Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fang333333

0 access 0 hits-please please help!

Guest Fang333333

I want to get TP to work desperately but no matter what I do I cannot get it to work. Tp seems to load fine but I have 0 hits 0 access. FSX has scattered non-phototextures of land and water.2009-10-16_21-41-36-500wtf.jpgTileProxy is installed in my FSX folder (G:\FSX\Tileproxy) and the cache and Tileproxy World are located in G:\FSX\TileProxy Photoreal Scenery & Cache. Tile proxy seems to be downloading from yahoo and I see images in the folders however FSX does not display anything. Preloading works fine, however 0 hits 0 access 0 misses etc. Please help I want this to work and I have spent at least 25 hours in the last 5 days trying to fix this.Nail%20Biting.gif My current proxy ini. is[TileProxy]# Enable or disable worldwide photographic scenery coverage (Yes/True/On to enable)master_enable=On# Write a logfile to disk. In recommend to only turn this on for debugging purposes.# When using FSX RTM or FS 2004, the logfile will grow VERY fast and affect performance.#logfile="C:\logfile.txt"# If you have concerns about possible copyright violations by caching JPEG and BMP tiles# on your hard drive, this switch is the solution. By enabling diskless mode, Tileproxy# will not store a single tile on your hard drive. Expect higher network usage though.# Note that offline mode will depend on tiles being available in the cache.diskless_mode=Off# Offline Mode - No network access will occur (Yes/True/On to enable)offline_mode=No# Resolution limiter: 17 = 30cm/pixel, 16 = 60cm/pixel, 15 = 1.1m/pixel, 14 = 2.3m/pixel, 13 = 4.75m/pixel# Lower resolutions load faster, but are visually less appealing. The 30cm resolution may only be feasible# if you have at least 2GB of system memory.max_lod=15# The following two settings allow you to tune Tileproxy to not preload specific LOD levels. This can# be used in conjunction with third party scenery products like "FS Altitude" that provides data only# up to a specific resolution. If you place this scenery higher than Tileproxy's world folders in the# scenery library then it will have precedence over Tileproxy for the specific LOD levels that it# contains. You can then instruct Tileproxy to not preload these low resolution LOD circles because# they are not needed anyway.# Lowest LOD ring to automatically preload tiles for. Must not be lower than 8.preload_min_lod=11# Lowest LOD ring to automatically preload tiles for. Must not be higher than 17.preload_max_lod=10# The maximum number of tile contexts that Tileproxy will send to the filter driver. A context# is essentially a very fast buffer for graphics data sitting in kernel memory that delivers# data right into FSX. Each tile context can hold an entire LOD 8...15 tile. Higher values# mean more use of your precious kernel memory though. The maximum number is 512. Lower if# you run out of RAM during flight and the PC starts to use the paging file a lot.max_contexts=512# Generate Water Mask. This brings back shader-rendered water and allows# for the use of planes with floats (Goose, Beaver, etc...). If you turn this# option off, you get the Tileproxy behavior of Beta 5 and earlier versions.water_mask=On# Recommendation: FSX users: Use water_blending=on, water_smoothing=off# to get soft land/water transitions## FS9 users: Use water_blending=off, water_smoothing=on# to get hard land/water transitions which# Tileproxy tries to match pixel-exact against coast-lines## Combining water_smoothing and water_blending is discouraged.# It's slow and gives weird results.# Use blending techniques to create a soft land/water transition with some# transparency effect near the shoreline. Compatible with FSX only.water_blending=On# The distance in meters that you want land/water blending to extend from the# shore line. Larger values require more processing. Large values are now possible,# useful values are up to 2000 meters. Very high values may be detrimental to water# mask resolution. Loading speed however remains mostly unaffected by this setting.blend_distance=500.0# The rate at which terrain is blended into the water color. 1.0 means a linear# blending, values > 1.0 blend faster. Values < 1.0 blend slower. This works# similarly to a Gamma Curve. An exponent of 2 gives a quadratic blend function,# an exponent of 0.5 results in a square root behavior.blend_exponent=1.0# The minimal and maximal transparency of the water. The lower you choose the min value,# the more reflective the deep water will be. The higher the max value is chosen, the less# reflective the water will be directly at the shore line. The reflectiveness transitions# linearly from max to min throughout the distance given by blend_distance from the shore.# Allowed values are between 0 and 1, and alpha_min should be smaller than alpha_max or# things may look weird.# The following alpha_min values will not give you any dithering artifacts on all-water tiles,# so the use of these is recommended. It is multiples of 16/239 (rounded up slighty)# 0.0700, 0.1339, 0.2009, 0.2678, 0.3348, 0.4017, 0.4687# 0.5356, 0.6026, 0.6695, 0.7365, 0.8034, 0.8703, 0.9373alpha_min=0.2678alpha_max=0.7# The water color in hexadecimal RGB notation. Prefix with #. This should be blue# or greenish blue or some shades of brown, depending on your preference.# Values of #000000 are discouraged when using water blending - it will result# in weird behavior at the shorelines.water_rgb=#000D1A# Try to smooth land/water boundaries by trying to match the water mask to the image content.# This is a a somewhat experimental algorithm.water_smoothing=Off# The decision threshold for water/land when water_smoothing is enabled. 0 means everything# will be turned to land, 1 means everything turns to water. Chose some value inbetween.water_threshold=0.33# Maximum number of bytes allocated to BMP graphics tiles in RAM at any time (0 for unlimited)# The value below states 100 MB.cache_bytes_limit=200000000# Maximum number of BMP tiles to cache in RAM at any time (0 for no limit).cache_tiles_limit=200000# The currently active service is configured here. Only ONE active source please.# The other source statements should be commented out.#source=Acme Globe Service#source=Service Example 1source=Service Example 3#source=Service Example 4# The sources you want to be able to switch from the GUI menu.# Separate the list entries with | and enclose in quotes. Make sure the# names specified here are valid services which are defined below.# You may want to rename the services according to your preference,# but make sure you replace all occurences of the strings.menu_sources="Service Example 1|Service Example 2|Service Example 3|Service Example 4"# Experimental API Hooking section. Disable if you see strange crashes and effects.# Currently we only have the DirectX 9 hook. More hooks are planned.enable_hooking=No# The DirectX 9 hook enables the moving map overlay. More features are planned.enable_dx9hook=No# A flag whether to show the moving map overlay initially or not.enable_movingmap=No# Dimensions and overlay colors of the moving map. Positions are percentages of the screen.# Width and Height refer to the full 512x512 pixel texture used for the map. To get a round# map circle, the ratio of width and height should match your screen's aspect ratio (e.g. 4:3)# Radius is given in the map texture's pixels where one pixel represents a LOD 15 tile. A# radius of 0 disables the round stencil and shows the entire 512x512 texture. Color is given# in a hexadecimal ARGB notation. movingmap_alpha=255movingmap_color=#ff000000movingmap_xpos=88movingmap_ypos=15movingmap_width=60movingmap_height=80movingmap_radius=60## Here begin the service specific configurations## This is new when you specify captcha_module## On encountering HTTP 302 redirects the captcha module will send Internet Explorer's cookies# stored for the specified service domain to the web server. It will also display whatever web# page the service redirects you to. This could be a page requiring you to enter a so-called# captcha. After entering the captcha correctly, the resulting session cookie will be stored as# a permanent cookie (expiration 1 day) in your IE Cookies folder and sent to the service on# subsequent requests. You will then be able to use the service as long as you wish, given that# you correctly enter the captcha dialog which may nag you once every 20 minutes or so.# # Explaining the captcha_config arguments:## cookiedomain from captcha_config specifies the domain name for which cookies are stored.# This might be the service name plus a top level domain like ".com"## cookieurl specifies a HTTP url from which an identifying cookie will be retrieved first, if# no existing identifying cookie is found. This may be required sometimes to make the captcha# dialog appear in the first place. This could be the service's front page URL (e.g. a search# engine)[Acme Globe Service]cache_folder=G:\FSX\TileProxy Photoreal Scenery & Cache\cache.acmenetwork_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://server*.acmeglobe.com|path=/terraintile?pos=%s&v=%v|quad=ABCD|balance=0123|agent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; The TileProxy Project)"captcha_module=captchaformcaptcha_config="cookiedomain=acmeglobe.com|cookieurl=http://www.acmeglobe.com"min_level=9max_level=17map_version=1color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=25[service Example 1]cache_folder=G:\FSX\TileProxy Photoreal Scenery & Cache\cache.service1network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=25|rate=1.0|verbose=0|server=http://a*.ortho.tiles.virtualearth.net|path=/tiles/a%s.jpeg?g=%v|quad=0123|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=9max_level=19map_version=234#level_mapping=9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19#level_mapping=9,10,11,12,14,14,15,16,17,18,19level_mapping=9,10,11,12,14,14,14,15,16,17,18color_hack=Nocolor_level=13bulk_extend=70[service Example 3]cache_folder=G:\FSX\TileProxy Photoreal Scenery & Cache\cache.service3network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://us.maps3.yimg.com|path=/aerial.maps.yimg.com/img?x=%x&y=%y&z=%z&v=%v&t=a|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=5max_level=17map_version=1.8level_mapping=5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,15,15,15,16,17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=50[service Example 4]cache_folder=G:\FSX\TileProxy Photoreal Scenery & Cache\cache.service4network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://mapcache*.ask.com|path=/sat/%Z/%X/%Y?partner=|balance=1234|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=5max_level=19map_version=1color_hack=Yescolor_level=12bulk_extend=50Thank you

I want to get TP to work desperately but no matter what I do I cannot get it to work. Tp seems to load fine but I have 0 hits 0 access. FSX has scattered non-phototextures of land and water.TileProxy is installed in my FSX folder (G:\FSX\Tileproxy) and the cache and Tileproxy World are located in G:\FSX\TileProxy Photoreal Scenery & Cache. Thank you
First and most obvious... if I read your locations correctly, you have changed the NAME of the scenery folder which is a NO-NO!or do you have another "TileProxy Photoreal World" folder with all the regional subfolders in it? If Tileproxy doesn't have the correct folder name it cannot build scenery tiles and store them.If this is all it is, you'll be back up in no time at all...Other questions as I read thru your .ini....what airport/location are you flying?what level of imagery is available at that location?your console window with the ovals should show total of 8 ovals..this corresponds to your max_lod=15 entry.Do any of them fill with "*"; this would indicated scenery tiles being made.You have preload disabled; have you tried it with it enabled?preload_min_lod=8preload_max_lod=15cache_bytes_limit=200,000,000 might be a little low but I've run it lower and things still work.cache_tiles_limit=200000 should be ok but try "0" for unlimited. \I've run it that way for the last 16 months.[detail section service 3]min_level=5max_level=17map_version=1.8 <------------ currently 1.9level_mapping=5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,15,15,15,16,17Why not try a "normal" load before complex mapping..Do you even know if the map server has the image resolutions you are asking for.If an "unmapped" load shows the presence of all image levels then you know you can play with mapping.min_level=10max_level=17map_version=1.8 <------------ currently 1.9level_mapping=10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17orlevel_mapping=5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14TileProxy maps 10 levels in the 10 ovals; which 10 of the 15 you are currently asking for do you really want?Service 1 mapping level is up to 346Hope this helps,Loyd

Guest Fang333333

Thank You Loyd for your super quick response! unfortanatly I still have a no go on tileproxy, I should have mentioned the above ini file was changed several times before getting the way it was. Originally tileproxy and the ini was installed all by its defualt. over time the location and ini were changed in attempts to get tp to work. Here are the answers to your questions (in order) after my most recent failed attempt :( .1st off "G:\FSX\TileProxy Photoreal Scenery & Cache" has "TileProxy Photoreal World" with the regional subfolders in it, and tileprox is programed properly to read it. the folder itself was not renamed just placed together with cache, this was done after several previous recomondations on prior post. this should not be the issue.2nd-the airport I am mainly testing with is in Hartford Conneticut (the only one)-yahoo should have ample coverage and other airports have also been tested with same results.3rd -7 out of 8 ovals preload, pretty sure this is not the issue as scenery folders contain downloaded scenery and Preload seems to work fine.4th-Preload has been tested on and off- most recently with it on and it works, it is definatly "thinking".5th-As per your request, "cache_bytes_limit" and "cache_tiles_limit" have been set to zero (unlimited) with no results.6th-map version under service 3 has been updated to 1.9. No dice7th-level mapping has been disabled, enabled and tweaked with no avail. (I dont even understand what it does anyway...)8th-I confess, I don't even understand what the the "ovals" really are in the first place, but I believe they are working (as stated above)9- I am a mere human and perhaps do not have what it takes to appease the Tileproxy gods... :( 10-Sorry for number "9" :( Please help me I'm willing to work at this and it seems I'm not the first to have this same problem...Thank youFang

1st off "G:\FSX\TileProxy Photoreal Scenery & Cache" has "TileProxy Photoreal World" with the regional subfolders in it, and tileprox is programed properly to read it. the folder itself was not renamed just placed together with cache, this was done after several previous recomondations on prior post. this should not be the issue.
Ok Fang,Sounds like everything that you're seeing suggests that TileProxy is actually working.If the ovals fill, then Tile Proxy is making scenery tiles.Hopefully, you are starting Tileproxy first. It will download tiles and make scenery that will not show in FSX if started second. Your original screenshot indicates that FSX is trying to display something other than default scenery so I'm assuming that TP is up and running before starting FSX.I'm just 'nervous' that the photoreal world folders are not being accessed by either TP or FSX.Here's a few checks:A. If there are sub-folders with .jpg's in them in your cache.service3 then you have downloaded imagery.B. If you have .FLAT and .bgl files in your "G:\FSX\TileProxy Photoreal Scenery & Cache\TileProxy Photoreal World\0302\TEXTURE" folder then the created scenery files are being saved and TileProxy does indeed know where to find the target folder.C. Check your Scenery.cfg to make sure that FSX can find the scenery tiles.my entry for Tileproxy scenery folder 0302 (the one that holds most of eastern US) looks like this...[Area.155]Title=WORLD_0302Local=D:\\TileProxy Photoreal World\0302Layer=191Active=TRUERequired=FALSEMake sure that YOUR path for 302 is the same as what you described: Local=G:\\FSX\TileProxy Photoreal Scenery & Cache\TileProxy Photoreal World\0302You should also see these scenery folders in the FSX scenery library; are they near the top of the list? They would have been placed at the top at the time of install. I've moved mine down a bit until they're just above the default scenery folders of the same number.If all these things are correct, then we have a mystery on our hands...Hope something turns up soon; good luck!Loyd

Guest Fang333333

Ok Loyd heres the verdict1. I (of course) am running TP first2. Sub-folders in cache.service3 do indeed have Jpgs (side note there is no 302 folder in Cache)3. FLAT and .bgl files do exist in "G:\FSX\TileProxy Photoreal Scenery & Cache\TileProxy Photoreal World\0302\TEXTURE...they look great.4. here is an exact copy from scenery.cfg ...[Area.302]Title=WORLD_0907Local=G:\FSX\TileProxy Photoreal Scenery & Cache\TileProxy Photoreal World\0907Layer=297Active=TRUERequired=FALSE5. I have spent over an hour rearanging the scenery library so that the TP files are above each individual defualt scenery file, near the bottom of the scenery library, like this...WORLD_00020002 Base...and so on(on a side note I notice there was a small few default files that were not replaced by Tp- for example 0006 Base with no WORLD_0006) didn't know if this was normal. :( Nothing, nada, zip, absolutly no progress whatsover. FSX looks exactly the same. :( Some things to consider....I do have UTX although it is disabled....I also have GEX which I am not sure exactly how to properly disable/unistall although if there is a good possiblity (and I mean GOOD) I would be willing to risk my FSX installation to uninstall it... I do have many many many addons which would mean days and days worth of reinstalling just to get FSX back to how it is now, however if TP really would work I may consider getting rid of GEX. Tileproxy means that much to me.I just don't see how GEX would interfere with Tileproxy...Please don't abandon this post. I really want to see this software in action, if it does work, I know many other people locally who will benifit from such an amazing advancement in FSX. I just hope I'm not another person who cannot run Tileproxy :( thank you for your timeFang333333

Have courage!I've been known to give up on some things, but I still believe that there's a reason or explanation for what is going on... patience may yet allow us to find out what it is.

2. Sub-folders in cache.service3 do indeed have Jpgs (side note there is no 302 folder in Cache)
a non-issue: numbered cache subfolders are created as needed to distribute the files among 1000 subfolders; they are not specific to the scenery region you are flying in.
4. here is an exact copy from scenery.cfg ...[Area.302]Title=WORLD_0907Local=G:\FSX\TileProxy Photoreal Scenery & Cache\TileProxy Photoreal World\0907Layer=297Active=TRUERequired=FALSE
Looks ok.I do wonder if the inclusion of the " & " in the folder name is any issue. Obviously TileProxy can see the folder name and save jpg's and store .bmp's inside its subfolders, but if FSX is hampered by that part you'd have to remove and reinstall (just TileProxy) to get it targeted at a folder FSX can see and access.Hey! a test... since an aircraft can be anywhere, put an add-on aircraft (or some add-on scenery) temporarily in that same folder. Assign the scenery using the scenery library functions or 'relocate' the aircraft with an edit to the FSX.cfg and see if either or both can be seen. If so, that removes the uncertainty about the folder name.aircraft...I don't put any add-ons in my simObjects default folderSimObjectPaths.6=AddonAircraftSimObjectPaths.7=G:\FSX\TileProxy Photoreal Scenery & Cache\tempAircraft
(on a side note I notice there was a small few default files that were not replaced by Tp- for example 0006 Base with no WORLD_0006) didn't know if this was normal.
for this area yes, there's nothing here but water. No land, no jpg's needed and no folder needed to save scenery to - there won't be any.
I do have UTX although it is disabled....I also have GEX which I am not sure exactly how to properly disable/unistall although...I just don't see how GEX would interfere with Tileproxy...
I have UTX USA on; I like to see cars on the smaller highways and roads sometimes. The UTX road system is a real good match to the photo roads.If GEX were a real problem I believe someone else would have chimed in with advisories. If no other solution presents itself and no explanation is found, only then would I consider a remove and reinstall of Tileproxy - with these words of caution:The uninstall process only knows about your caches (I think) by reading the proxyuser.ini file or files. If you remove those user .ini files from the TileProxy folder before uninstalling, then it knows from nothing about them. I'm a bit neurotic though, and I'd also rename the cache folders with a simple underscore "_" (as in cache.service3 becomes _cache.service3). I did a removal once with the .ini files left intact, and it did indeed take them ALL away. Never again!I keep my regional caches independently in the root folder so I can defrag and move the rarely used ones to the back of the disk and the most frequently used ones to the front along with the Tileproxy photoreal world folder. Cache names are just that, names. It doesn't matter what they're called or where they are. If the .ini correctly defines the path to them, they will be found and used.I haven't addressed your "0 access 0 hits" yet:Tile accesses the, user guide says, "shows you how many individual tiles FSX or FS9 is currently accessing per second."If is just as simple as it sounds, then the "0" accesses means FSX is not getting access to the scenery tiles that have been made.So is FSX 'dumb' or is TileProxy 'deaf'... there seems to be a breakdown in communication (tongue in cheek) - corrupt driver or something. If it were me, I'd be about at the limit of my patience and ready to pound the keyboard to pieces.I'm all for looking, checking and testing for another day or two but realistically speaking, how long would a remove and reinstall of Tileproxy take? 30 -45 minutes? just remove and save those ini files!!! There may be nothing wrong with them at all.afterthought edit: your ...Photoreal World\302\Scenery folder has 74 bgl's and bgl.on's in it? (37 of each)Loyd

Guest Fang333333

Ok I reinstalled TP and renamed "G:\FSX\TileProxy Photoreal Scenery & Cache\" to "G:\FSX\TileProxy Photoreal Scenery AND Cache\"Of course I've programmed Tile Proxy to recognize the new folder. I then placed an addon scenery 1st in in "G:\FSX\TileProxy Photoreal Scenery and Cache\TileProxy Photoreal World" and then in "G:\FSX\TileProxy Photoreal Scenery and Cache\cache.service3." In each case when I booted fsx, it recognized the addon scenery and displayed it perfectly... :( The folder names do not seem to be a problem for fsx.Also the scenery folder does have 74 bglsAll I have to say is....Why? I just don't get it. How can all these people in the forum get this thing to work fine off the bat and I can't (despite 10 times the amount of energy, time and research) get some kinda result. At this point it just seems Tileproxy will either work or it won't. I've heard this several times accross the net and I am slowly becoming a reluctant believer. I hope you have a few more tricks up your sleeve Loyd (I must admit your knowledge and patience has been overwelming). It's people like you that keep people like me sane :( and I honestly can't thank you enough. I just can't tell you how unbelievably difficult Tileproxy has been for me. I have troubleshooted many different situations and programs but I don't think anything has seemed as helpless as this. It's as if Tileproxy has every reason in the world to be working right now but for no reason it decides not to. Like I said I have seen a couple of other posts with this issue and none seem to have a resolution. My friend and fellow pilot had this issue as well but gave up, unfortanatly I'm too stubborn.If anyone has some Ideas please PLEASE reply to this post. I will try almost anything within reason to get this contraption to work...Fang :(

Well, even though my patience is not exhausted, I am out of ideas for the moment. I simply can't think of anything else to check or test. Hartford is there; I went there the other night to see that area tiles were ok.You are welcome to try my test .ini and see if you get any different results... FSX terrain resolution to 5m, scenery range med, (other settings your option)#============== Hartford test INI yh =============[TileProxy]master_enable=On#logfile="C:\logfile.txt"diskless_mode=Offoffline_mode=Nomax_lod=13preload_min_lod=8preload_max_lod=17max_contexts=512water_mask=Onwater_blending=Onblend_distance=500.0blend_exponent=1.0alpha_min=0.2678alpha_max=0.7#original #water_rgb=#000D1A# tropical green#water_rgb=#6AB08D#attempt North Sea bluegraygreenwater_rgb=#0A101Awater_smoothing=Offwater_threshold=0.33# 400Mcache_bytes_limit=400000000cache_tiles_limit=0############################source=ServiceB############################enable_hooking=Noenable_dx9hook=Noenable_movingmap=Nomovingmap_alpha=255movingmap_color=#ff000000movingmap_xpos=88movingmap_ypos=15movingmap_width=60movingmap_height=80movingmap_radius=60## Here begin the service specific configurations#[serviceB]#----------------------------------- yahoo for Hartford test @ 15cache_folder= ####### (your cache name) ##########network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=6|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://us.maps3.yimg.com|path=/aerial.maps.yimg.com/img?x=%x&y=%y&z=%z&v=%v&t=a|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=10max_level=15#_____________10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17__guidelevel_mapping=10,11,12,13,14,15map_version=1.9color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=50Hope something breaks for you...Loyd

Guest Fang333333

Hey allI do have a new clue that I think is not normal, when I went into scenery Library I noticed that the all the WORLD_xxxx are not clickable or editable (I'm not sure thats a word, but I'm using it). If I were to click edit on World_0000 I would get a brief hour glass then nothing. SOOO I spent an hour deleting all the WORLD_xxxx and LOD 8 folders and manually selecting the folders from G:\FSX\TileProxy Photoreal Scenery and Cache\TileProxy Photoreal World. I really thought I had it however...2009-10-22_21-30-42-187.jpgNothing...I also tried your ini Loyd and you can see the results. P.S I think by this time I owe you a drink buddy, whenever your in Arizona...People, please keep me informed I check this forum at least 3 times daily looking for any new ideas. Yeah I'm that dedicated (or stupid) lol. FangOh, and for the record,FSX SP2, Win XP Pro SP3, Intel QX9650 Extreme, 2 BFG 8800GTX, 2 150 GB Raptors 1 500gb Barricuda, Soundblaster X Fi, 4 GB Mushkin Ram, Kapersky however it is off during FSX.Never posted Specs, maybe it will help.Fang

Hey allI do have a new clue that I think is not normal, when I went into scenery Library I noticed that the all the WORLD_xxxx are not clickable or editable (I'm not sure thats a word, but I'm using it). If I were to click edit on World_0000 I would get a brief hour glass then nothing. SOOO I spent an hour deleting all the WORLD_xxxx and LOD 8 folders and manually selecting the folders from G:\FSX\TileProxy Photoreal Scenery and Cache\TileProxy Photoreal World. I really thought I had it however...2009-10-22_21-30-42-187.jpgNothing...I also tried your ini Loyd and you can see the results. P.S I think by this time I owe you a drink buddy, whenever your in Arizona...People, please keep me informed I check this forum at least 3 times daily looking for any new ideas. Yeah I'm that dedicated (or stupid) lol. FangOh, and for the record,FSX SP2, Win XP Pro SP3, Intel QX9650 Extreme, 2 BFG 8800GTX, 2 150 GB Raptors 1 500gb Barricuda, Soundblaster X Fi, 4 GB Mushkin Ram, Kapersky however it is off during FSX.Never posted Specs, maybe it will help.Fang
Hey,Fang I notice you have 2 8800GTX cards listed......You,re not running SLI,are you????....Lou

Guest Fang333333

Hey Lou!Negative I'm quite aware that FSX does not utilize SLI. that was 400 dollars down the drain...lol I have SLI disabled, it only brings FSX performance downFang

OK, FangI know you said you have jpg's in the cache and bmp's in the Tileproxy world folder 302, but let's check the immediate Hartford airport area.My test flight only went to 5m resolution but you should still have the 5m imagery for the area even if you went on up to the 1.2m resolution.If everything was working on TileProxy's end you should have the two photo tiles in your cache that cover the runway:cachename\358\tile_l15_x9771_y20572.jpg (north end of the runway) andcachename\359\tile_l15_x9772_y20572.jpg (south end of the runway).from these and adjacent images TileProxy will create 2 scenery tiles that become the source tiles that FSX refers to build the view.in TileProxy Photoreal World\302 you should have003110210302000SU.BMP and 003110210302002SU.BMPmine are 86k in size and contain only up to 4.8m imageryif they held 1.2m imagery they would be about 1033k in sizeThese are mipped bmps and need a viewer with the capability to load and display them. The Image Tool from the SDK is one but there are probably many other viewers with the capability.I made a composite view of the FSX view of Hartford, the northern runway end jpg in the lower left corner and the 2 actual scenery tiles on the right hand side.Let's make sure you have these specific airport area source files.If they aren't there, I would suppose the Tileproxy has a problem; if they are there, then the problem would be 'more' an FSX issue.Loyd

I just don't understand how these settings can work at all:

preload_min_lod=11preload_max_lod=10
To me this tells TileProxy to not load any tiles below LOD 11, and not any above LOD 10, which should be no LOD at all.

Guys,I've been following this thread with some interest and also noticed a few things in Loyds ini file that I may experiment with (e.g water colours)I did wonder about the preload max and min though because having read the manual, it does make the point that no tiles will be preloaded with those settings.What i'm not sure about is what difference you get with and without preloading - I guess I could try it to see. I think I use 9 to 17IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Guest Fang333333

Sorry guys!Unfortantly my job and real flight training has kept me away from my computer this last week. I have not lost interest at all, in fact I've been following this thread mobily (Gotta love technology!). I finally got to check Tileproxy World 302 and...cachename\358\tile_l15_x9771_y20572.jpg cachename\359\tile_l15_x9772_y20572.jpg (the Runway) is there. Looks greatI Searched TileProxy Photoreal World\0302\TEXTURE and 003110210302000SU.BMP 003110210302002SU.BMPexist as well...the drawing fails when I click on it. Not sure if this is normal, my computer seems to think they're images, but they are there. :( In response to Morten, I have no idea whetherpreload_min_lod=11 preload_max_lod=10works at all. I do know I have used MANY (at least 5) ini files with several different settings (including no Preload). Tileproxy seems to respond to the settings accordingly (desptite not working...lol) It preloads fine, It just does not "access" or "Hit" any tiles.I hope this answers Ians response too...On a side note, I am very happy to see so many people reading and contributing to this post! :( Although my Tileproxy is not working, it does help to know this problem may help make Tileproxy more reliable in the future. I sure hope this problem is fixable and I cannot even begin to express how grateful I am to all those who have contributed in this issue. Once again I do apologize for my absence, but believe me I am constantly thinking of ways to get this thing workingFang