•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo

777 Not following LNAV

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Virgin_A340

Virgin_A340

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 3 Months and 13 Days Ago.

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:24 AM

All worked ok until I got into the air and engaged the AP. VNAV worked as it should but LNAV wouldn't. It appeared from the PFD that it was engaged ok but when I came to the first turn in the SID the 777 just kept going straight on. :angry2: Disconnecting and reconnecting the AP didn't do anything. I am not sure what version of the 777 I have installed as updating is a problem now PSS are gone. Does anyone know of the LNAZ been an issue in the past?Andy S

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 vc10man

vc10man

Member - 3,000+

• Members
  • 3,041 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 8 Months and 17 Days Ago.

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:52 PM

All worked ok until I got into the air and engaged the AP. VNAV worked as it should but LNAV wouldn't. It appeared from the PFD that it was engaged ok but when I came to the first turn in the SID the 777 just kept going straight on. :angry2: Disconnecting and reconnecting the AP didn't do anything. I am not sure what version of the 777 I have installed as updating is a problem now PSS are gone. Does anyone know of the LNAZ been an issue in the past?Andy S

As I regularly use the PSS777,which in my opinion is by far the best 777 available in FS9 until PMDG bring theirs out,if your LNAV will not guide your aircarft along the magenta track,it is most likely becuase it is unable to track the intercept point,so check that you are on the intercept waypoint.If not check your CDU and make sure from your Legs page that the next waypoint after you go off-track is the one you are heading for.If not,move it up.You will then see the LNAV's white arrow track towards that intecept point.Furthermore,the updates,i.e.SP1 and SP2 are available from Just Flight.Hope this helps.RICK
Rick Almeida