Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Best AI traffic addon for FSX?

Ryan, MyTraffic X 5.4 is by far the best traffic program.The new models with animations are outstanding and the program can now be use with MyTraffic Live where it will use the traffic schedules from all large airliners from that moment. ,So not a season but from that moment. So just before firing up FSX you download the latest schedules ( incl delays , changes etc ) and are very close to whats happening in the real world at that moment.I myself have also F1 Audio Environment Airliners Editions Sounds + several TSS sounds and made my own custom sounds for all AI Traffic.When a large aircraft is passing me the sounds is incredible.Even plane spotting is now a happening. Good luck with your choices.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

..compared to what's basically FS9-era traffic addons, the choice for me will be a true no-brainer.
HelloUnless you fly in Europe and do not mind missing a lot of the airlines that we have here, or do not mind your airports being empty at night.Also be aware that all of the models and flightplans in MyTrafficX are pure FSX code with excellent Fps.Far better addon all round and also true one to one support from the Developer.At least you will be able to get a refund on UT2 when you realise that a lot of airlines and cargo haulers you were were expecting to see has been left out of the latest schedules.

Interesting. How much does MTX52b do for little airports in Orbx PNW (and NRM and PFJ)? I always fly from and to smaller airports and a lot of them are empty. I also don't like flying over very empty big airports. I suppose MTX52b will be fine for the larger airports, but how about small GA ones...?

Jeroen,Latest version is 5.4 (This thread originated in Feb 2010) Mad Dog is 100% correct. This latest version is awesome, and comes with Live traffic for an extra 16EU, for a 6 month sub, normally 90EU for a 3 month Sub for non MTX users.You can use both UT2 and MTX, and works best in live mode. You won't be disappointed with this great AI addon.Cheers

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Jeroen, with MTX you can update the schedules for your installation. Get 5.4 Pro, that is the latest.After you get it and get it installed and it is working correctly then get FSX SDK installed if you do not already have it.After that in the MTX Communicator click on the Manage FSX Settings tab then click on Search for traffic bgl files. Get rid of all traffic bgl files except MTX files. Any FS9 traffic bgl's that you may have downloaded with addon airports will screw up MTX traffic.After that in FSX do a dump airports (all of this is described in the MTX manual). After you dump airports open the MTX Editor, open your MTX database then import and export your airports (now MTX has a list of all the airports added by Orbx). The last thing you do is run the Create>Schedules, Files & Traffic. Now MTX 5.4 Pro schedules are updated to your FSX install with all the airports you have added.Also, like people have already said, you can not beat the support by the author of MTX in his dedicated forum.http://forum.simflig...-support-forum/

Ooooooooookay... that sounds complicated... Do I have to import and export a few hundred airports...?!? Or can you import and export them all in one go?For that kind of money I expected a ONE button operation to get that done...! Just kidding. (Although... ;) ).Thanks for the tutorial! I might go for this now...!

FSX dumps all the airports with the click of a button. MTX imports/exports all airports at the click of a button. This is easy to do after you have everyting setup and you have done it once and you know what to do. With a little work you get AI traffic at all airports you have added to the default FSX install. Also if you modify any airports this updates the AI for those airports.Believe me, once you have done it the first time the next time is easyl.

Just a few questions: Couldn't you find any even older thread to add this? I mean there were some quite recent threads about "the best" AI addon. And what exactly makes it better than other solutions (except that it's free - 'cause there's other free solutions around)?

Besides, isn't that also a kinda pirated software, just like Global AI?

Sorry for sounding harsh, but I feel that this thread revival is really not one of the best - and simply saying something is the best without giving any reasons, well, is nothing but a rather useless opinion. If you could only give a reason...