Sign in to follow this  
3Green

TCAS (Lee Hetherington) problem V1.25

Hi BobFirst thanks for the 1.25 upgrade. I've run into a very minor issue using the TCAS by Lee Hetherington after upgrading to V1.25.My initial problem was the transponder display (Lee Hetherington) (window 7 in the panel.cfg) would not illuminate the four digits and I had no way of setting my transponder code. It's like the unit had no power, but it still functioned, as I could do a TCAS test, and change the range ok, just no 4 transponder digits were displayed.I played around and now I have the 4 digits displaying ok, but have noticed the unit never powers off when the aircraft power is all shut down. I'm currently using this panel.cfg file -----> "panel with CIVA INS and TCAS.cfg" which I've renamed to panel.cfg.The only way I can get it working properly is by replacing the B732adv.gau file with my old gauge file.The old gauge file I'm using that allows Lee's transponder to work ok is:14.5Mb in size and was last modified on Sunday, Dec 10th, 2006 which I think is version 1.21.Edit: I just found "tinmouse2_b732_v1_24beta.zip" and installed this guage file into the V1.25 package.This gauge file version 1.24 beta also allows Lee's transponder to work ok. This gauge file is:14.5Mb in size and was last modified Monday December 24, 2007 at 17:09:00Edit: I'm using Lee Hetherington V4 TCAS which I think is the most current.File name: TCAS_V4.zip. File "ILH_TCAS.gau" is located in the "Panel.B732ADV" folder.This guage file "ILH_TCAS.gau" is 696Kb in size and was last modified on Sunday, November 05, 2006, 16:05:56Now I've noticed with v1.25 when I first load this panel, and when switching between windowed mode and full screen mode, all the windows cycle through for a second and then close. Is this normal, as the old gauge file doesn't do this.This morning was my first attempt to fly using V1.25, and now I'm stuck at the gate with 78 unhappy passengers because we're having technical issues. Any ideas how I can calm down all these passengers? :( ThanksRJ

First, make sure that the gauge ISG_TCAS!Logic does NOT appear in your panel.cfg file if you are using Lee's gauge. The gauge file I am using came from file ilh_tcas_v4.zip from the AVSIM file library--it's dated May 2004, and I am not aware of any versions newer than that. On my three test machines, the digits and the panel gauge do power off when power is removed.I recommend that you re-download the TCAS gauge from AVSIM and re-install it, including the tcas2v7.dll file.The windows cycling through is a feature and is documented in the docs--it ensures that all the gauges on the subpanels are properly initialized when the panel system initializes.Give the pax a round of free drinks...that usually placates them.CheersBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

When I cycle between windowed and full screen mode, the aircraft shuts down (returns to start-up state)? Should the panel system initialize when simply switching view modes? If so this makes changing modes impossible once you've gotten things started up...and certainly not while airborne :(

First, make sure that the gauge ISG_TCAS!Logic does NOT appear in your panel.cfg file if you are using Lee's gauge.
Confirmed, I don't have ISG_TCAS!Logic anywhere in the panel.cfg file. The panel.cfg I'm using is the one you provided.
The gauge file I am using came from file ilh_tcas_v4.zip from the AVSIM file library--it's dated May 2004, and I am not aware of any versions newer than that. On my three test machines, the digits and the panel gauge do power off when power is removed.
Ok, I'm confused. The TCAS gauge I have installed is newer then gauge in file ilh_tcas_v4.zip. Also, when using your B732adv.gau version 1.21, when I switch off the fuel shutoff valves, and if ground power is off, both the TCAS gauge on the main panel and the digits on the transponder turn off.
Give the pax a round of free drinks...that usually placates them.
:( I told the pax to go home, and we'll attempt our flight tomorrow, and then I drank all the free drinks. I have to figure out why I have a newer TCAS gauge and where I downloaded it from.
When I cycle between windowed and full screen mode, the aircraft shuts down (returns to start-up state)? Should the panel system initialize when simply switching view modes? If so this makes changing modes impossible once you've gotten things started up...and certainly not while airborne :(
I have the same issue.RJ

Did more testing and this bug started with V1.24 and persists in V1.25.Not sure what mode you fly in Bob, but if you start FS9 always in Full screen mode and never switch, you will not see this bug. You must start in window mode, and then switch to full screen mode to see this problem. (at least for me).I've been using version 1.21 up until yesterday with no issues. Version 1.21 works.The reason why my TCAS gauge had a different modified date was because I changed the bitmap from brown to blue (to match the tinmouse panel).Either way, I've eliminated my TCAS bitmap change as an issue, and downloaded "ilh_tcas_v4.zip" and used the files within.My V1.25 test.Doing these steps, everything works ok until step 7.1. Unzip file "tinmouse_ii_v1_25.zip", place folder "B737-200_TM2" in the aircraft folder and place folder "panel.B732ADV" in the "fsfsconv" folder. In the "panel.B732ADV" folder I rename file "panel with CIVA INS and TCAS.cfg" to panel.cfg.2. Unzip "ilh_tcas_v4.zip" and place file "ILH_TCAS.gau" in folder "panel.B732ADV". Files "TCAS2v7.dll" "TCAS2v7.ini" are placed in the main FS9 folder.3. Start FS2004 in window mode. On "Create a Flight" the default Cessna is displayed. I select "Boeing" and then "737-200" and Air Atlanta Icelandic is displayed. I press OK and change the time to "Day" and then press "Fly Now".4. The Tinmouse loads and all the panels cycle. Remain in window mode, do not change. On the Main panel the TCAS is on. I click the top Radio Sim Icon to display the TCAS Transponder and 1200 is displayed. I close the radio panel and press the white triangle Sim Icon to open the overhead.5. I turn off engine GEN1 and then engine GEN2 (the switch clicks upwards). I then close the overhead.6. Back on the Main panel the TCAS is now OFF. I press the top radio Sim Icon and the transponder display is now blank. Everything is working OK provided you never ever press ALT+ENTER. Remain in window mode and turn both GEN1 and GEN2 back on. After turning GEN1 and GEN2 back on, verify on the main panel that the TCAS is ON and that the transponder displays 1200. 7. Now let's break it. Press ALT+Enter to change to Full Screen mode and the panel

After saying all that, the only work around for people is to remember to always start FS2004 in full window mode before flying the TMII and never ever switch window modes.RJ
I start in windowed mode anyway...it makes it easy to navigate around while I'm setting up the flight and other programs. I just make sure to be in full screen before cranking up the bird.

I start in windowed mode anyway...it makes it easy to navigate around while I'm setting up the flight and other programs. I just make sure to be in full screen before cranking up the bird.
Me too.... As for the transponder power issue, it

A word of caution for people that may be using Lee's TCAS/Transponder panel.cfg and setup up the TM2 for cold and dark in window mode and then switch to Full Screen mode.If you set up Cold and Dark for the TM2 in window mode, and then switch to full screen mode, the digits on the transponder will not work. In other words, the digit display will remain blank, after connecting to ground power, APU power, or power from Gen1/Gen2.To demonstrate the issue follow these steps:1. Start FS2004 in window mode and select the TM2 and then press "Fly Now".2. The Tinmouse loads and all the panels cycle. Remain in window mode, do not change. On the Main panel the TCAS is on. Open up the window to display the TCAS Transponder and 1200 is displayed. Close the radio panel.3. Open up the throttle quad and switch both fuel levers to off. If you now press ALT+ENTER to go into full screen mode, the transponder digits will no longer work after you restore either ground power, apu power or power from engine GEN1/GEN2.You can also demonstrate this issue by doing step 4 instead of step 3.4. Open up the overhead panel, and turn off engine GEN1 and engine GEN2. Now press ALT+ENTER to go into full screen mode. Open up the overhead panel, and turn both GEN1 and GEN2 back on. Close the overhead and observe the transponder digits fail to turn back on.This happens in V1.26 as well as V1.25 and V1.24 of the TM2..Solution.1. Go into Full screen mode before setting up Dark and cold.RJ

I've kinda given up on the C&D with the TM2...it's just not worth the hassle. I go with what is loaded on start-up now and have done so since 1.21 (I think).Hopefully the 1.26 will solve my issues with panel re-initialization and losing various functionality.