•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

How do I open the .fsr files

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gigemaggs99

gigemaggs99

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 8 Months and 17 Days Ago.

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:28 PM

How do I open .fsr files? I'm on Windows Vista 32.I want to open the tutorial videos from Microsoft Flight Simulator X For Pilots: Real World Training, they are saved as a .fsr. What program do I use to open them?
Gus

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 lliaudais

lliaudais

• Members
  • 878 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 11 Months and 22 Days Ago.

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:41 PM

FSR... FlightSimulatorRecording. A (probably Binary) file that documents the aircraft travel/position/attitude for replay only.Needless to say, you "open" it with FSX and fly it. This is NOT a video file.If you want to 'mess' with flights recorded in this fashion, it would be better to use FSRecorder for FSX - for which you CAN get a 'decompiler' that allows access and editing of recorded flights. Some pretty neat stuff can be done with it, like playing back a recording as "AI" and flying live with your recorded self - multiple times even.I don't think there's any current way to edit/alter the recorded lesson 'flights'.Hope this answers the question behind the question.Loyd
Hooked since FS4... now flying: FSX Acceleration on Win7/64, Core Duo E8400; GA-EP45-DS3R; GTX 460-768MB; 4G RAM; Freezer 7 Pro

#3 gigemaggs99

gigemaggs99

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 8 Months and 17 Days Ago.

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:56 PM

FSR... FlightSimulatorRecording. A (probably Binary) file that documents the aircraft travel/position/attitude for replay only.Needless to say, you "open" it with FSX and fly it. This is NOT a video file.If you want to 'mess' with flights recorded in this fashion, it would be better to use FSRecorder for FSX - for which you CAN get a 'decompiler' that allows access and editing of recorded flights. Some pretty neat stuff can be done with it, like playing back a recording as "AI" and flying live with your recorded self - multiple times even.I don't think there's any current way to edit/alter the recorded lesson 'flights'.Hope this answers the question behind the question.Loyd

How do I view them then? In the book it says to click open and watch the files. It lists them just as they are listed on my PC i.e. Chap_02_Around_the_lake.FSRWhen I click on them my PC asks me what program to open them with. I can't make any of them open it.When I go into FSX and click "load" I can load the file "Chap_02_Post_Mills" then if I click on view and "flight replay" it will attempt to load this Chap_02_Around_the_lake.FSR, but it gives me an error, "file not found. Play ended, press P to resume simulator".
Gus

#4 Opa

Opa

FS Addict - No hope for recovery!

• DECEASED
  • 4,420 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 8 Months and 3 Days Ago.

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:54 PM

How do I view them then? In the book it says to click open and watch the files. It lists them just as they are listed on my PC i.e. Chap_02_Around_the_lake.FSRWhen I click on them my PC asks me what program to open them with. I can't make any of them open it.When I go into FSX and click "load" I can load the file "Chap_02_Post_Mills" then if I click on view and "flight replay" it will attempt to load this Chap_02_Around_the_lake.FSR, but it gives me an error, "file not found. Play ended, press P to resume simulator".

Deleted.
David "Opa" Marshall

#5 lliaudais

lliaudais

• Members
  • 878 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 11 Months and 22 Days Ago.

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:55 PM

gigemaggs99are you 'loading' with the Options > Flight Video function? and is this file in your "my documents......Flight Simulator X files" folder with other saved flight files and plans.Chap_02_Around_the_lake.FSR functions normally on my system. Downloaded it 10 min ago.Perhaps you have a corrupted file. You might want to download again.That was a boring flight to watch. I have to wonder what the lesson is...Loyd
Hooked since FS4... now flying: FSX Acceleration on Win7/64, Core Duo E8400; GA-EP45-DS3R; GTX 460-768MB; 4G RAM; Freezer 7 Pro

#6 Whisper

Whisper

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 11 Months and 2 Days Ago.

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:19 AM

How to see the video ?very easy.go in your FSX to Options / flight video, make your choise; play clip

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!