Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

MD-11 Max Window reached issue?

Hello gentlemen, I have used the MD-11 hundreds of times with FSP and never had issues until recently. The only thing I know that changed in my setup is I am now running Windows 7, the addition of TrackIR and possibly the higher res from the Trip2Go of 5040x1050.The problem is that there seems to be a "Max Window" limit in FSX and FSP needs a couple of these windows for it's own program to run. The MD-11 seems to be taking all or most of these "Windows" (Sorry but I don't quite understand this and am learning as I type).I have posted this in the FSP forum here, and await reply to my last post but as you can see in the post have been told it is because PMDG uses so many window. The strange thing is as I stated I have used FSP with the MD-11 a gazillion times with no problem, but then again, it could have something to do with the 3 things I listed above. I have no issues running it with any other aircraft, including the PMDG 747-400, -8i or my newly purchased JS-41.Lastly, I have taken out several views from the Aircraft.cfg [Camera] section that I don't use. I do this all the time after I install it to make cycling through them faster since I only have one key mapped to cycle views in one direction. I have always done this and it never cause a problem before but figured I'd throw it in as a possible.Any help would be appreciated! Here is an excerpt from the FSPassengerX log.txt:...Starting FsPassengers adventureFunction ForceCrashAndCollideFlagFunction ForceCrashAndCollideFlag endLoading Crew sound from user chosen directory Sound/CrewPack\default\Loading crew text, default voice pack usedPanel window number before FsP: 64ERROR PROBABLE: Max window reached, making roomList of windows:Window 0: Window00 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 1: Window01 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 2: Window02 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 3: Window03 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 4: Window04 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 5: Window05 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 6: Window06 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 7: Window07 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 8: Window08 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 9: Window09 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 10: Window10 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 11: Window11 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 12: Window12 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 13: Window13 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 14: Window14 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 15: Window15 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 16: Window16 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 17: Window17 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 18: Window18 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 19: Window19 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 20: Window20 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 21: Window21 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 22: Window22 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 23: Window23 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 24: Window24 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 25: Window25 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 26: Window26 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 27: Window27 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 28: Window28 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 29: Window29 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 30: Window30 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 31: Window31 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 32: Window32 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 33: Window33 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 34: Window34 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 35: Window35 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 36: Window36 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 37: Window37 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 38: Window38 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 39: Window39 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 40: Window40 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 41: Window41 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 42: Window42 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 43: Window43 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 44: Window44 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 45: Window45 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 46: Window46 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 47: Window47 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 48: VCockpit01 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 49: VCockpit02 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 50: VCockpit03 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 51: VCockpit04 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 52: VCockpit05 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 53: VCockpit06 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 54: VCockpit07 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 55: VCockpit08 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 56: VCockpit09 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 57: VCockpit10 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 58: VCockpit11 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 59: VCockpit12 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 60: VCockpit13 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 61: MiniPanel01 Path:D:\Hangar\FSX\Gauges\MiniPanelWindow 62: Window00 Path:D:\Hangar\FSX\Gauges\MissionPanelsWindow 63: Window01 Path:D:\Hangar\FSX\Gauges\MissionPanelsDisabled penalty flag 0Call function GAFFA4645END function GAFFA4645 found: 63Call function RAFF43587End function RAFF43587Detect parking brake available:Parking brake availableMovies_choices.cfg loaded movies availables: 6Config file saved>>>>speed <1 collide flag 0Total Percentage of failure= 5...

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Dan, while you are waiting for someone who knows what they are talking about; I recall the window maximum being discussed as a factor in some of the cockpit design decisions when MD11 first came out RTM . I don't recall if it is at limit by itself or if there is any slack but it is a limitation of FSX that this simulation is at or close to.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan, I just wonder why it worked fine all these months and now it doesn't like the MD-11. I'm curious to see if the window thing is somehow tied into the Res, or maybe there are more for VC then 2D? Strange all around. I'm also curious to see if anyone else here is running FSX & FSP on WIN 7, I don't see how this makes a difference but the 3 changes to my system don't ring any bells in my head and this is the first I heard of these windows. Anywho, thanks again. Hopefully there is a way I can edit some out or something. I might try a reinstall to see if it clears it up but rather troubleshoot this and learn something about these windows at the same time ;-)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

A little more memory came back. When asked why an add-on wx radar couldn't be added to the MD11 a' la the JS41 the answer was due to the FSX limitation on number of windows. I didn't undertand it any deeper then than I do now. Ah!

Dan Downs KCRP

Sad that no one from the Dev team has commented on this, even to say we don't know, which is doubtful. I've spent and most likely wasted the last few hours trying to find some logic behind making this work.I removed some views in the Aircraft.cfg which of course did nothing. I then checked the Panel.cfg and as far as I can tell the window count ends at window47=Dummy Updater and it's even stated that this one should be the last panel.According to the Log file, there are 64 of these "Windows". I tried to edit out the FO side of things (Windows 7) but the problem remained then I edited out the section for [Windows7] gauges but then I lose button function on most systems. So now I'm at a loss. I don't understand why the window issue would only be in Windows 7 and not in Vista or XP, that part is the most strange.I guess I'll create a ticket and see if that helps...

Dan Prunier

Dan,I don't have any personal experience with trying to use panel window modifying addons, which is why I didn't respond... I'll have to see if anyone else on the team knows anything. I do know we've had this in the wiki and now the new KB for a long time though:http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a12...dow-limits.aspxHas anything changed with FS Passengers as far as it adding more panel windows than it used to have or anything like that?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Dan,I don't have any personal experience with trying to use panel window modifying addons, which is why I didn't respond... I'll have to see if anyone else on the team knows anything. I do know we've had this in the wiki and now the new KB for a long time though:http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a12...dow-limits.aspxHas anything changed with FS Passengers as far as it adding more panel windows than it used to have or anything like that?
Hi Ryan,Thanks for the reply. I have been working with Dan Steph the developer of FSP and still no joy. There have never been any updates to FSPX so nothing has changed and I have reinstalled several it times. I don't think I am running any other addon that is taking a window, and all I am only running Follow Me (just a follow me car rather than the progressive taxi line) and Rex2. The other addons currently installed are other aircraft and airports and REX2 so I don't know what could be taking the last 3 available windows. I recently tried the wideaspect=true when testing my TrackIR POV, but reverted back. Maybe something lingured in a cfg somewhere. Someone just piped in at my above linked post on the FSP forum reitifying that they run FSP with the MD-11 on Windows 7 with no problems so I'm at a loss at the moment. I may compare his panel.cfg to mine and see if anything jumps out, but I already restored a backup of it with the same issue.I could always reinstall the MD-11 but I rather find the issue than wash off the evidence ;-)If it helps at all, here is my panel.cfg, my FSX.cfg and my Aircraft.cfg. I don't think there is anything in these that can't be posted but feel free to remove them if so, or let me know and I'll delete them.Edit: I also just noticed in this post, that Stefan is running FSP and the MD-11 in Win7 with no problems.Thanks,

Dan Prunier

Dan,I just talked to Vangelis and he has no idea either - he's using FS Passengers successfully with it. If it's only adding 2 windows there should be enough space in the MD-11's window config for it to work. Honestly I would maybe think about an uninstall/reinstall of the MD-11 and FS Passengers. Better to start clean when you've got weird stuff like this going on.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Dan,I just talked to Vangelis and he has no idea either - he's using FS Passengers successfully with it. If it's only adding 2 windows there should be enough space in the MD-11's window config for it to work. Honestly I would maybe think about an uninstall/reinstall of the MD-11 and FS Passengers. Better to start clean when you've got weird stuff like this going on.
Ryan and Vangelis,Thanks for your common effort to tackel an MD11 problem.Regards,Harry

Sorry for the late reply, but I wanted to make sure I tried everything before I did. I have uninstalled and reinstalled bot FSPx and the MD-11x multiple times now in the last few hours and still get these crashes.Only since I upgraded to Windows 7 have I had this issue but have seen several users without problems, all running FSP-X, MD-11 with Windows 7. I don't know of any specific update I installed that could cause the problem since I hadn't simmed in a while before noticing it after I made the windows 7 switch.Last time I uninstalled both FSP & the MD-11, manually deleted left overs including trusted lines from the FSX.cfg that remained for both apps, deleted config files still in the PMDG directory for the MD-11 and searched every folder for other lingering leftovers including apps/roaming, program data etc... but found nothing. I rebooted (for safe measure) then reinstalled the MD-11 and then FSP. I loaded up the MD-11 default, activated FSP in the game, bought the aircraft in the FSP company manager then loaded a flight. Same crash occured with the same error. So either something is still lingering somewhere, or at some point in time I installed a windows update that somehow changed the way FSP see's the windows? Haha, I like a good challenge but this has now turned annoying. I found another poster with the same issue but an uninstall and reinstall helped him,,, yay him :( , boo me ;-)Oh well, that's the latest on my side of the fence. This has been the longest I have had to troubleshoot my own issue in a long time. I forgot how good I had it! Hopefully something will surface soon, since the other post I read was only a few days ago so perhaps it was a windows update causing issues. It wouldn't be the first time.

Dan Prunier

Well, it's now the wee hours of the morn'n and I am flying the MD-11 once again with my screaming ungrateful passengers :( I merely got it working as a work around, a term I don't really consider victorious... but for now, I'll take it, hehe.Very long story short, looking back at the log there were these entries:.........Window 58: VCockpit11 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 59: VCockpit12 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 60: VCockpit13 Path:SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\panel\panelWindow 61: MiniPanel01 Path:D:\Hangar\FSX\Gauges\MiniPanelWindow 62: Window00 Path:D:\Hangar\FSX\Gauges\MissionPanelsWindow 63: Window01 Path:D:\Hangar\FSX\Gauges\MissionPanelsFor the sake of trying it I just removed the Missionpanels.cfg from the FSX\Guages directory and fired it up and no crash. I spent most of the night reading up on the "Faulting module name: g2d.dll" thinking that maybe a windows update did something screwy,,, again.I don't do any online racing with FSX so don't think I'll need this .cfg anytime soon, but still would like to find a way to cut one other window out so I can make room for the WX500 :( Thanks for the help. I think I'll take my passengers for a death ride to welcome them back to Dangerous Dano's Dirt digging Airlines ;-) (Ok not really, the name of my airline is the same principle though "Dart Inc" ;-)

Dan Prunier

Good find. Missions, I think I played with those once. I am glad it was you doing the troubleshooting and not me.

Dan Downs KCRP

i know that im like a year late, but i was having the same problem.. the g2d error caused by FSP and MD11.. here's what i did.. i opened the panel.cfg of the MD11, and deleted some windows of the cockpit that i dont use (since i use VC) and the window error was no more.. but for some reason that was only restricted to Fsx Sp1.. when i installed sp2, i've started having the same g2d prob.. i've read alot abt it, and deleting the mission some cfg file is the suggested solution.. will try that out.. but just to let you know, u can always access the panel.cfg file in sim objects\airplanes\MD11 folder.. but do so at your own risk, and make a backup before u change the cfg file.. cheers