Sign in to follow this  
c402_cvs

Cold and dark switch

This post is old, so I assume you have the software made?
Yep, its in this thread: http://forum.avsim.n...lddark-startup/I actually simplified the process a lot from the original version. Here is an overview of easiest way:1) Download version 0.6 my program here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6RR4SY5N2) Extract the zip file anywhere on your hard drive.3) Run the enclosed file J41ColdDark.exe4) Load FSX5) Choose the J41 and select the weather, airport, time of your choice. Start the flight.6) Once in the cockpit, hold down the Tab key and press Q. You should see a loading box appear for a few seconds, then it should load to cold/dark.However, the program can still do the approach of modifying a saved flight if you prefer (see the first few posts in the thread I posted for details). Let me know if you run into any problems!

Wow! i just gave it a try, and it works like a charm! I was having some problems starting up the engines before. I guess it was because the start locks werent on. This solved the problem and now I can actually use the plane! :( Thanks man. I owe you one!

Presumably there's a "qwertyasdfg01" out there somewhere :( :(

Is there anywhere elsed that I can download this .exe from as Megaupload is no longer available.Thanks

Or you can just get FS2Crew and let the FO get everthing set cold and dark for you!

Or you can just get FS2Crew and let the FO get everthing set cold and dark for you!
Oh OK, never heard of it. I'll head over and have a look.Thanks,

I'd like a copy of it as well if someone could PM/email me or show me where I can get it. Thanks.

There is also a way more simple method.Create a new default flight at your favourite airport. Use one of the default cessnas. Make sure you turn everything off, even the magnetos. Then save the flight and make sure you check the 'default flight' checkbox.Then load the J41 and make the cockpit cold & dark. Then save the flight again, but this time not as a default flight and of course under a different name. You don't want to overwrite the default flight you made before.Start procedure is:1) Start FSX2) Load default flight with cessna3) Load flight with J41Done! You can switch to any livery you like and then take it to the airport from which you want to depart, but you will always have a cold & dark cockpit when you start.At least, for me it seems to be working so far.

Marc Baas

I would really like a "cold and Dark" start. Will someone tell me where/how to get it?Wonder why PMDG doesnt ask the developer for permission to provide it on their website (since they don't want to make their own one Rolling%20Eyes.gif )

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

There was a LUA script for this I remember. I think it is here, on AVSIM's library.

LINDA has included a cold and dark cockpit preparation for the JS41.I currently rework the module and will have the updated one up this evening hopefully

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------