol. I got a couple of disconitinuities thown in but they cleared. Flew right over WPNB then turned so not quite right. I can see Dan's working much better.Lucky PAM is near the approach lol. Wont be so lucky with ils06 (Have to add a fix there).I'm pretty sure one runway isn't used for landing though... 36? I know 18 is used for takeoffs. I'm sure you would know better.John Ellison

Guest Tiemen

I know this:18L is not used for landings, only used for takeoffs18C is used for landings and takeoffs18R is only used for landings, not used for takeoffs36L is not used for landings, only used for takeoffs36C is used for landings and takeoffs36R is only used for landings, not used for takeoffsI also know that using the APU is not allowed because of noise restrictions. But I am not sure about that one. Could not have been bothered yet to figure that out.Oh I wanted to thank both of you John and Dan for your help!Tiemen,

Interesting! I merely dropped my speed at WPNB to 155Kts in them FMC and I got a straight magenta line to RWY 27. I used the HDG knob to follow the left hand turn while maintaining 2000FT to line up with the RWY 27, as I completed the turn I then selected LNAV and VNAV to allow the FMC take over again at which point I captured the localizer at 2000FT and APP selected soon after. I then dropped the ALT to zero and the FMC brought her on in. No need to edit a thing.

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png