What's new in the Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
AVSIM Team Speak System
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Concorde+Orbx Sale at Aerosoft
- FSX Add-on for Apple Watch
- FSX Virtavia 50% off at Simmarket
- Simmarket sale on KSNA
- Dreamfoil Bell 407 19.95 (43% off) at x-plane store
- Great Deal on Orbx addons at the flightsimstore.com!
- Flysimware 50% Off
- SimSkunkWorks 50% Off Sale
- MyTraffic 6 FSX+FSXSE+P3D - 40% off at simMarket
- System including all hardware and simpit for sale!
- ForSale: Unopened Orbx North America Airports DVDs $5 each!
- GoFlight GF-ATC Air Traffic Communication Module $120
- Goflight GF-RP48 Rotary/Pushbutton module $100
- For Sale: i7-3700k, Gigabyte Z77X-UP7, Corsair Platinums 2133MHZ
- WANTED: TrackIR w/TrackClip Pro
- TrackIR 5 - Track Clip for Hat
- For Sale: i7-2600k, ROG Z68 mATX
- GTX 970 SC and Dell U3011 2560x1600 monitor...
- For Sale: GTX 970 Superclocked
. . .
FSX Joystick controls
Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:50 PM
Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:09 PM
HelloA registered version of Fsuipc 4 is what you need.It will do this and a lot more.
I am looking for a way to save the joytstick controls sensitivity settings i use in fsx, so that i can load settings that are seperate for heavies and light planes.I suspect i could just save the fsx standard.xml file and name it heavy or light plane, but this is not a neat solution cause standard.xml contains a lot more info than just joystick sensitivity, so chamges i make in one file will need updating to others. I have fsuipc, but i prefer to manage control settings using FSX if possible.For example i usually make the joystick very sensitive for heavies and reduce the joystick sensitivity for lighter planes, but changing this when you change the plane means you back to square one trying to get the sensitivity setting just right.Its a shame microsoft did not put a 1-100 settings on the sensitivity for airleron/rudder/elevator, cause then i could just remember the numbers i use for each type of plane.Does anybody know if there is a particular section of standard.xml that deals with sensitivity settings, then i could just cut and paste as required for heavy or small plane.
Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:01 PM
[CONTROLS]Controls_Default=HeavyControls_Current=Heavylikewise for lightfsx.cfgThen go into your \Controls folder, copy standard.xml to heavy.xml and light.xml and edit each to suit (these are the "Controls_Current". Then copy each of these two new files into your main fsx folder (these are the "Controls_Default").You need to edit
<Filename>Heavy.XML</Filename>at the top of the file, and then any specific axis.Note that if FSX crashes for any reason, and you let it restart it will use fsx.cfg instead of your custom ones. You need to always start from the shortcut.Or use fsuipc, but for whatever reason you already said you don't want to do that.scott s..
Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:04 PM