Sign in to follow this  
wyert1

Runway lights

Hello to all,hope you can help,I have recently Reinstalled FS9, and slowly installing all my addons,the sim is running very well and with a new Nvidia 9800, my eyes have stopped there habit of stuttering 24hrs a day!! I have just downloaded Real Environment Pro,a superb freeware my thanks to them.I need to adjust my "Display-runway lights-surface-scalar= Etc in my FS9cfg.My problem is there is no such entry in that folder and it has been checked many times,IT IS NOT THERE!!Any ideas you fine Simmers, Eddie,EGMH

Eddie:Try adding the below to your [DISPLAY] area in your fs9 config file:RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.0 //scales edge, center,end,touchdown,runways RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.0 // scales VASI lights)RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.0 // scales approach light bars RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0 //scales RAILs and ODALs)Thanks for your kind words :)Tim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

You need to add the entries as follows:RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=nn.nRUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1n.nnRUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=n.nnRUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=n.nnPlace under the [DISPLAY] section and alter the n.nn figures to whatever you want.DaveOops - Tim beat me to it while I was typing!

Eddie:Try adding the below to your [DISPLAY] area in your fs9 config file:RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.0 //scales edge, center,end,touchdown,runways RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.0 // scales VASI lights)RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.0 // scales approach light bars RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0 //scales RAILs and ODALs)Thanks for your kind words :)Tim
Can someone by chance explain what this is? Is this something specific to REP or should all fs9.cfg files have this?Thanks!

It's a setting that gives the lighting on runways and taxiways a more realistic size.It has nothing to do with REP at all, it's an FS9 entry.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Many thanks to Tim&Dave I will give this a try.I am confused, if this is a standard FS9 lighting setting why is it missing in the FS9CFG??or is it just my FS9CFG?Thanks again for your help,Eddie

These settings revert to 1.00 as default I believe.There are I think some other settings not in the file that revert to default settings if not specifically set. Probably a list of them somewhere - try google.Dave

Not absolutely sure, but I think the max is 1.00.Just try different settings, like 0.5, 0.25 - maybe more than 1.00 will work as well - and look at the result. in FS. Tim's description is fuller than mine here.Dave

The value of 1.0 is simply equal to 100%...This is true for all "scalar values" in the sim. They simply "scale" whatever it is they reference! ;)If it is a light effect, then a value of 1.25 would make them 25% larger, and a value of 0.75 would make them 25% smaller.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The value of 1.0 is simply equal to 100%...This is true for all "scalar values" in the sim. They simply "scale" whatever it is they reference! ;)If it is a light effect, then a value of 1.25 would make them 25% larger, and a value of 0.75 would make them 25% smaller.
I have all my settings at 0.4. Start from there and increase or decrease to please yourself :-)

I looked in my fs9.cfg file and these entries are not there. What does that mean?Does that mean I should put them there and that I'm missing seeing something?