Sign in to follow this  
Bill_KA350

Here's the "apparent" fix to fsx crashing (Win 7 x64)

If this file is not already in your Windows system folder, the UIAutomationCore.dll file would then be located under the core FSX folder (the same folder that fsx.exe is in). My suggestion is (if it already exists in FSX) to just rename the origional UIAutomationCore.dll file to something like UIAutomationCore.dll.orig, then copy the Vista version in the same folder. Remember, if this dll exists in your Windows system folder, do not delete, copy, or rename the existing UIAutomationCore.dll file.
If it is already in there, does that mean its the Windows 7 64 bit one?

Guest firehawk44
If it is already in there, does that mean its the Windows 7 64 bit one?
Yes. You can right click the file and select Properties and then select the Detail tab and you can look at the Version as stated earlier by Bill. Best regards,Jim

Bill, My understanding was that the uiautomationcore.dll bug was with the 64-bit version of uiautomationcore.dll found in Vista and W7 (and perhaps also XP?) and that the fix was to replace the 64-bit version of uiautomationcore.dll with the 32-bit one. See: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...p;#entry1712856 Cheers, - jahman.
If it is simply a matter of placing a 32-bit version of the file into the FSX folder, then why not use W7 32-bit dll file instead of going back to Vista?

Because Microsoft did not test the Win7 version against FSX. FSX is EOL. "We" the users are doing the "testing" and "we" found that it doesn't work, so "we" put the old Vista 32-bit version in, and it worked

• Upvote 1

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I am still getting crash's in FSX after placing the Vista version of uiautomationcore.dll into the main FSX folder. When I installed it there was no file of that name present, however I did find UIAutomationCore.dll File Version 7.0.0.0 Product Version 6.1.7600.16385 in both the C:/Windows/System32 and the C:/Windows/SysWOW64 folders. So, now I have UIAutomationCore.EXE File Version/Product Version 6.0.5840.16386 in the main FSX folder. Should I rename the file and remove the "EXE" or what? Any help will be most wellcome.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Where is the FSX.exe located?
Go to the Program Files (x86)\ Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X and then go about half way down the page past the gauges and sim objects folders beyond till you see the blue FSX icon That's the FSX.exe file. if youre running Win 7 you should right click go to properties and then go to Capatability and change your setting from default XP SP3 to Win 7. This will solve any black screens that occur when using the drop down menu to turn on fsrecorder or addon manager etc.

Guest firehawk44
I am still getting crash's in FSX after placing the Vista version of uiautomationcore.dll into the main FSX folder. When I installed it there was no file of that name present, however I did find UIAutomationCore.dll File Version 7.0.0.0 Product Version 6.1.7600.16385 in both the C:/Windows/System32 and the C:/Windows/SysWOW64 folders. So, now I have UIAutomationCore.EXE File Version/Product Version 6.0.5840.16386 in the main FSX folder. Should I rename the file and remove the "EXE" or what? Any help will be most wellcome.
Do not delete those files! Those are Windows 7 files. If placing the Vista version of the uiautomationcore.dll into the main FSX folder did not work I would remove it. Something else is wrong and that was not the correct fix. The uiautomationcore.dll is part of dotnet framework which is used by developers to properly install their programs. For instance, FTX PNW requires dotnet framework 3.5 to be installed when using their product. If you have dotnet framework 4 (which comes with Windows 7) then you should be okay. It has had a lot of updates though since Windows 7 was released. The Vista uiautomationcore.dll "fix" does not work for everyone. You might want to start another thread and tell us more about your CTD's. Please check the Event Viewer of your computer to see what error message, if any, was displayed at the time of each crash. Best regards, Jim

Thanks Jim, no I will certainly not remove those files. What I am uncertain about is the "EXE" part of the UIAutomationCore.EXE now in my FSX main folder. Should I rename it to read UlAutomationCore.dll?

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Thanks Jim, no I will certainly not remove those files. What I am uncertain about is the "EXE" part of the UIAutomationCore.EXE now in my FSX main folder. Should I rename it to read UlAutomationCore.dll?
Where did you find that file with an .EXE extension? The correct version was linked in the first post:http://www.search-dll.com/dll-files/download/uiautomationcore.dll.html You can try renaming what you have to a .dll extension, but if it doesn't work then go grab the one that is known to work... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks Fr Bill, Just now re-downloaded file. Still reads UIAutomationCore.EXE that is version 6.0.5840.16386.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Guest firehawk44
Thanks Fr Bill, Just now re-downloaded file. Still reads UIAutomationCore.EXE that is version 6.0.5840.16386.
I clicked on the link provided by Fr Bill and got the .dll version. There is no .exe version shown at the link. In any case, you cannot rename uiautomationcore.exe to uiautomationcore.dll. Best regards,Jim

Guest firehawk44
Hi Jim, that's strange, I've tried a few times and always get the "EXE" and not the "dll" version. Any way I found another site to download from http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll- and it gives me the "dll" version so now its in the main FSX folder....Praying.gif
If it still doesn't fix your problems, try the following link which provides instructions for your Windows 7 system taking ownership of the .dll and giving your system write permission.... http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=55716 Best regards,Jim

Thanks Jim, After putting the UIAutomationCore.dll into the main FSX folder the problem seems to be fixed. I've completed quite a number of flights now, all without CTD's. Thanks again for your help.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Good day all. For some reason I cannot paste this file into FSX folder. It just doesn't give me an option "Paste" it. Whatever I have tried, no luck. I also tried this link:http://www.search-dl...oncore.dll.html no luck. I was getting an error message that file cannot be installed bc no associated program installed. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”