Sign in to follow this  
c402_cvs

Cold and dark switch

I know it was said they would look into it for SP1. Since it was not included for whatever reason, is it still something you plan to include in the next SP? Will there be another SP?RegardsFRED

I know it was said they would look into it for SP1. Since it was not included for whatever reason, is it still something you plan to include in the next SP? Will there be another SP?RegardsFRED
I was looking forward to this feature, but it wasn't included!

If you pre-load the Cessna 172 with a dead engine then it should be "Cold & Dark" if I understand Cold & Dark correctly. I'm assuming you want it to load so you have to go through the entire procedure?

We're not doing this, sorry. It proved to be more of a hassle than we think it's worth programming wise. Just create a cold and dark saved flight, load it and then switch to the location/time you want...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

We're not doing this, sorry. It proved to be more of a hassle than we think it's worth programming wise. Just create a cold and dark saved flight, load it and then switch to the location/time you want...
Will do. Thanks

We're not doing this, sorry. It proved to be more of a hassle than we think it's worth programming wise.
I'm very sad reading this... :(
Just create a cold and dark saved flight, load it and then switch to the location/time you want...
So, I spent my money for nothing buying JS4100... Because it is not working in the way You describe above. All I can do is load twice tutorial flight. Only then I can start the engines. But for example I can't change livery. Too sad...

So, I spent my money for nothing buying JS4100
So you paid 45.00 dollars just for the cold/dark switch? :(
All I can do is load twice tutorial flight. Only then I can start the engines.
You shouldn't have to do that. Unless that's a bug I am not aware of. But if you follow the correct engine start up procedures, you should be able to start up from any situation.Regards,

The Problem here is, that if you load another livery fromo the tutorial situation FSX loads the aircraft with running engines (at least at my PC)I made a Cold and Dark default flight with the default cessna 172. If I am loading the J41 afterwards the engine is not running, but many switches in the cockpit are on instead of switched off. So I think FSX is buggy here, unfortuneatly

The Problem here is, that if you load another livery fromo the tutorial situation FSX loads the aircraft with running engines (at least at my PC)I made a Cold and Dark default flight with the default cessna 172. If I am loading the J41 afterwards the engine is not running, but many switches in the cockpit are on instead of switched off. So I think FSX is buggy here, unfortuneatly
I have a solution to this problem, though it isn't pretty. Here is what I do to make a new cold/dark flight for a different livery:
  1. Go to \My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\ and make a copy of the file "PMDG BAe JS4100 Tutorial 1 at KHPN.FLT". Rename the copy anything you like (for example "J41 Cold Dark US Airways.FLT")
  2. Open the file you created with Notepad.
  3. Change the "Title=" line at the top of the file to whatever you want to call the flight (for example, "Title=J41 Cold Dark US Airways")
  4. Search for the following line in the file: "Sim=PMDG Jetstream 41 House Livery"
  5. Change the line to the name of the livery you want. For example "Sim=PMDG Jetstream 41 US Airways Express". To make things easy, I have put a full list of the livery names that are on my system below so you can just copy/paste them.
  6. Save the file, and then load up FSX. You should now have a new tutorial flight with the livery you chose. Once the flight is loaded, you can change to whatever airport/time/weather you want and the plane will still be cold and dark with the right livery.

Here is the list of livery names I have (which I think is all of them):PMDG J41 - ASA Delta ConnectionPMDG J41 - Atlantic Coast AirlinesPMDG J41 - Atlantic Coast Airlines N326UEPMDG J41 - British Regional DenmarkPMDG J41 - British Regional LandorPMDG J41 - British Regional RibbonsPMDG J41 - EasyFlyPMDG J41 - HKG Government Flying ServicePMDG J41 - Manx AirlinesPMDG J41 - Trans States Delta ConnectionPMDG J-41: South African AirlinkPMDG Jetstream 41 Air AtlanticPMDG Jetstream 41 BMI British MidlandPMDG Jetstream 41 Brindabella Airlines Express TAHPMDG Jetstream 41 British Airways EnglandPMDG Jetstream 41 Eastern AirlinesPMDG Jetstream 41 Flight TestPMDG Jetstream 41 House LiveryPMDG Jetstream 41 N410TJPMDG Jetstream 41 Origin PacificPMDG Jetstream 41 Qantas LinkPMDG Jetstream 41 Trans World ExpressPMDG Jetstream 41 US Airways ExpressPMDG Jetstream 41 Venezolana

It's been mentioned before, but if you start the default flight (I mean actually start the default flight and then pause it), then load your saved J41 cold and dark file, it will load with most switches in the correct position. The FMS will not be saved, it must be started on each and every flight.Curt

Guest craneduitre

I saved a flight with everything off (Cold and Dark). But when I load it again later, all the battery switches are ON, and it's not in the same CnD state at all.

]So you paid 45.00 dollars just for the cold/dark switch? :(
Of course not only for this... It is great plane and well done but, it is very uncomfortable to loading tutorial flight twice, then changing airport, then changing time zone, then changing weather... It takes a lot of time and upset me.But ONLY then I can startup engine and make my flight plan. And still, can't change livery.
]I have a solution to this problem, though it isn't pretty. Here is what I do to make a new cold/dark flight for a different livery:
Thank you, I will try it...
I saved a flight with everything off (Cold and Dark). But when I load it again later, all the battery switches are ON, and it's not in the same CnD state at all.
I have the same....Piotr Dabrowski

It is great plane and well done but, it is very uncomfortable to loading tutorial flight twice, then changing airport, then changing time zone, then changing weather... It takes a lot of time and upset me.
I'm not sure if it would be helpful, but I could probably write a program that would simply the process a bit. My idea is to write a small program that would convert any saved J41 flight to a cold/dark state. This would mean that that setting up a new cold/dark flight would involve (1) loading FSX and doing a free flight with your chosen livery/airport/time/weather, (2) running my program and selecting the flight you saved, which would convert it to cold/dark, and (3) going back to FSX and reloading the saved flight. I am pretty sure I could make this work, so please let me know if there is any interest.

I'm not sure if it would be helpful, but I could probably write a program that would simply the process a bit. My idea is to write a small program that would convert any saved J41 flight to a cold/dark state. This would mean that that setting up a new cold/dark flight would involve (1) loading FSX and doing a free flight with your chosen livery/airport/time/weather, (2) running my program and selecting the flight you saved, which would convert it to cold/dark, and (3) going back to FSX and reloading the saved flight. I am pretty sure I could make this work, so please let me know if there is any interest.
This post is old, so I assume you have the software made?