Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 747-400X -8 Extension SP1

Hi Ryan,

Can anyone who was having the nosegear issue please confirm for us that it's fixed now?
Problem solved, thank you very much !Louis Perrin

I installed the SP, but if I run the jet with FS2Crew, I still have the nose wheel steering issue (Only with 747-8i). If I set the panel config to not use FS2Crew, it works fine. So the issue is definitely FS2Crew related for me.
Jody,From another thread:Dear FS2Crew PMDG 747-800 drivers:PMDG recently released an expansion pack that includes the 747-800i.If you own this new expansion pack from PMDG and you own FS2Crew: PMDG 747 Edition, then you will need to also install this new FS2Crew update or you will have problems!This update adds the required FS2Crew entries to the PMDG 747 panel.cfgs that were modified by the 8i models.Please read the instructions in the download file!NOTE: ONLY INSTALL THESE PANEL.CFGS IF YOU OWN FS2CREW PMDG 747 AND THE PMDG 747-800i.CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FS2CREW PMDG 747-800i UPDATESupport is available via the FS2Crew support forum, which is located a few down from here in the Avsim Commercial members forum.

Just a quick clarification please...With the original 748 correctly installed - download the SP at the top of this forum thread and install - brining me up to 2.10.0041. Then I can delete the above SP installer.Then re-download the full 748 installer from my PMDG account and save in my PMDG archive to reinstall at a later date, if necessary.Correct?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest Markus_AE
With the original 748 correctly installed - download the SP at the top of this forum thread and install - brining me up to 2.10.0041. Then I can delete the above SP installer.Then re-download the full 748 installer from my PMDG account and save in my PMDG archive to reinstall at a later date, if necessary.Correct?
That's what i've done :(

Hello, j ai de gros problemes avec 747-8i car la plupars des commande ne fonctionne pas: ex les portes et soutes ne souvrent pas, je n ai pas le cockpit 3d normal, les lumieres ne foctionnent pas. quelqu un peut il m aider ?

hi guys just got the pmdg 747/8i extension but cant get into the cockpit and always end up behind the cockpitaim using the configuration manager correctly and i even redownloaded the whole product but no joyany ideas

When you installed ths 8i there should have been a shortcut under PMDG for a panel configurater that you have to run to choose your starting viewpoint for the 8i or 4. Run it as admin and choose the correct model.

I'm still getting the nosegear and incorrect views in spite of using the configurator correctly.It seems the freight version works OK withthe default PMDG livery.I do have the FS2crew addon for the MD11,but this should not affect the 747,very strangeRon

Ron Service

I was reading the manuals how to configurate the 747-400x and the 747-8i it works ok. Everything works fine the problem is that my nose attemps to go upa down slightly on level flight and decend it could be a FSX bug? It is a large aircraft due to the curvity of the globe some of you might experinced it if you have let me know? Because it's does the same on FS9. MD11 works alot better it's shorter then the 747's. I've been using flight sim for about 9 years. Just recently updated the graphics card for better proformance for FSX.

Does anyone know why the pictures of the 747-8i say that the engines are the GEnx engines? because there not, there GEnx-2b's pmdg needs to get there crap straight. here click this >http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/product/748.html

and look at the pictures, top row third to the left, click on the picture and it says GEnx, not GEnx-2b......

Does anyone know why the pictures of the 747-8i say that the engines are the GEnx engines? because there not, there GEnx-2b's pmdg needs to get there crap straight.

Welcome to AVSIM.

Are you referring to the caption? If so, that is an insignificantly minor imprecision (though GEnx can refer to the entire engine family) that should have been addressed much more politely. 

Captains-You can download the SP1 update for the PMDG 747-400 -8 Model Extension from the following link:http://downloads.precisionmanuals.com/file...tension_SP1.zipThis update brings in mostly cosmetic changes, and changes to the installer logic in order to correct some problems that certain users reported at install-time.Non-Conclusive Change List:==================1) Updated Normal Texture on PAX airplane.2) Updated 747 CONFIGURATOR to correctly position dome light in 747-8 mode.3) Updated installer logic to correct certain reported problems.4) Updated installed files to correct nose-gear steering issues on some user machines.5) Updated panel.cfg files to include missing entries and proper version/date information.There are a few other fixes- but I don't have the list with me at the moment... Note that for a limited time you can pull a new copy of the full installer (with fixes) from your account. This capability will only remain through Sunday- so please take advantage of it NOW if you wish to have the full installer...We will update our downloads page with this new SP1 shortly... For now- use the link here in the forum.IMPORTANT NOTE: If you purchased your PMDG 747-400X -8 Model Extension AFTER 2100Z/10FEB10, you already have the full installer and do not need this SP1. If in doubt, simply download the patch SP1 from the link above and run it. If you already have the correct version, it will refuse to install. (easy!)

Hi I don't think this is the right forum but if it is I forgot to check that the Pmdg 747-400x is for sp1 so I am playing on sp2 and my external power doesn't work so I have to use apu gen 1 and 2 and my Vnav doesn't want to arm thx pls help

Captains-You can download the SP1 update for the PMDG 747-400 -8 Model Extension from the following link:http://downloads.precisionmanuals.com/file...tension_SP1.zipThis update brings in mostly cosmetic changes, and changes to the installer logic in order to correct some problems that certain users reported at install-time.Non-Conclusive Change List:==================1) Updated Normal Texture on PAX airplane.2) Updated 747 CONFIGURATOR to correctly position dome light in 747-8 mode.3) Updated installer logic to correct certain reported problems.4) Updated installed files to correct nose-gear steering issues on some user machines.5) Updated panel.cfg files to include missing entries and proper version/date information.There are a few other fixes- but I don't have the list with me at the moment... Note that for a limited time you can pull a new copy of the full installer (with fixes) from your account. This capability will only remain through Sunday- so please take advantage of it NOW if you wish to have the full installer...We will update our downloads page with this new SP1 shortly... For now- use the link here in the forum.IMPORTANT NOTE: If you purchased your PMDG 747-400X -8 Model Extension AFTER 2100Z/10FEB10, you already have the full installer and do not need this SP1. If in doubt, simply download the patch SP1 from the link above and run it. If you already have the correct version, it will refuse to install. (easy!)

I am Having a problem with my external power and vnav

plsd help