Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Texture flickering / flashing

Hello,I have been reading something about this as I searched, not yet been repaired no? No other aircraft do that here, no matter how I test, only the JS4100 - I get kind of light blue flashing triangles with the center in the center of the screen, flahsing around... I've seen some posts that resemble to pretty much what I'm seeing.Happens only in the VC!! Not in external or anything. Happens only when I change to VC and if go out it stops...When will it get fixed? I can't fly the aircraft...

Full name please.Sounds like the VC is stressing your system. Very few reports on artifacts, and most are related to ice or rain effects. Try playing with the config manager. You can back off the resolution with very little (if any) visual degradation.

Dan Downs KCRP

Full name please.Sounds like the VC is stressing your system. Very few reports on artifacts, and most are related to ice or rain effects. Try playing with the config manager. You can back off the resolution with very little (if any) visual degradation.
This is like 4th time or so people don't read my full name - check the sig!! It's always been there...I tried that already, no difference really. Happens here and there. But now honestly - why would I get a plane to fly it on lower resolution? Doesn't your response kinda kill the purpose of buying such hightech aircraft and paying the premium price for it? I expect, for the price, it to work flawlessly. If it's a bug, as some reported, I would gladly wait for an update...

You'll wait a long time for them to fix something they can't reproduce.Sorry about the name. I see it now.Just try it, you won't notice a difference in the visuals but maybe the artifacts will go away. Or, you could turn down your OC but I don't think that is the answer you want.

Dan Downs KCRP

You'll wait a long time for them to fix something they can't reproduce.Sorry about the name. I see it now.Just try it, you won't notice a difference in the visuals but maybe the artifacts will go away. Or, you could turn down your OC but I don't think that is the answer you want.
Downclocking = no result. Lower texture = no flickering.So it must be something about this aircraft - it's definitely pin-point-able if only at higher textures.BESIDES, one thing that puts me off at flying are strobes/nav lights.

Yeah, those exterior lights float depending on eyepoint. It is definitely FSX tho-, we verified during beta that the models were correct. You'll see the same thing in any PMDG FSX aircraft, and I assume default too but I've never flown a default airplane in FSX.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello,I have been reading something about this as I searched, not yet been repaired no? No other aircraft do that here, no matter how I test, only the JS4100 - I get kind of light blue flashing triangles with the center in the center of the screen, flahsing around... I've seen some posts that resemble to pretty much what I'm seeing.Happens only in the VC!! Not in external or anything. Happens only when I change to VC and if go out it stops...When will it get fixed? I can't fly the aircraft...
This is a known issue. It will go away if you set your configuration manager settings to the middle.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Yeah, those exterior lights float depending on eyepoint. It is definitely FSX tho-, we verified during beta that the models were correct. You'll see the same thing in any PMDG FSX aircraft, and I assume default too but I've never flown a default airplane in FSX.
Yes, the default are like that as well. You can see it also on the AI aircraft as they fly toward the airport. One issue that often comes up with AI traffic developers but it isn't their fault, it is as you mentioned - View point.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

This is a known issue. It will go away if you set your configuration manager settings to the middle.jja
What don't you understand about this? Paying about 40

Sorry you feel violated. You have a much more powerful system than I and yet I do not have any artificial artifacts in my display. I'd venture to estimate that out of the thousands of these sold, there are probably a dozen or so that have reported visual problems and most of those are solved with the remedy provided by PMDG just for this reason. Finally, no one that has responded to you here in this forum is associated with PMDG in any way other than the same way you are: as customers. So get off your high horse and try to make it work.

Dan Downs KCRP

I agree with Dan on all counts. But to maybe better explain what quoted above as "This is a known issue" should have been said more accurately as: "is a known issue, for some users". This has 0 to do with the False advertisement laws, yes, even in Austria. In fact PMDG has spent a lot of time looking into users that have experienced this issue that you can read about in several posts. The current recommended fix for users that do see this is to set the the "Virtual Cockpit Model Options" to Medium. I know this because I too have artifacts with it set to full so a quick search of the forum led me to the answer and it worked. However, it never made it unflyable as you state.Having read several of your posts and responces to others questions of this forum I find it hard to see where you're not complaining.Lastly, if you get so bothered when people ask you to include your full name, then do something about that. Either get use to it, or change your sig, or just get in the habbit of typing it as well as leaving your very cluttered sig the way it is. Since my first post in this forum I have only had one person not able to see my name, or I should say mentioned that they could not. It was enough for me to put a white border around my name so it was more visible and stood out more. Did I have to? Absolutely not, but it was the right thing to do. Unfortunately you have people who have ego that rather just complain about it and blame it on everyone esle. That is one rule of the forum. You should take a look at the forum rules more, since your attitude you display in most of your posts here violates the rules also, and I find it funny that in these posts you question why PMDG haven't answered you? I personally find it very forgiving that you still have an active log in for you to come back and further cause your unjustified waves. For the record, the forum rules also state that this forum isn't freedom of speech and again am amazed that in cases like this (even my reply) isn't enforced.PS. As Dan pointed out, none of us here are affiliated with PMDG any more than you are, but most of us do spend equal to or greater of our time, attempting to help others more than anything else, especially giving attitude to everyone that you seem to do.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Dan, I won't even reply to your statement. No point.As about the aircraft: I understand that I'm one of the users, maybe very small percentage that have these errors occur, even only occasionally. And I will stand by my opinion, that going less quality on the addon isn't the way to make it work. Especially if high quality VC brings you icing, and lower doesn't. In that case, I should probably require a discount from PMDG since the feature is missing, wouldn't you agree? Doesn't it work something like that, what you get is what you pay for? (I won't do that, but I just wanted to make a point).Anyway, I already opened a ticket with PMDG, if you have nothing else to add, I think this conversation between us is from my point of view, over. Anyone else having something else to add, I'd be glad to hear out.

if high quality VC brings you icing, the feature is missing, wouldn't you agree?
I am sad that it doesn't work for me, and since my post have spent a lot of time looking for one I read not to long ago. There was mention of it being a possible future fix, but think it was stated to be still worked on but again, can't find the post so not sure which points to emphasize. I was very disappointed I was one of the ones that had the artifacts, but since I would only see the effect if I wasn't following proper procedures, knew it was something I wouldn't see often if at all if it were working. Anyway, I still hope a fix comes eventually, but it is the only issue so won't want a return just because of it.

Dan Prunier

Dan, I won't even reply to your statement. No point.As about the aircraft: I understand that I'm one of the users, maybe very small percentage that have these errors occur, even only occasionally. And I will stand by my opinion, that going less quality on the addon isn't the way to make it work. Especially if high quality VC brings you icing, and lower doesn't. In that case, I should probably require a discount from PMDG since the feature is missing, wouldn't you agree? Doesn't it work something like that, what you get is what you pay for? (I won't do that, but I just wanted to make a point).Anyway, I already opened a ticket with PMDG, if you have nothing else to add, I think this conversation between us is from my point of view, over. Anyone else having something else to add, I'd be glad to hear out.
Same with me Word Not Allowed. It occurs sometimes and not others. It appears to be large translucent bluish polygons just in the VC. Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Same with me Word Not Allowed. It occurs sometimes and not others. It appears to be large translucent bluish polygons just in the VC. Noel
Hi, I am new to this forum thing so appologies, but thought I should share what I did. Had the same problem. Panning around the VC of the JS41 was terrible and I though I would not fly it again. (Still flew nice just did my head in with grey/blue translucent blocks everywhere). I Never had it after install and flew for ages, then one day it just started and got worse and worse until it showed up on every occassion the plane was loaded.I had not added or changed anything to do with the plane, FSX or the computer. I read that it is something in the icing setup that causes this in some copies of the plane. I have turned off all the icing in the config manager and left everything else at high settings. Not had the problem since.Hope this helpsAndy