•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

Multi Player Missions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JakeRogers

JakeRogers

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 5 Years and 20 Days Ago.

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:06 AM

I've written several single user missions and would like to move up to Multi Player missions. I haven't been able to find any sources of information as to "How to" on this subject. Any advise or reference are greatly appreciated.Jake

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 fsx_missionguy

fsx_missionguy

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 10 Months and 11 Days Ago.

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:50 PM

I've written several single user missions and would like to move up to Multi Player missions. I haven't been able to find any sources of information as to "How to" on this subject. Any advise or reference are greatly appreciated.Jake

Hi Jake,It's easy. Two-step process:
  • In ScenarioMetadata, set the IsMultiPlayer property to True.
  • Then, in your mission design, include a Player object for each player (for example, if you are creating a mission for 4 people to have a race, then you need 4 player objects. If you are creating a mission for 8 people to have a race, then you need 8 player objects).
That's pretty much it.If you have questions, there's a whole group of mission designers here who can provide answers. You can also look at their code, help beta test their missions, and download hundreds of free missions:http://www.flightsim...orxmissions.comCheers,

#3 J.B.Wings

J.B.Wings

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 7 Months and 14 Days Ago.

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:48 AM

Hi Jake,It's easy. Two-step process:

• In ScenarioMetadata, set the IsMultiPlayer property to True.
  • Then, in your mission design, include a Player object for each player (for example, if you are creating a mission for 4 people to have a race, then you need 4 player objects. If you are creating a mission for 8 people to have a race, then you need 8 player objects).
That's pretty much it.If you have questions, there's a whole group of mission designers here who can provide answers. You can also look at their code, help beta test their missions, and download hundreds of free missions:http://www.flightsim...orxmissions.comCheers,

Hi, I am new to this and tried to design a mission. So far, as a single player mission it worked quite well. The problems came up, when i made a multiplayer mission out of it. I followed your description above. Wheni started FSX again and logged in to gamespy i wanted to host a session.The following error message came up:invalid argument detected (or something like this. I got that message in german, so please excuse a possible bad translation)I am able to host a session than, but unfortunately no free flight session anymore. Just missions.Does anybody know, how i can get that possibility back without re-installing fsx?Thank you in advance for your helpJ.B.Wings