Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

little guide for VC views

As I stated in an other thread I miss the 2D panles, too...I'm a VC lover, but for some reasons I'd like to have both options: 2D AND VC:I just can configure Mouse Macros for FSUIPC with 2D Panles... thats something that isn't working now with the J41. So I hope urgently to get the ability for key commands!!! Everybody with a few hardware devices will demand this.Second reason is, that some 2D panels are helpfull for some views or mouse klicks, like an overhead 2D.So, you can toggle to all views with the "A" key to get to a special view, but thats not handy...Here's a little guide how to set the overhead panel to a key (Joystick or keyboard, as you like)NOTE: every change described below is at your own risk. Don't blame PMDG for that, what you are doing.Don't do it if you don't know what you are doing1) Go to folder MicrosoftFS/Simobjects/Airplanes/PMDG_JS41002) Backup the aircraft.cfg at a save place!!!3) Open aircraft.cfg with editor or notepad or sth like this4) scroll down to [CameraDefinition.011]This is the Overhead panel as you can see it in the title5) At the end of this section add "HotKeySelect=n", where "n" is a integer between 4 and 96) go to options menu in FS and go to "controls" (maybe this sounds other in english...sorry, I just have the german version)Go to views and assign a key or button of your choice to "Select Camera n", where "n" matches the "n" aboveNo, if you press your assigned key, the overhead comes instantly up.Same can be done with [CameraDefinition.013] which is the pedestalThe only disadvantage is, that this function doesn't toggle, so you have to press F9 to get back to the normal VC sight.Same will work with FSUIPC, too when you select "View_Camera_Select_n"I think thats not a secret trick for the most of you, but if it is helpful for some, I'm glad.guenter

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I stated in an other thread I miss the 2D panles, too...Same will work with FSUIPC, too when you select "View_Camera_Select_n"I think thats not a secret trick for the most of you, but if it is helpful for some, I'm glad.guenter
Can be done easier via the menu in FSX called contols and assign the different camera views to a keyboard key or other hardware :( If you assign a key also to previous and next you can switch easy...

André

Can be done easier via the menu in FSX called contols and assign the different camera views to a keyboard key or other hardware
Thats how I described it.... FSUIPC is just an other way to do it
If you assign a key also to previous and next you can switch easy...
of course, thats what I wrote:"So, you can toggle to all views with the "A" key to get to a special view, but thats not handy..."If you like it to toggle through several views to get to the OH and then toggle back, this is your way.....

Guenter Steiner

Thats how I described it.... FSUIPC is just an other way to do itof course, thats what I wrote:"So, you can toggle to all views with the "A" key to get to a special view, but thats not handy..."If you like it to toggle through several views to get to the OH and then toggle back, this is your way.....
Yep I notice that you described it but for most users it's easier via the menu, you be surprised how manyviews you can define, and also make a lot more convenient ones ;-) (or make your own with zoom level/direction/up/down /effects/etc...)What I do is mapping to my hardware switches (fast and easy) so no need for an A key just switch directly to the view lolActually I don't use a keyboard besides loading stuff...Every view can also used directly with your mouse button (right click)No need to toggle through different views lol

André

I do it even quicker than that, I have at least 6 free buttons on my X52 pro joystick that I can assign to different VC view positions and angles, I've not built all the custom views yet but I will get round to it eventually.

Cheers, Andy.

I do it even quicker than that, I have at least 6 free buttons on my X52 pro joystick that I can assign to different VC view positions and angles, I've not built all the custom views yet but I will get round to it eventually.
Lol same here ;-)

André

Lol same here ;-)
How shall I get OH panel, with out going series views with "A" button? I need a simple guidance to reach "OH' panel. I am not a PC expert,ThanksSanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

How shall I get OH panel, with out going series views with "A" button? I need a simple guidance to reach "OH' panel. I am not a PC expert,ThanksSanal
What hardware do you have?

André

@ asanal

1) Go to folder MicrosoftFS/Simobjects/Airplanes/PMDG_JS41002) Backup the aircraft.cfg at a save place!!!3) Open aircraft.cfg with editor or notepad or sth like this4) scroll down to [CameraDefinition.011]This is the Overhead panel as you can see it in the title5) At the end of this section add "HotKeySelect=n", where "n" is a integer between 4 and 96) go to options menu in FS and go to "controls" (maybe this sounds other in english...sorry, I just have the german version)Go to views and assign a key or button of your choice to "Select Camera n", where "n" matches the "n" above
sorry, I don't know how to describe it easier....

Guenter Steiner

@ asanalsorry, I don't know how to describe it easier....
Guenter,Thank you. Some of reason, I made the change, but it didn't work. I repeated again now it is working. It is an excellent tool.Best regardsSanal
What hardware do you have?
Andre,Thanks for you reply. I managed to change Aircraft.Conf. File. It is working.Best regardsSanal

Ahmet Sanal

Thank you. Some of reason, I made the change, but it didn't work.
Sorry, I forgot to explain that you have of course to reload the airplane that the aircraft.cfg changes will have an effect...Every changing in every config needs a reload of the plane or better a restart of FSX!

Guenter Steiner

Also look at this thread....modified cfg

Guenter Steiner

Also look at this thread....modified cfg
Guenter,I have a problem.It was working before, I have to reinstall FSX and reinstall JS-41. I followed your instruction and added on HotKey=n at "Camera Definition.013" for OH ( please see below) and CA Pedestal Camera Definition 015 I added on "HotKeySelect=m. Saved changes in Aircraft Config fileI added on FSX>Control>View Camera 5 ,Key "N" and View Camera 6 Key"M"I restarted my PC and FSX. I opened JS41. I clicked key N and M nothing happened. I tried the different cameras including 9. It didn't worked.What am I doing wrong?ThanksSanal"[CameraDefinition.013]Title = "Overhead Panel"Guid = {B7032D83-7C77-41a1-96D0-C1D907B36D1E}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = NoneSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.75SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0.425, -0.58, -0.5InitialPbh=-59.0, 0, 0HotKey Select=n

Ahmet Sanal

It should be;HotKeySelect=1 or 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0i.e. there are only 10 possible camera views selectable via key/joy button shortcuts. Letters have nothing to do with it, 'n' is a symbol for add a number here.

Cheers, Andy.