•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

FSX and DirectX 11

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 greeneg

greeneg

• Members
  • 860 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 6 Months and 10 Days Ago.

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:08 PM

Finally got Win7 installed, re-installed FSX today. FSX will not start because of DirectX 11. Can someone please point me to a work around or a solution?Thanks in advance.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 greggerm

greggerm

Member - 2,000+

• Members
  • 2,405 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 6 Months and 11 Days Ago.

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:43 AM

What is the error you are seeing exactly?FSX is a DX9 program (by default), and should not be affected whatsoever by the fact that W7 has DX11 support. For the vast majority of users, FSX & W7 "just worked" right out of the box. Do provide more details on the error, your system specs, and any other pertinent information and perhaps we can lend more of a hand!-Greg

#3 greeneg

greeneg

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 860 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:30 PM

The error reads:" Microsoft Flight Simulator cannot run because the version of DirectX ® installed on your computer is incompatible. Please re-install DirectX9.0 by running Flight Simulator Set-up or download the current version from www.microsoft.com/directX."System: MSI 7350 w/ Intel Quad 4 6600@2.4 g. nVidia 9600 512 RAM. Windows 7 Professional 32 ( couldn't install 64) Lots of storage. I guess my question is what happens if I try to install another version of DirectX as opposed to the version that came with Windows 7 ( DirectX 11)? Or, if anyone else has run into this error and how to deal with it.Thanks.

#4 Sharrow

Sharrow

• Commercial Member
  • 518 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 6 Months and 23 Days Ago.

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:42 PM

Just go ahead and do as it suggests and download the latest version of DirectX from Microsoft. There are no seperate DirectX installers - DX9, 10 and now 11 are all in the one installer.
Konrad

#5 greeneg

greeneg

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 860 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:12 PM

Thank you, I actually did do that, and it did solve the problem. What apparently happens is that Windows 7 will switch to whatever version is required by a particular program and then switch back to DirectX11. The error message and failure to load threw me as I had seen nothing to this effect.Ed Green

#6 Sharrow

Sharrow

• Commercial Member
  • 518 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 6 Months and 23 Days Ago.

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:49 PM

Good to see that you got it sorted! Won't be the last curveball W7 throws us no doubt...
Konrad

#7 Ijaz

Ijaz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 2 Months and 8 Days Ago.

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:08 AM

For me also the same problem. My fsx does not work . Microsoft Flight Simulator cannot run because the version of DirectX ® installed on your computer is incompatible. Please re-install DirectX9.0 by running Flight Simulator Set-up or download the current version from www.microsoft.com/directX.I dont know which directx to download. I downloaded directx 9 but still its not working on my xp computer.

#8 idahosurge

idahosurge

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 9 Months and 1 Day

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:24 AM

Try this DirectX 9 linkhttp://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35I got it from this link. You might want to read throught the whole Win7 tweaking thread.http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic34141_post198187.html#198187

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!