Sign in to follow this  
Guest Star_Journey

Best payware general scenery enhancement?

Guest Star_Journey

Yah, I love the S-7 in FS9. Being that I'm running FSx with only SP1, the plane still flys and looks good, just none of the gauges show up! So once I buy the FSX version of FS Panel Studio, I intend to fix that. I'll probably post the panel up here at avsim.Scott

Guest blueskies64

can anyone add a scenery addon combination for flying VFR in Pennsylvania (harrisburg,pa) area ?possibly GEX and ????????

For the best single scenery enhancement, I would have to say GEX. Next would be Scenery Tech for the area I'm in.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

For value for money, I dont think you can beat the Sim -Savvy photoscenery, it's $200, but for that you get the whole USA and free upgrades to higher res stuff as it becomes available. Granted it's a bit variable in colour quality in places, but to my mind it is miles more realistic than the GEX /UTX combo. Check out the screenshots in my sig link, I use photoscenery exclusively, and I dont think you can beat it for realsim. It can work out expensive in cost and drive space, but there some great free stuff out there as well, for example, I just got the whole of Spain, for free, from a Spanish site, its really good as well. ( But 100GB!!) Definitely I think REX is another keeper. Hope that helps,Mark

Hello togehter,I'm almost enroute with my pmdg 748-airliner and when looking outside the cockpit-window I see "the real thingbelow me"!Since I've installed a copy of fs-altitude for Western Europe I'll recommend this scenaries to all of you.Impressive (real) landscape, Nice blending with default scenery at low altitudes,Easy on frames,From North-Cape to Greece, from Ireland to the Russian border in 3 DVD'sJust check / uncheck one item in the scenery-library to have it presentOnly downside: No seasons No night-textures (but if you come down below Fl 100 default or any enhanced textures blend in and all theirglorious night-lighting is there)There is a nice video on their web-site Wolfgang Kuehn

For value for money, I dont think you can beat the Sim -Savvy photoscenery, it's $200, but for that you get the whole USA and free upgrades to higher res stuff as it becomes available. Granted it's a bit variable in colour quality in places, but to my mind it is miles more realistic than the GEX /UTX combo. Check out the screenshots in my sig link, I use photoscenery exclusively, and I dont think you can beat it for realsim. It can work out expensive in cost and drive space, but there some great free stuff out there as well, for example, I just got the whole of Spain, for free, from a Spanish site, its really good as well. ( But 100GB!!) Definitely I think REX is another keeper. Hope that helps,Mark
Hi Mark,I fully agree with you. Photoscenery is fantastic.I checked your screenshots. Gorgeous!!!What sceneries did you use ? Simsavvy?ThanksTake care