Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

Austrian Alpine Soaring - Can not register "sucess"

I'm having problems with the FSX Deluxe Austrian Alpine Soaring Mission. I complete the course (hardly any record breaking time) and land right on the runway, yet the lady says "Welcome back" followed almost immediately by a mission failure and a message from the lady "we see from telemetry that you've landed out...". I'm sure I'm at the right airport since it registers a finish time and I land right next to the mission compass arrow.I searched the forums and found one thread on this, however it doesn't seem anyone found a solution. It was an old thread that noted a fix in FSX SP1 patch, but I am using FSX Deluxe + Acceleration, which should have this patch and fix.Any suggestions for this? I'm not really a soaring person, but kind of want to cross all the missions off as at least completed.

Eric Szczesniak

I remember I had that same problem (some time ago) ... finish the course, clock would stop, land... but no "Mission Success."I am 99% certain the way I solved this was to fly the last leg precisely to the Starting Waypoint. During the race, I also made sure I hit every Waypoint... no "rounding off the corner" even if the Leg appeared on the GPS as "Completed" (Leg color changing from Red to White).End up by flying to the Start Waypoint and circle back to land and that should get you "Mission Success." Great Fun that mission. :(

Guest jdb94

I have the same pb (...in french)669108a4fd0975e3a5f46c8f3a560415fdd42957.jpeg

I am 99% certain the way I solved this was to fly the last leg precisely to the Starting Waypoint
not for me...:(I look at the mission "AustrianSoaring.flt" file, and found these lines:[ATC_Aircraft.0]ActiveFlightPlan=TrueRequestedFlightPlan=FalseAcState=ACSTATE_REQUEST_TAXI_CLEARANCE_OUT_VFR_ATISWaypoint.0=, LOWZ, , LOWZ, A, N47

I just tried it again tonight following my advice... i.e. hit every waypoint dead on (or as close as reasonably possibly) and shortly after hitting the last waypoint the clock stops. I flew on to the Start Waypoint, then circled back to a landing on Rwy 26 (well... on the grass). Worked for me (again). :( AustrianAlpineSoaringCourse-Record9.jpg