Sign in to follow this  
Guest james_2k

DX10 Runway/Taxiway flickering FIX !

Hi All:Brilliant work in discovering this elusive flicker fix for DX10 users! I have tried to implement the fix on my own, but have been unable to. I am running W7 64 bit and have Acceleration installed (purchased from Microsoft online store), but the SDK did not install. I have tried to go back and install it as a first step to implementing the DX10 fix, but it tells me to install Acceleration first! (Acceleration is clearly installed, and shows up on my FSX start screen. However, I do not have FSX installed in the default C: drive.) I have pretty much thrown in the towel on this after many attempts.Has anyone uploaded a set of fixed airports (I realize the fix needs to be added to every airport that flickers) or better yet, some combined texture that could be added to each airport by hand by those like me who are unable to run SDK and ADE? I saw that George has posted that he has uploaded fixed Florida airports on AVSIM, but I cannot find them (a link or file name would be greatly appreciated!). Thanks!Regards,Major V

Has anyone uploaded a set of fixed airports (I realize the fix needs to be added to every airport that flickers) or better yet, some combined texture that could be added to each airport by hand by those like me who are unable to run SDK and ADE? I saw that George has posted that he has uploaded fixed Florida airports on AVSIM, but I cannot find them (a link or file name would be greatly appreciated!). Thanks!Regards,Major V
Search under Florida in FSX miscellaneous files

MajorThis is the file that I dl - nae_fl_d10fix_rc1.zip.In the AVSIM Library search on "flicker" + "DX10"These work OK for me.RegardsPeterH
Thank you, PeterH. Exactly what I was looking for!Thanks as well for the Florida airports tip, Lucevan.Regards,Major V

MajorThis is the file that I dl - nae_fl_d10fix_rc1.zip.In the AVSIM Library search on "flicker" + "DX10"These work OK for me.RegardsPeterH
Peter,Thank you for Avsim FL link. I am trying last three weeks to accomplish to put DX1o FSX AP to my "scenery Library". No success.1- I downloaded Fl Zip files and drag all Bldg. flies to ...Addon Scenery\Scenery folder (please see first picture)2- I start FSX open the "settings" ONe click on "Addon Scenery" and one click ON "OK"(Please see second picture)3- Nothing happens .All airports still flickering.I am doing some thing wrong? I hope you can help me.Sanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Any one can review my DX10 settings screen shots above?ThanksSanal

Ahmet Sanal

SanalI have copied the bgl files exactly as you have done and they seem to work for me. You do not usually need to activate them in the scenery settings they should work OK. I actually create a separate subfolder Addon Scenery folder called AFCADS with 2 sub-folders texture and scenery and that way I can isolate any duplicates etc. Hope you get it sorted!PeterHEDIT: SANAL are you running Win7? If so somewhere on these forums is a guide on how to "activate" scenery in Win 7. - pH

SanalI have copied the bgl files exactly as you have done and they seem to work for me. You do not usually need to activate them in the scenery settings they should work OK. I actually create a separate subfolder Addon Scenery folder called AFCADS with 2 sub-folders texture and scenery and that way I can isolate any duplicates etc. Hope you get it sorted!PeterHEDIT: SANAL are you running Win7? If so somewhere on these forums is a guide on how to "activate" scenery in Win 7. - pH
I thought I didi right, But its not working..some thing is missing. Instruction is simple it should be not hard to do..unfurtenetly three days I am playing ,stll I have flickering runways.I have Vista 64 and FSX Acceleration.Thanks for your replaySanal

Ahmet Sanal

Sanal:I am not sure what the problem is, but I do not believe you are supposed to activate the "Addon Scenery" folder in the FSX scenery library - I just checked mine and I do not have it activated (even though I have plenty of add ons activated from WITHIN the Addon Scenery folder. I believe that FSX automatically uses whatever is in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder, but no matter.)I suggest you do as follows:1. Create a folder within the Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery folder called "DX10 Airports" (or whatever else you like);2. Create a subfolder WITHIN the new DX10 Airports folder called "scenery";3. Cut and paste all of the Florida airport .bgl files from the nae_fl_d10fix_rc1.zip OUT OF the addon Scenery/scenery subfolder and INTO the DX10 Airports/scenery subfolder (duplicate .bgl files is not good);4. In the FSX scenery library, activate (check) the new DX10 Airports folder (I would also UNcheck the Addon Scenery folder while you are at it).Then to confirm, make sure you go to one of the Florida airports for which you have a .bgl file in your new DX10 Airports/scenery folder. It is good practice to create a new folder (with its own "scenery" subfolder) within the Addon Scenery folder whenever you add a new scenery so you can keep track of each specific add on and activate or deactivate each one individually. Best of luck.Major V

Major,Thank you. I will try and inform.Sanal

Ahmet Sanal

Major,Thank you. I will try and inform.Sanal
Major,I selected two Airport and copy them to same set up as you advised.IT DID WORK.Strange thing I did the same set up with "addon Scenery". It didn't work there. OK..tomorrow I will transfer all fines to the new one.Thank youSanalPeterThank you

Ahmet Sanal

Hello everyone,I have just found out this "mega" thread and wonder if:1. Some of you tried this fix not only with default airports but with payware addon airports as well (e.g. Fs Dreamteam, Aerosoft, FlyTampa) because I use mostly detailed/complex airports given by those software house; what are the results?2. this fix works also for night textures, which are probably the biggest lack of using DX10;3. I have airports with either asphalt and concrete taxiways/aprons, what I should do?Very unpatient to get some replies from you, hoping something good. Thanks bye.