The clouds in ASE are fading in and out constantly. There will be nothing then very smoothly a whole overcast layer will appear then after a few minutes it will slowly disappear. This happened yesterday from KMEM to KONT and is happening again today from KONT to KMEM. I went straight from AS6.5 to ASE I use FSX, Im using DWC, online updates set to 30mins (but have tried other intervals like 10min) no data and cavok set to 0, 15 set for layers and Prevent cloud redraws checked, and I file a route aswell. My fsuipc settings are reset back to normal defaults.

Hi Ian,Set the dynammic rate of change slider to zero in ASE and see what happens.

Sorry Jim problem still there, there will be clear conditions then the clouds will slowly fade in all around me, then after a few moments they will slowly fade away. I am using REX 2.0 for the cloud textures. Is there some sort of cfg file for ASE to see if its saving my settings? One thing I noticed is that I set my cirrus clouds to 0 yet they are still present after hitting the save and apply button.

Hey Jim did some more testing today this time in my home airport of CYQM, something really caught my eye today, departing YQM it was overcast, it looked stunning. I took off and started my climb to 37000 ft heading on a heading of 270. It was complete overcast no problems at all. However when I started to get to around 36000 to 37000 ft the clouds began to morf and change(and disappear) from the nice fluffy ones to the flat stratus even though I have the slider that says Stratus Occurrence set to 0. So I decided to try something, I descended back down to 32000ft and hit the refresh weather button, the clouds then returned to there original state. Here is two pics I took, the first one at 37000 ft when they change into stratus clouds, the second one a few moments later after descending back down to 32000 ft.ase.jpgase2.jpg

Ok just an update I turned my Cirrus to 0 and now after testing it throughly this problem has stopped. It seems as soon as I got up to the same level as the Cirrus clouds all my clouds would turn into those little flat ones. What I still can't figure out is why when flying the clouds change so rapidly, it goes from completely overcast for as far as the eye can see, to clear not a cloud in the sky in a matter of seconds, then a few minutes later back to overcast. This happens over and over and over again. Is anyone else getting these extreme cloud changes.