•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
- - - - -

Carenado 210- VC Eyepoint Problem?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Inactive Member_PhilC_***

Inactive Member_PhilC_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 7 Months and 29 Days Ago.

Posted 20 July 2003 - 09:28 PM

Carmine,Thank you very much!! Your settings make the viewpoint in the 210 absolutely tolerable for me. A great compromise for side views and panel.I hope someone from Carenado browses these forums but I would certainly suggest that these settings be made available to them. The email I got indicated that the views were not going to be changed but I think most pilots would appreciate these settings.Now that I'm through griping, here's the good side..She flys great, looks great and the model is very nice. Just took her on a two hour (with your view settings) and had a blast. Once Carenado fixes the remaining few buglets, she'll be darn near perfect as far as I'm concerned.Thanks again.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Inactive Member_Id Rather Be Flying_***

Inactive Member_Id Rather Be Flying_***
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2003 - 12:32 PM

Yes, they SPECIFICALLY change the view out the left window! Instead of seeing the top of the door, you can see lower than the default view and the left wing as well.Try it out and if you don't like it, here is the original settings:VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_FORWARD_EYE=0.0, 0.0, -0.1VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=11.0, 0.0, 0.5VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_EYE=0.1, 0.0, -0.1VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR=10.0, 0.0, 40.0VIEW_RIGHT_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_RIGHT_EYE=0.1, -0.1, 0.1VIEW_RIGHT_DIR=5.0, 0.0, 90.0VIEW_LEFT_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_LEFT_EYE=0.1, -0.1, -0.1VIEW_LEFT_DIR=10.0, 0.0, -90.0VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_EYE=0.1, 0.0, 0.0VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR=10.0, 0.0, -35.0VIEW_DOWN_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_DOWN_EYE=0.1, -0.1, 0.1VIEW_DOWN_DIR=-30.0, 0.0, 0.0

#3 Inactive Member_product_***

Inactive Member_product_***
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2003 - 11:48 AM

In other words they don't change the view out the left window when in VC view? I thought the only thing that could be done in that respect is to change eyepoint settings in the aircraft.cfg VIEWS section, which only has 3 entries for forward/back, left/Right and Up/Down.

#4 Inactive Member_Id Rather Be Flying_***

• Guests

Posted 20 July 2003 - 11:33 AM

Hmmmm...I believe they are only for VC views and looking left, right, forward left, forward right when in 2D panel.Like I said, I am a VC kind of guy and these views allow me to see the panel and just a bit of the runway, ground above it. When you look left the view is dropped a little so that you can see the left and right wing tips as well. To me being a 172 pilot in real life they represent a more accurate view to what I am used to even though this is a much bigger craft.

#5 Inactive Member_product_***

• Guests

Posted 20 July 2003 - 10:15 AM

Quite right about the zoom, my mistake. I've actually made changes to the view eyepoint in the .cfg file and am now quite happy with the VC setup, and it seems to be relatively realistic with only the need for slight seat adjustment during landing. As a whole, though, I find this sort of thing to be the big difference between Dreamfleet and many other payware developers, the kind of detail sweating before a product goes out that makes it more than a pretty (or in this case gorgeous) model; having my head enveloped in the seat headrest sort of makes me wonder about more significant details that may have been overlooked but not so obvious.Joel

#6 Inactive Member_product_***

• Guests

Posted 20 July 2003 - 07:09 AM

Carmine,Am I I correct that the above changes are to the 2d panel views?Joel

#7 Inactive Member_Id Rather Be Flying_***

• Guests

Posted 19 July 2003 - 11:19 PM

I pretty much have found .81 the best compromise zoom setting and sometimes .75. Here are some tweaks I made to the panel.cfg eyepoint settings:VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.81VIEW_FORWARD_EYE=0.0, -0.022, 0.0VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=6.0, 0.0, 0.0VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.81VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_EYE=0.0, -0.022, 0.0VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR=6.0, 0.0, 35.0VIEW_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.81VIEW_RIGHT_EYE=0.0, -0.08, 0.0VIEW_RIGHT_DIR=6.0, 0.0, 90.0VIEW_LEFT_ZOOM=0.81VIEW_LEFT_EYE=0.0, -0.06, 0.0VIEW_LEFT_DIR=13.0, 0.0, -80.0VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_ZOOM=0.81VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_EYE=0.0, -0.022, 0.0VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR=6.0, 0.0, -35.0VIEW_DOWN_ZOOM=0.81VIEW_DOWN_EYE=0.0, -0.022, 0.0VIEW_DOWN_DIR=-30.0, 0.0, 0.0I pretty much exclusively fly in the VC unless I need a panel button. I made it so you can see the left wing with left view as well as a part of the right wing.Try it out and let me know what you think!

#8 Inactive Member_Moghdad_***

Inactive Member_Moghdad_***
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2003 - 10:46 PM

Good picture. I would say it shows just the opposite. If you zoom in, you see that the pilot's head is turned directly toward the camera and is not lowered at all. His eyes are clearly visible. The upper sill of the window is even with the hairline above his forehead.

#9 Inactive Member_Javis_***

Inactive Member_Javis_***
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2003 - 08:54 PM

>i found this one :>http://www.airliners.net/open.file/355090/L/Great catch, Ericson ! Just what we needed ! ;-) The photo proves undoubtly that, as with the external model, Carenado modelled the internal model just perfectly. If the pilot turns his head to the left the top of the door frame and part of the roof will partly block his outside view. He will need to bend his head to get full outside left view. As far as i'm concerned the case is clear !

#10 Inactive Member_Javis_***

Inactive Member_Javis_***
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2003 - 08:40 PM

>To the comment above about zooming in to get "out of the>seat", that's not how the zoom function works.Indeed,Joel, but i did not say 'zoom ' but 'move'. The latter is done with CTRL/ENTER and CTRL/BACKSPACE and *does* as promised, 'move' yourself forward or backward. Same as Numberpad 8 and 2 does when you use AC. 'Zoom' works with SHIFT/- and SHIFT/+ and works the same as f.i. a photocamera zoom lens, your field of view gets nearer or further away while you stay put.>As to shifting the side views of the VC upward, I do think the>bitmaps caan be edited to do this without too much trouble, I>may try it in Photoshop when I have some time and if succesful>will make the new .bmp file available.I'm afraid you are confusing a VC with the well known and probabely soon ushered out 2D panel cockpit views *bitmaps* . These are not used in the Centurion model. Like the external model of an aircraft, a VC is also a 3D model consisting of dozens of seperate textured parts. Sure you will be able to find the bitmap which contains the texture for the internal door and roof but it won't help you to 'move 'm up a bit', you'd still be looking at the internal door and roof *parts* at the same place,only wrongly textured now...

#11 Inactive Member_jason2112_***

Inactive Member_jason2112_***
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2003 - 09:24 AM

The seat problem can be solved by moving the point of view a bit forward. To make a permanent change, edit your aircraft config:[Views]eyepoint=1.00,-0.90,2.40The first value is 0.50 normally, increasing it moves the view point forward a bit.It seems to me that Carenado modelled the 210 very accurately, so the problem with the visibility to the left is a problem of the original Cessna design. The lower point of view in the 2D side views is a quick fix to increase visibility, but it cannot work in the VC for obvious reasons.Just my 2c (EUR),VOlker :]

#12 Inactive Member_jason2112_***

Inactive Member_jason2112_***
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2003 - 09:05 AM

No, as far as I know they don't have a support forum. But they responeded quickly to the mails I sent to them in the last few days.VOlker :]

#13 Inactive Member_product_***

• Guests

Posted 19 July 2003 - 07:29 AM

To the comment above about zooming in to get "out of the seat", that's not how the zoom function works. It zooms from a stationary eye position- but that does give me an idea for the fix here. I believe the head position can indeed be changed in the panel or aircraft.cfg file to move it closer to the panel (just as it can be shifted up/down or left/right. That should at least get the eyepoint in front of instead of inside the seat, I'll have to try it later and will post results Phil.As to shifting the side views of the VC upward, I do think the bitmaps caan be edited to do this without too much trouble, I may try it in Photoshop when I have some time and if succesful will make the new .bmp file available.Joel

#14 Inactive Member_SoarPics_***

Inactive Member_SoarPics_***
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2003 - 04:45 AM

This is a great pic, Ericson. It clearly shows that the top of the side window isn't but a few inches above the line of the top of the dash. It isn't a model problem... it's a high wing/high cowling and dash issue.Thanks,

#15 Ericson

Ericson

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 22 Days Ago.

Posted 19 July 2003 - 04:39 AM

i found this one : http://www.airliners.net/open.file/355090/L/and i don't full happy pilot's face - i can see onlny his nose :-)