Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

RC error

hii'm using FS9, have installed Active Sky, RCv4, FS Navigator and PMDG737.FSUIPC v.3.81.when i start flight using PMDG after few minutes of normal working i got :------------------------------------------run time error '76'radar contact.fsuipc.rc4 code------------------------------------------and obviously RC stop working.when i use default boeing everything is fine. where can be problem?BRArtur

Artur 

hii'm using FS9, have installed Active Sky, RCv4, FS Navigator and PMDG737.FSUIPC v.3.81.when i start flight using PMDG after few minutes of normal working i got :------------------------------------------run time error '76'radar contact.fsuipc.rc4 code------------------------------------------and obviously RC stop working.when i use default boeing everything is fine. where can be problem?BRArtur
that is a path not found error. my guess is the .flt/.wx path is wrong. click the .flt/.wx button and enter the path where the .flt/.wx files are stored by ms fsif that isn't it, send me a log, instructions pinned to the top of the forumjd

In addition you should upgrade FSUIPC and makerwys.exe from the links at the forum top. Your version is several revisions behind. In addition if you are running VISTA or Win 7, make sure a shortcut exists for RC with it property set to run as an administrator so it can access your documents Flight Simulator Files folder where that information resides.

hmm, i'm wondering how path can be wrong if RC is loading flightplan without problem, i'm getting all clearances and have guidance as well.for default boeing i'm using same flightplan and have no problem with path. anyhow i will check your suggestion and if problem persist send you log.BRArtur

Artur 

I use the PMDG 737NG 600 through 900 so I have the upgraded panels. I run with 2GB under Win XP SP2.The PMDG uses a lot of resources in RAM and CPU power. If running with a lot of applications going you could be suffering from starving RAM. I shut down all not needed services when running FS9. I have Active Sky 6.5, FS loaded with one of the PMDGs, and RC running plus an optional utility called AI Smooth that spaces out AI on approach. My flight planner does not run concurrently with the FS and add-on applications since it is a preflight planner.Since you say the default aircraft run OK then I'm trying to narrow down what's different with the PMDG. It also uses FSUIPC for some panel functions.The PMDG also uses the FS9 path recorded in the Windows registry. Download this free Registry Check/Repair utility from flight1 here:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=libraryand check it. It might be possible that the PMDG had after a few minutes an error also triggering the fsuipc error code. With the new FSUIPC installer for your upgrade it will first reference its install path from the registry so check that before updating FSUIPC.If you are using a newer operating system you really should be using FSUIPC 3.98 from here:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlIt now installs everything into your FS9/modules folder. You do not require a paid registration to install the upgrade. If it has difficulty finding your FS9 path keep going and eventually you will be given the opportunity to browse to it.Windows and FS buffer file information in RAM. FS does not tolerate RAM space swapping to disk and back (virtual memory) very well. It might be possible after some time the file information buffered in RAM that RC is looking for might have been overwritten due to the load on RAM.If you are using Active Sky Advanced you should have a service pack installed from this location:http://www2.hifisim.com/node/9as other users have experienced RAM usage problems before this patch.Your version of FS9 should also have the 9.1 service pack installed as that also improved some RAM issues in certain conditions.What version of Windows are you using? How much physical RAM is installed?Check all of this out and then try a flight with the log running in RC to see where it shut down.

I recently began getting this error with RC under the following conditions:1. I had FSX running first, then started RC and loaded the flight plan into RC and then linked to FSX2. RC starts up in FSX and shows the dialogue window. To accomodate Air Hauler, I would adjust the aircraft payload using the FSX commands and when closing that window RC would fail with the same error code you have...run-time error 76.After following JD's advice on setting (re-setting) the path for flt and WX I no longer get this error. :( Not sure why this worked because like Artur, RC had no problem finding the fltplan. The only thing I can think of is that I recently 'upgraded' from ASA to ASE...perhaps that reset the path for wx files.Brent

When you click the Flightplan load button in RC you get an explorer type window that allows you to browse to the Flight Simulator Files folder. This is independent of the RC stored path in your RC setup which RC uses to write/read other files to/from. It is two separate settings. In other words, you could load a .pln file with the incorrect path in the RC setup.