What's new in the Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
AVSIM Team Speak System
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- LatinVFR Sale 25% off
- Flightstore.co.uk are having a 25% off Sale this Bank Holiday Weekend
- TropicalSim Airports 40% off
- Real Environment Xtreme™ Sale 30% off
- Lionheart Learjet LJ24B 50% off
- Just Flight Bank Holiday bargain - 60% OFF L-1011 TriStar Professional
- Aerosoft Mega Dusseldorf 25% off
- MegaSceneryEarth 20% OFF at SimPlanet
- PILOT'S - FS Global 2010 FTX - 30% off
- A2A Simulations - VE-Day sale. 25% off
- Iris Dynamics Control Loading yoke - potential UK sale
- Emuteq gns 530 for sale on ebay
- throttle quadrant for sale
- i7-3700k, Gigabyte Z77X-UP7, Corsair Platinums 2133MHZ
- Brand new Corsair water cooler for sale
- Goflight GF-166 & GF-46 panels - Ebay - UK
- Precision Flight Controls PFC Yoke, Rudders, Throttles + GoFlight Panels
- Boeing 737 787 Engraved Aluminium Alloy YOKE CHECKLIST for Saitek Yoke
- GTX 970 SC and Dell U3011 2560x1600 monitor...
- Unopened Orbx North America Airports DVDs $5 each!
. . .
FSX Joystick controls
Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:50 PM
Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:09 PM
HelloA registered version of Fsuipc 4 is what you need.It will do this and a lot more.
I am looking for a way to save the joytstick controls sensitivity settings i use in fsx, so that i can load settings that are seperate for heavies and light planes.I suspect i could just save the fsx standard.xml file and name it heavy or light plane, but this is not a neat solution cause standard.xml contains a lot more info than just joystick sensitivity, so chamges i make in one file will need updating to others. I have fsuipc, but i prefer to manage control settings using FSX if possible.For example i usually make the joystick very sensitive for heavies and reduce the joystick sensitivity for lighter planes, but changing this when you change the plane means you back to square one trying to get the sensitivity setting just right.Its a shame microsoft did not put a 1-100 settings on the sensitivity for airleron/rudder/elevator, cause then i could just remember the numbers i use for each type of plane.Does anybody know if there is a particular section of standard.xml that deals with sensitivity settings, then i could just cut and paste as required for heavy or small plane.
Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:01 PM
[CONTROLS]Controls_Default=HeavyControls_Current=Heavylikewise for lightfsx.cfgThen go into your \Controls folder, copy standard.xml to heavy.xml and light.xml and edit each to suit (these are the "Controls_Current". Then copy each of these two new files into your main fsx folder (these are the "Controls_Default").You need to edit
<Filename>Heavy.XML</Filename>at the top of the file, and then any specific axis.Note that if FSX crashes for any reason, and you let it restart it will use fsx.cfg instead of your custom ones. You need to always start from the shortcut.Or use fsuipc, but for whatever reason you already said you don't want to do that.scott s..
Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:04 PM