Sign in to follow this  
Swedjet

FS9 Remote Desktop Session doesn't work

Hi!When I start FS2004 in the Windows XP mode session in Windows 7, it doesn't work.Why?When I launch the fs9.exe file, a error sign comes up and you will see this message:"Flight Simulator cannot run during a Remote Desktop session and will now quit"Is there anything you can do to get around this?I was thinking of maybe debug the app or something like that.Or is it possible to run the sim via Wide FS? I didn't knew if the FS2004 forum or the Windows 7 forum was the best forum for creating this thread in.

Hi Swedjet,Sorry, but why do you want to try and run FS9 in XP mode? It will run perfectly OK in Win7!The problem is because virtual XP uses a special set of VGA drivers that ignore the physical hardware and consequently are not designed to run 3D apps. AFAIK, there is not really any workaround.

Louise

London, UK

Hi!When I start FS2004 in the Windows XP mode session in Windows 7, it doesn't work.Why?When I launch the fs9.exe file, a error sign comes up and you will see this message:"Flight Simulator cannot run during a Remote Desktop session and will now quit"Is there anything you can do to get around this?I was thinking of maybe debug the app or something like that.Or is it possible to run the sim via Wide FS? I didn't knew if the FS2004 forum or the Windows 7 forum was the best forum for creating this thread in.
There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to run FS2004 in the Windows XP Virtual Machine in W7. 1st its not designed for games that use the complexities of DX9 or higher, second its designed for your critical apps that no longer work under W7 but you MUST still access post upgrade. FS2004 works just fine under W7.