Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhilC

Carenado 210- VC Eyepoint Problem?

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Hmmmm...I believe they are only for VC views and looking left, right, forward left, forward right when in 2D panel.Like I said, I am a VC kind of guy and these views allow me to see the panel and just a bit of the runway, ground above it. When you look left the view is dropped a little so that you can see the left and right wing tips as well. To me being a 172 pilot in real life they represent a more accurate view to what I am used to even though this is a much bigger craft.

Guest product

In other words they don't change the view out the left window when in VC view? I thought the only thing that could be done in that respect is to change eyepoint settings in the aircraft.cfg VIEWS section, which only has 3 entries for forward/back, left/Right and Up/Down.

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Yes, they SPECIFICALLY change the view out the left window! Instead of seeing the top of the door, you can see lower than the default view and the left wing as well.Try it out and if you don't like it, here is the original settings:VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_FORWARD_EYE=0.0, 0.0, -0.1VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=11.0, 0.0, 0.5VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_EYE=0.1, 0.0, -0.1VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR=10.0, 0.0, 40.0VIEW_RIGHT_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_RIGHT_EYE=0.1, -0.1, 0.1VIEW_RIGHT_DIR=5.0, 0.0, 90.0VIEW_LEFT_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_LEFT_EYE=0.1, -0.1, -0.1VIEW_LEFT_DIR=10.0, 0.0, -90.0VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_EYE=0.1, 0.0, 0.0VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR=10.0, 0.0, -35.0VIEW_DOWN_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_DOWN_EYE=0.1, -0.1, 0.1VIEW_DOWN_DIR=-30.0, 0.0, 0.0

Guest PhilC

Carmine,Thank you very much!! Your settings make the viewpoint in the 210 absolutely tolerable for me. A great compromise for side views and panel.I hope someone from Carenado browses these forums but I would certainly suggest that these settings be made available to them. The email I got indicated that the views were not going to be changed but I think most pilots would appreciate these settings.Now that I'm through griping, here's the good side..She flys great, looks great and the model is very nice. Just took her on a two hour (with your view settings) and had a blast. Once Carenado fixes the remaining few buglets, she'll be darn near perfect as far as I'm concerned.Thanks again.

Seriously, if you try using the latest version of ActiveCamera (AC 2003, I think) -- which by the way is freeware -- you can set up all the views you want up to 10 for use in the VC. Larry Adamson said it, but I'll repeat. Just move the eyepoint forward or backwards, zoom in or out 'til your heart's content, even crouch down and crane your neck around to look out of the side windows and then save each view in ActiveCamera as a pre-set by selecting alt-ctl-(number of the preset you're assigning it to). Then while flying, just click ctl-(number of the view you want) and voila! There you are. And it's even better than using a hat switch because your head swivels around very realistically instead of just snapping to the views. It's made the Centurion a 110% winner for me. And you never have to sweat it about that headrest being too close again.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest jason2112

Carenado mailed me that they were considering several suggestions regarding the point of view, so I really think you should mail them you modifications. They said it was a hard battle in their team before release, and this pont of view was their compromise. They also said they had to make this compromise because in the real plane, the pilot has to move his neck quite a bit when looking around, and unfortunately this is hard to replicate in FS.Also regarding the avionics problems they said they were doing a complete rework of the radios and transponder. I'm very happy with Carenado's responsiveness.Just my 2c (EUR),VOlker :]P.S.: And no, I'm not paid by or in any other way affiliated with Carenado. I just happen to like their Cessna 210!

Guest product

Carmine,Thanks much for your eyepoint settings, they're very good. Allow what I think is a realistic view out all windows and, with a quick raise up, perfect landing and takeoff out the front window. This really is a great plane, I look forward to their patch for avionics. It has a real feel of weight and momentum that many other payware GA aircraft seem to lack.Joel

Guest PhilC

For those that may not know yet...Carenado has released a patch for the 210 (by email) and now the radios, transponder, etc. are fully functional. However, they did nothing with the VC views yet. Maybe in a future patch.Thanks to Carenado for their fixes so far. Pretty good service!

Guest DK8290

Well this is an old thread but I found it whilst searching for the issue of the seat head-rest appearing strange in the VC view.I changed this spot in the aircraft.cfg to the following [Views]//--------- eyepoint=0.50,-0.90,2.40eyepoint=1.00,-0.90,2.40 The default setting I left as a note. So instead of the view being .5 it is 1.0. Now as I pan around , I am located in front of the head rest and it shows fully without being chopped into by being almost inside the seat model.Perhaps this is old news and I'm sure many people have changed this in a similar way but thought I'd post that this works great for me

I use Active Camera presets for problem VCs like this. CTRL+2 looks forward, CTRL+1 looks out of the left window but at a lower height, and CTRL+3 looks right, again adjusted lower. Active Camera smoothly transitions between all the views and the problem is no more. It works for me anyway!>Well this is an old thread but I found it whilst searching>for the issue of the seat head-rest appearing strange in the>VC view.>>I changed this spot in the aircraft.cfg to the following >>>[Views]>//--------- eyepoint=0.50,-0.90,2.40>eyepoint=1.00,-0.90,2.40 >>>The default setting I left as a note. So instead of the view>being .5 it is 1.0. Now as I pan around , I am located in>front of the head rest and it shows fully without being>chopped into by being almost inside the seat model.>>Perhaps this is old news and I'm sure many people have changed>this in a similar way but thought I'd post that this works>great for me

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

Thanks for posting this! I know in a real 172 my view to the left is blocked by the top of the door. But I can't lean my head down like in real life (I do have track IR but I don't like the tilt feature).XP Home SP2Asus P4P800-SE Intel 3.0GHZDDR 400 D/C 2x512MBLeadtek 6800GT 256MB (71.84)SB AudigyMSFF2 & X45 throttleSee you in the fence...CYYZ