Sign in to follow this  
Joemicroman

Skai traffic

Heyy all,i have got skai traffic for FS2004 and it is magnificent but wanted to know if there was a program which meant you could see the aircraft, like just flight traffics viewer were you can view the aircraftMany Thanks Joe

Joe,FS9 comes with TrafficToolBox SDKIt views AI and a lot more!It will be added to your FS9 main "top" menu after you install it.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

i have got skai traffic for FS2004 and it is magnificent
And illegal and immoral. It's a pirated package compiled without permission of original modelers, repainters, and flightplanners.You're better off getting World of AI packages: http://www.world-of-ai.com/. Which are the exact opposite.As for your actual question, which you should've mentioned in your thread title (instead of the advertisement it is now), you may want to look into Traffic View Board, available here in the Avsim Library: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=55711.

Mike...

I'll put it a little more politely, just in case you were not aware. SKAI is frowned upon because of the lack of permission sought from the original creators of the aircraft in the package.

-certified speed-junkie and jet-junkie.

And illegal and immoral. It's a pirated package compiled without permission of original modelers, repainters, and flightplanners.You're better off getting World of AI packages: http://www.world-of-ai.com/. Which are the exact opposite.As for your actual question, which you should've mentioned in your thread title (instead of the advertisement it is now), you may want to look into Traffic View Board, available here in the Avsim Library: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=55711./quote]Mike,I have wondered about this.If, as you say, it is illegal ... how can it stay out their? I would not think it possible.

Best Regards,

Thanks for the responses i am in the process of deleting skai now and downloading some of the world ai stuff never new it was illegal but thanks for ths quick replys Joe

how can it stay out their? I would not think it possible.
It's the internet, once something is on there, it's pretty much on there forever. And pirated stuff especially, propagates like rabbits.All we can do, is spread the word and point people to legitimate alternatives.:(

Mike...

Mike,Right, the internet.I was thinking .. if illegal then they would be forced to remove it .. maybe like copyright laws.

Best Regards,

Mike,Right, the internet.I was thinking .. if illegal then they would be forced to remove it .. maybe like copyright laws.
It's illegal...

André

It's illegal...
Andre',You are a publisher.Is it indeed a US copyright law(s) they have broken?I was just curious the name of the law.Or does it go by another name?

Best Regards,

if illegal then they would be forced to remove it
Who's gonna force them? The legal system? Lawyers? That takes time and a lot of money. I don't see freeware flightsim enthusiasts pursuing the matter. But that doesn't take anything away from the fact that it is illegal. Unfortunately, there's a big difference between establishing that and getting something done about it.

Mike...

It's the internet, once something is on there, it's pretty much on there forever. And pirated stuff especially, propagates like rabbits.All we can do, is spread the word and point people to legitimate alternatives.:(
As you have put it so well Mike, it is indeed up to the flight simulation community to police itself on the matters of piracy (freeware and payware). Buy spreading the offending party's name, and what they have done in order to hopefully discourage them and others from doing illegal and improper things. If all else fails then it is up to 'us' alone, to simply refuse to use the stuff or be a part of it in any way other than to shame and discredit the offender. By doing that perhaps we can prevent the next instance of this from happening.Happy Holidays to all,Mel