Sign in to follow this  
Guest WarpAir

FSX Joystick controls

Guest WarpAir

I am looking for a way to save the joytstick controls sensitivity settings i use in fsx, so that i can load settings that are seperate for heavies and light planes.I suspect i could just save the fsx standard.xml file and name it heavy or light plane, but this is not a neat solution cause standard.xml contains a lot more info than just joystick sensitivity, so chamges i make in one file will need updating to others. I have fsuipc, but i prefer to manage control settings using FSX if possible.For example i usually make the joystick very sensitive for heavies and reduce the joystick sensitivity for lighter planes, but changing this when you change the plane means you back to square one trying to get the sensitivity setting just right.Its a shame microsoft did not put a 1-100 settings on the sensitivity for airleron/rudder/elevator, cause then i could just remember the numbers i use for each type of plane.Does anybody know if there is a particular section of standard.xml that deals with sensitivity settings, then i could just cut and paste as required for heavy or small plane.

I am looking for a way to save the joytstick controls sensitivity settings i use in fsx, so that i can load settings that are seperate for heavies and light planes.I suspect i could just save the fsx standard.xml file and name it heavy or light plane, but this is not a neat solution cause standard.xml contains a lot more info than just joystick sensitivity, so chamges i make in one file will need updating to others. I have fsuipc, but i prefer to manage control settings using FSX if possible.For example i usually make the joystick very sensitive for heavies and reduce the joystick sensitivity for lighter planes, but changing this when you change the plane means you back to square one trying to get the sensitivity setting just right.Its a shame microsoft did not put a 1-100 settings on the sensitivity for airleron/rudder/elevator, cause then i could just remember the numbers i use for each type of plane.Does anybody know if there is a particular section of standard.xml that deals with sensitivity settings, then i could just cut and paste as required for heavy or small plane.
HelloA registered version of Fsuipc 4 is what you need.It will do this and a lot more.

I think this should work:It is possible to start fsx using the command line switch /CFG:pathname to an fsx.cfg. You can add this to a shortcut for fsx. Then, you can create two different fsx.cfg, say heavyfsx.cfg and lightfsx.cfg, and create two shortcuts with the /CFG: set appropriately.Then copy your fsx.cfg into the new .cfg files and edit such as:

[CONTROLS]Controls_Default=HeavyControls_Current=Heavy

likewise for lightfsx.cfgThen go into your \Controls folder, copy standard.xml to heavy.xml and light.xml and edit each to suit (these are the "Controls_Current". Then copy each of these two new files into your main fsx folder (these are the "Controls_Default").You need to edit

<Filename>Heavy.XML</Filename>

at the top of the file, and then any specific axis.Note that if FSX crashes for any reason, and you let it restart it will use fsx.cfg instead of your custom ones. You need to always start from the shortcut.Or use fsuipc, but for whatever reason you already said you don't want to do that.scott s..

Guest WarpAir

Thanks for the info guys, I think the fsuipc option will be prefferd cause i am not good with command line dos type stuff at all.Just so i dont have to go read the whole fsuipc manual, mad-dog, can you give me pointer as to where to look in fsuipc manual, and how exactly can fsuipc solve this problem.for example does this mean i have to use fsuipc for all my controls instead of the FSx settings. Thanks in advance