Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 747-400X -8 Extension SP1

Captains-You can download the SP1 update for the PMDG 747-400 -8 Model Extension from the following link:http://downloads.precisionmanuals.com/file...tension_SP1.zipThis update brings in mostly cosmetic changes, and changes to the installer logic in order to correct some problems that certain users reported at install-time.Non-Conclusive Change List:==================1) Updated Normal Texture on PAX airplane.2) Updated 747 CONFIGURATOR to correctly position dome light in 747-8 mode.3) Updated installer logic to correct certain reported problems.4) Updated installed files to correct nose-gear steering issues on some user machines.5) Updated panel.cfg files to include missing entries and proper version/date information.There are a few other fixes- but I don't have the list with me at the moment... Note that for a limited time you can pull a new copy of the full installer (with fixes) from your account. This capability will only remain through Sunday- so please take advantage of it NOW if you wish to have the full installer...We will update our downloads page with this new SP1 shortly... For now- use the link here in the forum.IMPORTANT NOTE: If you purchased your PMDG 747-400X -8 Model Extension AFTER 2100Z/10FEB10, you already have the full installer and do not need this SP1. If in doubt, simply download the patch SP1 from the link above and run it. If you already have the correct version, it will refuse to install. (easy!)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Awesome work for an outstanding product.Thanks team!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Great thanks!..But still no lights outside for me. Just landing lights... What is the name of the light files that PMDG uses for the lightning?Maybe i have to restore them from my FSX CD!CheersStian

Captains-You can download the SP1 update for the PMDG 747-400 -8 Model Extension from the following link:http://downloads.precisionmanuals.com/file...tension_SP1.zipThis update brings in mostly cosmetic changes, and changes to the installer logic in order to correct some problems that certain users reported at install-time.Non-Conclusive Change List:==================1) Updated Normal Texture on PAX airplane.2) Updated 747 CONFIGURATOR to correctly position dome light in 747-8 mode.3) Updated installer logic to correct certain reported problems.4) Updated installed files to correct nose-gear steering issues on some user machines.5) Updated panel.cfg files to include missing entries and proper version/date information.There are a few other fixes- but I don't have the list with me at the moment... Note that for a limited time you can pull a new copy of the full installer (with fixes) from your account. This capability will only remain through Sunday- so please take advantage of it NOW if you wish to have the full installer...We will update our downloads page with this new SP1 shortly... For now- use the link here in the forum.IMPORTANT NOTE: If you purchased your PMDG 747-400X -8 Model Extension AFTER 2100Z/10FEB10, you already have the full installer and do not need this SP1. If in doubt, simply download the patch SP1 from the link above and run it. If you already have the correct version, it will refuse to install. (easy!)
Thanks Robert, dome light fixed :( Andrew Dixon

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Note that for a limited time you can pull a new copy of the full installer (with fixes) from your account. This capability will only remain through Sunday- so please take advantage of it NOW if you wish to have the full installer...
Is this done using the same download link that was sent to me in my email when I first bought the plane (which is also the same as the one that is linked to my original order at the PMDG store)?Mark

Is this done using the same download link that was sent to me in my email when I first bought the plane (which is also the same as the one that is linked to my original order at the PMDG store)?Mark
Mark, Log into your PMDG account and go to previous orders. Click on the order you originally placed for the 747-8i and down the bottom is the link. Download this and run the installer and the new version will be installed.If in doubt as Robert said, run the patch, if you have the latest version it will refuse to install. This works as I have just done it.CheersAndrew Dixon

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Mark,Log into your PMDG account and go to previous orders. Click on the order you originally placed for the 747-8i and down the bottom is the link. Download this and run the installer and the new version will be installed.If in doubt as Robert said, run the patch, if you have the latest version it will refuse to install. This works as I have just done it.CheersAndrew Dixon
I just downloaded it and the file date/time is 7/02/2010 8:31pm and the read me states this:- PMDG 747-8 Model Extension for PMDG 747-400X VERSION v2.10.0041So I now have the updated SP1 full installer.Thanks for the help.Mark

Hi, on product page I have details: I've just redownloaded full installer from my previous orders section and have in README_PMDG_747-8i_for_400X_FSX.txt following info:Is this the same?
You have the updated version. :(

Andrew Dixon

Can anyone who was having the nosegear issue please confirm for us that it's fixed now? We're pretty sure we got it, but I'm interested to see "in the wild" so to speak.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Can anyone who was having the nosegear issue please confirm for us that it's fixed now? We're pretty sure we got it, but I'm interested to see "in the wild" so to speak.
I was having the nosewheel steering problem, but it is now working after I installed the SP.Mike Hollenbeck

Guest PolarB744
By any chance can you guys ad a Polar Air Cargo liveries since they too might be a customer receiving that aircraft. (Polar is part of the Atlas Air family)Thanks

Thanks PMDG! Just installed it. Still didn't fix my wheel problem(right buggy of wheels are not round) but I think this might be a "my computer" only issue. I loved how you guys offered the full installer still. It can get annoying sometimes like with my 747-400 when I have reinstall it, I have to install the update too.Taylor Oldham

I installed the SP, but if I run the jet with FS2Crew, I still have the nose wheel steering issue (Only with 747-8i). If I set the panel config to not use FS2Crew, it works fine. So the issue is definitely FS2Crew related for me.

Regards,

Jody Pombrio

PMDG 737NG // PMDG 747 QOTSII // PMDG 777 // Level-D 767 // FS2Crew 747 QOTSII // FS2Crew Level-D 767//