Sign in to follow this  
Mat

ASA + WX Radar Wilco ERJ 135/145v2 -->persistent test mode!

Hey Simmers!I was searching all over the forum but I couldn't find the solution to my problem. I bought the new Wilco ERJ stuff yesterday. They have a built-in weather radar that worked fine for me during the tutorial flights when I deactivated ASA. But today I was flying again and used ASA for updating all the weather and my weather radar screen was in test-mode all the time. I couldn't get it to show me the actual weather.I really need some help here to solve that problem!Thank you very much in advance

The test pattern should stay on for about 30 seconds. If it doesn't go away, try adjusting the tilt and range a bit, that clears it on my system. Works for me with ASA.Tom

Thank you, Tom. I don't remember if it was your post that I read in the Forum. But I allready read about adjusting the tilt and range and tried that a dozen of times. The effect was that when I adjusted the tilt I couldn't change the situation a bit, but when I changed the range the test picture adjusted to the range sometimes. But nevertheless it was still the test-screen and I got no real weather information out of it. Have you ever contacted support or something like that? Or is anyone else experiencing those problems?ThanksMat

Just in case the problem has to do with sequencing, this is the procedure I normally follow:* Turn the radar to SBY when cleared for takeoff* After takeoff turn the radar to WX. The test pattern will display.* After a minut or so, adjust tilt and range.Tom

Ok I try this sequencing. I will keep you updated if I was successful. So it works for you fine now, Tom? WX radar is doing what it's supposed to?In the meantime I was checkin if the problem is really relating to Active Sky. And IT IS! I tried it without Active Sky and it works fine. But as soon as ASA is activated the weather radar is not working.That's why I tried to start a flight without activating ASA and as soon as I'm cleared for takeoff I load ASA and upate the weather AFTER I activated the WX radar.The effect is that again everything works fine until the moment I activate ASA. Then the wx radar seems to just show the picture of FS weather instead of the ASA depicted weather.Is there somebody in this forum who uses ASA or any other version of Active Sky plus the ERJ / Citation/ etc. wx radar without any problems?Maybe there is a special setting in my ASA options menu that causes the problem...?

Ok I try this sequencing. I will keep you updated if I was successful. So it works for you fine now, Tom? WX radar is doing what it's supposed to?
Yes, it does - with ASA running from the beginning.Tom

Ok - I tried the sequencing as you described it. But it's still the same problem. Are you using FSUIPC - the REGISTERED version? And if your answer is yes - are you using the up-to-date version?Is anyone els experiencing the problem or has the same problem with an other aircraft?

Ok - I tried the sequencing as you described it. But it's still the same problem. Are you using FSUIPC - the REGISTERED version? And if your answer is yes - are you using the up-to-date version?
Yes, I have a registered version of FSUIPC updated to the most recent version.Tom

Ok. Maybe that's the clue. Do you have a chance to temporarly deactivate your FSUIPC and run another test (maybe there's a way to turn it off via ---> "AddOn" in FSX)? Maybe that's the reason why it doesn't work for me. I just have the non-registered version of FSUIPC.It would be awesome if you could post your results.Thank you in advance!Mat

Hi Mat I experienced the same radar issues with the feelthere 737 and emb170/190. Worked fine until ASA wheather was on. In options uncheck 1.Force destination wheather zone. 2. DWC 3. Direct wind control and smoothing 4.visibility graduation and smoothing.I am not sure if one or more was causing my wheather radar problems,but unchecking radar functions fine. Hope this helpsBob B.

Hey Bob!Thanks - that worked for me. I'm trying to figure out which option causes the problem. But it was definitely one of those you mentioned.What I can see on the radar screen doesn't really match what I can see when I look out of the cockpit windows. But I think that's a general FS problem. Thanks again!Mat