•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

FS9 Remote Desktop Session doesn't work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Swedjet

Swedjet

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 5 Months and 8 Days Ago.

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:32 AM

Hi!When I start FS2004 in the Windows XP mode session in Windows 7, it doesn't work.Why?When I launch the fs9.exe file, a error sign comes up and you will see this message:"Flight Simulator cannot run during a Remote Desktop session and will now quit"Is there anything you can do to get around this?I was thinking of maybe debug the app or something like that.Or is it possible to run the sim via Wide FS? I didn't knew if the FS2004 forum or the Windows 7 forum was the best forum for creating this thread in.
Regards//Joakim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 leostr

leostr

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 5 Months and 15 Days Ago.

Posted 26 December 2009 - 04:05 PM

Hi Swedjet,Sorry, but why do you want to try and run FS9 in XP mode? It will run perfectly OK in Win7!The problem is because virtual XP uses a special set of VGA drivers that ignore the physical hardware and consequently are not designed to run 3D apps. AFAIK, there is not really any workaround.
Leo

Wellington, NZ

#3 Mike T

Mike T

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,683 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 2 Months and 10 Days Ago.

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:23 AM

Hi!When I start FS2004 in the Windows XP mode session in Windows 7, it doesn't work.Why?When I launch the fs9.exe file, a error sign comes up and you will see this message:"Flight Simulator cannot run during a Remote Desktop session and will now quit"Is there anything you can do to get around this?I was thinking of maybe debug the app or something like that.Or is it possible to run the sim via Wide FS? I didn't knew if the FS2004 forum or the Windows 7 forum was the best forum for creating this thread in.

There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to run FS2004 in the Windows XP Virtual Machine in W7. 1st its not designed for games that use the complexities of DX9 or higher, second its designed for your critical apps that no longer work under W7 but you MUST still access post upgrade. FS2004 works just fine under W7.

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!