Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bal101

RR versus PW versus GE

Guest Bal101

My name is Bal101 and I'm rather new in flying the big bird. If there are tree types of engines RR, PW and GE why is there only the GE engine specs in the aircraft.cfg ? Does it mean that whatever engine is used, the performance is always the one of the GE?

My name is Bal101 and I'm rather new in flying the big bird. If there are tree types of engines RR, PW and GE why is there only the GE engine specs in the aircraft.cfg ? Does it mean that whatever engine is used, the performance is always the one of the GE?
I'm also not sure of this... Is there a difference of perfomance between these engine models?

From what I heard all the performance is the same...all based on the ge engine. However the engine instruments are tuned to that of each engine. It really doesn't make a difference.

That post is quite old, I remember a more recent post were he explained that when the 400F was created he programmed the performance data for all engine types.Regards

Rob Prest

That post is quite old, I remember a more recent post were he explained that when the 400F was created he programmed the performance data for all engine types.Regards
maybe, but this is not the test results i had plus the infos he gave me at that moment and i dont think he programmed more after that ...Phil

Had a little search and found the post....http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=245757&hl=
good but still not convinced about the fact that three engines are modelled and of course there is a difference between F and pax hull versions.make a test with the same flight plan no weather and with all combos available ( that s mean a lot of time) and report. if you want one i can provide it. they used on 2006 one datas type the pax version with GE engine. dont think after that, that a release on perfs side was made. the engine for pw is 4056 or 4062 the 44... version is not for the 744. the pw4062 is the more powerful but not the best on fuel burn side.

If you're going to all that trouble to test things, why not try something more basic an analysis. Do a 1 hour flight (Cruz = 1hr) with 100knot headwinds,,, then do the same flight with 100 knot tailwinds and tell me your result, or just if you had any time difference at all :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Phil,To be honest I'm not too bothered as I don't fly the 744 anymore. Just pointing out what the developer stated last year that theirs a difference in performance data for the RR PW & GE but only for the Freighter. When was the Freighter released? I cant remember.Below is what Vangelis say's in his post (It seems pretty clear)You missed the meaning of this line.static_thrust = 58000.0 //Lbs, nominal SLS adjusted thru EECPeople commenting know what EEC is ? Or what the word nominal SLS thrust implies ?The 744 does indeed have 3 engines types with different thrust limits. This is handled internally by the math, adapted to and fooling FS. CHeck it yourself. Load a 744 at MTOW and try RR, GE and PW engines. Rates of climb are different (least powerful RR, most powerful PW). You need the latest versions ofcourse or the -F model.

Rob Prest

If you're going to all that trouble to test things, why not try something more basic an analysis. Do a 1 hour flight (Cruz = 1hr) with 100knot headwinds,,, then do the same flight with 100 knot tailwinds and tell me your result, or just if you had any time difference at all :(
because one hour wont tell anything.and that s because you ve to test 3 pax version and 3 F version means at least 6 flights but long haul ones ...

Phil,To be honest I'm not too bothered as I don't fly the 744 anymore. Just pointing out what the developer stated last year that theirs a difference in performance data for the RR PW & GE but only for the Freighter. When was the Freighter released? I cant remember.Below is what Vangelis say's in his post (It seems pretty clear)You missed the meaning of this line.static_thrust = 58000.0 //Lbs, nominal SLS adjusted thru EECPeople commenting know what EEC is ? Or what the word nominal SLS thrust implies ?The 744 does indeed have 3 engines types with different thrust limits. This is handled internally by the math, adapted to and fooling FS. CHeck it yourself. Load a 744 at MTOW and try RR, GE and PW engines. Rates of climb are different (least powerful RR, most powerful PW). You need the latest versions ofcourse or the -F model.
i ve both version for FS9 and at least for FS9 there is one modelled engine combo for all the versions ... that s true there is in fact at least 3 engines for the GE, 3 for the RR engines and 2 for the PW versions in real life ... the fact that a display is showing you something is different that the real datas are in ...but from what i got from one developper this is it. believe it or not.F version released in 2006, pax version in 2005.Phil

i ve both version for FS9 and at least for FS9 there is one modelled engine combo for all the versions ... that s true there is in fact at least 3 engines for the GE, 3 for the RR engines and 2 for the PW versions in real life ... the fact that a display is showing you something is different that the real datas are in ...but from what i got from one developper this is it. believe it or not.F version released in 2006, pax version in 2005.Phil
Phil is correct. I got it from the developer who wrote it. :(

because one hour wont tell anything.and that s because you ve to test 3 pax version and 3 F version means at least 6 flights but long haul ones ...
My point was in a joke, but also as to say there would be no difference because it isn't simulated. I should have said a 5 hour flight and regardless of winds, you will land at the same time,, get it? It was because of so many threads that appear to be arguements over what is and what is not simulated...

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

My point was in a joke, but also as to say there would be no difference because it isn't simulated. I should have said a 5 hour flight and regardless of winds, you will land at the same time,, get it? It was because of so many threads that appear to be arguements over what is and what is not simulated...
no worries about a joke or not.it was a simplified answer to some people that believe something else.but for a plane like the 747 to check a fuel burn you have to do a long long test road ... i ve done it years before with the 747 from PSS before the public release ...!!!