What's new in the Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
AVSIM Team Speak System
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- TropicalSim Airports 40% off
- LatinVFR Sale 25% off
- Just Flight Bank Holiday bargain - 60% OFF L-1011 TriStar Professional
- Flightstore.co.uk are having a 25% off Sale this Bank Holiday Weekend
- Real Environment Xtreme™ Sale 30% off
- Lionheart Learjet LJ24B 50% off
- Aerosoft Mega Dusseldorf 25% off
- MegaSceneryEarth 20% OFF at SimPlanet
- PILOT'S - FS Global 2010 FTX - 30% off
- A2A Simulations - VE-Day sale. 25% off
- Brand new Corsair water cooler for sale
- Iris Dynamics Control Loading yoke - potential UK sale
- Emuteq gns 530 for sale on ebay
- throttle quadrant for sale
- i7-3700k, Gigabyte Z77X-UP7, Corsair Platinums 2133MHZ
- Goflight GF-166 & GF-46 panels - Ebay - UK
- Precision Flight Controls PFC Yoke, Rudders, Throttles + GoFlight Panels
- Boeing 737 787 Engraved Aluminium Alloy YOKE CHECKLIST for Saitek Yoke
- GTX 970 SC and Dell U3011 2560x1600 monitor...
- Unopened Orbx North America Airports DVDs $5 each!
. . .
Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:52 AM
Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:46 AM
That's for sure!That's where 6 Gb of really fast memory comes in. My Total Commit Charge reached 3.9 Gb the other day with 8.0, that's 1Gb more than without it!-jk
Higher values reallly cane the system and result in long load times.IAN
Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:06 PM
Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:29 AM
Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:11 AM
What I would like to see is the plane NOT being in the very center of the circle, but a bit more to the back. Usually you look forward or to the sides: I hardly look (completely) to the back. (But I always fly in the VC and never outside of the plane.) This would mean you can see more crispy textures in front of you without any loss in fps or loading times.
LOD = Level Of Detail. Put your aircraft in the very center of a large imaginary cylinder. The radius is measured from your aircraft to the edge of the cylinder. Any scenery within this radius gets full graphical detail. Anything outside, well, doesn't. What I think would be cool would be a dynamically variable LOD radius. Instead of a cylinder, say a cone or a sphere. That way, the radius would change in relation to altitude. You generally don't need a huge radius on the ground or at high altitude. Those would be great places to save on frame rates. It's an idea that had been thrown around for a possible FS-Next, but I don't know if it's possible for FSX.