Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Graphics corruption in FSX - (UPDATE: possible solution found!)

BTW the shader edit also worked for me I think, but Ryan recomended that I deleted a shader folder located at the same adress as the FSX.cfg, but I cannot find those files, what am I doing wrong?Also could this edit be the cause of my invisible ai?
New tryI uninstalled SP2, then suddenly some AI planes with reflections showed up that did not show up before. Then all the moving AI was there. I thought great!Then I reinstalled SP2 and then the invisible aircraft thing was back!I do not have a shader cache in the folder where my fsx.cfg file is located, is this normal? I use ported FS9 costum installed AI(AIA, TFS etc.)

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest UlfB

Shaders folder is found in C:\Users\<your_logon_name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSXThats for my Vista installation. I guess it will be the same in Win7. There are two sub folders there: Shaders and Shaders10. I don't know what folder you have to remove.My guess is that you only need to add the SHADER_CACHE_VERSION setting to your fsx.cfg file:[GRAPHICS]SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1Increment the number by 1 each time you wanna rebuild the shaders in FSX. No need to delete any shader folders if you just want to rebuild the shader files. But I might be wrong on this one, because I never use it myself. Have no problem with FSX and don't need any tweaks like that on my system.

Shaders folder is found in C:\Users\<your_logon_name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSXThats for my Vista installation. I guess it will be the same in Win7. There are two sub folders there: Shaders and Shaders10. I don't know what folder you have to remove.My guess is that you only need to add the SHADER_CACHE_VERSION setting to your fsx.cfg file:[GRAPHICS]SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1Increment the number by 1 each time you wanna rebuild the shaders in FSX. No need to delete any shader folders if you just want to rebuild the shader files. But I might be wrong on this one, because I never use it myself. Have no problem with FSX and don't need any tweaks like that on my system.
Ok thanks a bunch!But the folder inwhich houses my fsx.cfg does not contain any shader folders, but perhaps they will appear when I add the Shader cache line to my fsx.cfg?Will give it a go!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

I see that I copied *******' shader version 5... So do I need to revert back to 0 and then 1?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Guest UlfB
Ok thanks a bunch!But the folder inwhich houses my fsx.cfg does not contain any shader folders, but perhaps they will appear when I add the Shader cache line to my fsx.cfg?Will give it a go!
On Vista (and probably Win7) the shader folders are not located in the same folder as fsx.cfg. Easy as that :(

Guest UlfB
I see that I copied *******' shader version 5... So do I need to revert back to 0 and then 1?
Just increment the number to 6 (and then 7, and then 8...) each time you want to rebuild the shaders:

SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=6

I have no idea why ******* (Bojote) wants to do that after every change of the fsx.cfg. I've tested to rebuild the shaders, but I really don't need to do that when I change the fsx.cfg on my system - that's for sure. If it really was needed I'm quite sure that Phil Taylor or somebody else in the ACES team would have provided the community with this tweak.

Boaz, the shader folders are (like Ulf said) at C:\Users\<your_logon_name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX. It's completely normal that you can't see any shader folders in C:\Users\<your_logon_name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX, where fsx.cfg sits.When you delete those, you are forcing the sim to re-compile the shaders.As an alternative to that, you can use SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=X, so everytime you edit your fsx.cfg, if you increment it's value, FSX will recompile the shaders as well.

Guest UlfB

Boaz, Sorry, but I forgot one thing about Windows and the way Microsoft choose to protect the system from the users. The AppData folder is a hidden folder in Vista, and in Win7 I guess. In your Win Explorer you need to set the option to show hidden folders.

Boaz, Sorry, but I forgot one thing about Windows and the way Microsoft choose to protect the system from the users. The AppData folder is a hidden folder in Vista, and in Win7 I guess. In your Win Explorer you need to set the option to show hidden folders.
I don't get it... I am in that local folder, but all I can see are two folders: Temp and Microsoft... And inside Microsoft there is only one folder called: "windows"?!Thank you all it worked!I changed my shader cache to X and it worked!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

I don't get it... I am in that local folder, but all I can see are two folders: Temp and Microsoft... And inside Microsoft there is only one folder called: "windows"?!Thank you all it worked!I changed my shader cache to X and it worked!
Nice to report that I had a succesful departure from LHR, but on the take off run, my screen started to make static snow... You know like on TV after broadcasting.It is on going and I am now well over the Netherlands.The sim has not crashed, but the snow is unbearable. Turning bloom off(F12) helps a little also lowering my resolution and turning off AA.So is this the GPU being overcooked and then FSX still moving on? Or what am I seeing. There was a guy here that posted a screenshot of this snow.I think I might have overstresset my GPU... I had gone in and out of MSFS all day and on top of that, just before my flight, I had inserted a lot of REX textures. Something that makes my desktop go black and them come back into colour. Dunno might need to do another flight on a fresh computer boot

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Just a bit of an update:I played around with the performance tweaks (UsePools=0 etc) this weekend and I think it's really unstable at this point. No matter what I tried, the amount of batching calls would overload the GPU and I'd get a hard system crash. I think we're gonna have to see what happens with the GTX 4 series cards before this tweak really becomes stable and usable at normal FSX slider settings.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I also use poolsize=0 and the sim is stable even though my VGA is not that good (see sig).What I don't understand is that when I try to overload it by increasing AG or some settings in ATI's CCC (antialiasing, etc...) I only see FPS dropping, no crashes or graphic corruption (I'm also using HIGHMEMFIX=1)

Just a bit of an update:I played around with the performance tweaks (UsePools=0 etc) this weekend and I think it's really unstable at this point. No matter what I tried, the amount of batching calls would overload the GPU and I'd get a hard system crash. I think we're gonna have to see what happens with the GTX 4 series cards before this tweak really becomes stable and usable at normal FSX slider settings.

I also use poolsize=0 and the sim is stable even though my VGA is not that good (see sig).What I don't understand is that when I try to overload it by increasing AG or some settings in ATI's CCC (antialiasing, etc...) I only see FPS dropping, no crashes or graphic corruption (I'm also using HIGHMEMFIX=1)
Dario, you have an ATI ;) in the BP Conclusions thread, you'll see that I said the ATI (because of its architecture) is almost the perfect match for BP=0 (any card on the 5000 series) because of the increased shader processors and DDR5 memory they are able to read commands sent by the CPU extremely fast, so the GTX 480 will be a dream come true with BP=0 ;) I'm just waiting for newegg to get mine!
I think we're gonna have to see what happens with the GTX 4 series cards before this tweak really becomes stable and usable at normal FSX slider settings.
I agree... this could potencially create more problems, so unless you have ATI's (5000 series) or a Fermi, use this tweak for experimentation only and wait for users with Fermi's to report on its stability with BP=0 if you want to use FULL sliders. Currently, BP=0 will work ONLY if you sacrifice (lower) Autogen and FPS in order to make it stable.

Oh, ok. I thought it had to be a 5870 minimum. That's bad news for me I guess. I'm not getting too great FPS and if it's not the VGA then it must be the CPU.Well, If only I could get crispy textures and not that blurry crap... I know, I'm sorry this is not the right thread here, hehe

Dario, you have an ATI ;) in the BP Conclusions thread, you'll see that I said the ATI (because of its architecture) is almost the perfect match for BP=0 (any card on the 5000 series) because of the increased shader processors and DDR5 memory they are able to read commands sent by the CPU extremely fast, so the GTX 480 will be a dream come true with BP=0 ;) I'm just waiting for newegg to get mine!I agree... this could potencially create more problems, so unless you have ATI's (5000 series) or a Fermi, use this tweak for experimentation only and wait for users with Fermi's to report on its stability with BP=0 if you want to use FULL sliders. Currently, BP=0 will work ONLY if you sacrifice (lower) Autogen and FPS in order to make it stable.

My friend *******.I have this settings in fsx.cfg and my sim crashes after a period of time with any aircraft.My computer specs. Asus R2E 6Gb I7 920 4.0GHZ 6GB RAM ATI 5870 SAPHIRE VAPOR X AND WIN 7 64 FSX WITH ACCELERATION....WHAT IS GOING WRONG???? [GRAPHICS]SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500673SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500673D3D10=0TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024NUM_LIGHTS=8AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1LANDING_LIGHTS=1AC_SELF_SHADOW=1EFFECTS_QUALITY=2GROUND_SHADOWS=0TEXTURE_QUALITY=3IMAGE_QUALITY=0See_Self=1Text_Scroll=1HIGHMEMFIX=1STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647[sOUND]AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000PrimaryDevice={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}VoiceDevice={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}SOUND=1SOUND_QUALITY=2SOUND_LOD=0UISound=1AmbientUI=0SOUND_FADER1=0.500000SOUND_FADER2=0.500000SOUND_FADER3=0.500000SOUND_FADER4=0.500000AmbientUIMusic=FSX01[Display]ChangeTime=4.000000TransitionTime=4.000000ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoBrakesEnable=TrueInfoParkingBrakesEnable=TrueInfoPauseEnable=TrueInfoSlewEnable=TrueInfoStallEnable=TrueInfoOverspeedEnable=TrueBLOOM_EFFECTS=1SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0WideViewAspect=TrueTextureMaxLoad=9[Main]FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.25DisablePreload=1User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\BoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\MiscProcSpeed=8543PerfBucket=7Location=94,0,1201,780,\\.\DISPLAY1Maximized=2HideMenuNormal=0HideMenuFullscreen=1[PANELS]IMAGE_QUALITY=1DEFAULT_VIEW=0QUICKTIPS=1PANEL_OPACITY=100PANEL_MASKING=1PANEL_STRETCHING=1UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0[Weather]WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1MinGustTime=10MaxGustTime=500MinGustRampSpeed=1MaxGustRampSpeed=200MinVarTime=5MaxVarTime=50MinVarRampSpeed=10MaxVarRampSpeed=75TurbulenceScale=1.000000WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.comWeatherServerPort=80WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1DynamicWeather=2DownloadWindsAloft=0DisableTurbulence=0CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=7DETAILED_CLOUDS=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8THERMAL_VISUALS=0[DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series.0]Mode=1360x768x32Anisotropic=1AntiAlias=1[AccelerationPack]ControlsFirstRun=0HomePageFirstRun=0[CONTROLS]Controls_Default=StandardControls_Current=Standardforce_master_gain=10000force_stick_force_enabled=1force_stick_shaker_enabled=1force_gear_bump_enabled=0force_crash_enabled=1force_ground_bumps_enabled=1KBDAIL=64KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=64[TextInfo.1]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[TextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2GForce=1,3FuelPercentage=1,4[TextInfo.3]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6FrameRate=2,1LockedFrameRate=2,2GForce=2,3FuelPercentage=2,4[slewTextInfo.1]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5[slewTextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2[slewTextInfo.3]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5FrameRate=2,1LockedFrameRate=2,2[Trusted]C:\Program Files (x86)\Real Environment Xtreme\rexwxengine2.exe.uhieblhohbwobcntctnriiuuenolozenekeknaun=1C:\Program Files (x86)\FlightSimTools.com\Contrails Pro\ContrailsProFSX.dll.eorankiekrwbteaqttzurneqrrnoewheczhueoce=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Shared\A2A_Service.dll.aznkotuwttiauribrnozcwbukwttblhlqnnihoak=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\bglmanx.dll.iwcrnqlbazqlucubhuckbbzzeqbzhwnihqcoibaa=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Captain_Sim\727\Captain_Sim.p727.menu.dll.qcaiucwrwzlhriokbiblewzwewitzcuthzkulizt=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b757.menu.dll.liualnntlthhaeaackntwqqhlkewwoknhbbakric=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.cqzztockakublizokonkloqqilorrhtouhhzzbba=1C:\Program Files (x86)\SquawkBox\sbtrans10.dll.lclroiwlnchroluuqzrleolaheiunhcqtowneqel=1C:\Program Files (x86)\SquawkBox\sbaicontrol10.dll.kzeilrublrrbzuelwtcrtoqhabqraokhoeurkqqc=1C:\Program Files (x86)\SquawkBox\sbmod10.dll.towzqzkhawthaannwurwrhwhaieticzclequqoct=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.abzknbncotucoqrnztwotkwzizobtztlchtkrzzn=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll.awbhznblnkhnhwuhtqbqzelokieantiwickqihbi=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll.quuurltcwklkqhubnuabrlaooelznaekiokoaera=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll.tzltzheozanohauqlnllantnetwtowicatziuwrw=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PA20F0.GAU.wtknilzuhwuctilhqqilqaraiitnilotukeitnre=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PA20F1.GAU.kuooebbciwhcqouuoahteqatztcrchhzlbauehth=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\RadioPA.GAU.awllebtktiuieehiiiqqolwwhckrnucctqihuolc=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PA20F7.GAU.coiccbrithitncaabrazwblzhkraqtltrbwhrczo=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_BAe_JS4100_3.DLL.ancllttchqwkzutteourzubqcqihnourozcqwhzc=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\WXR.DLL.woatqkhtnkkbaeawkqlwonqqabehaetllonntenw=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_BAe_JS4100.DLL.clcuwwhreutnloeltrqtunzaqaetenhlzuqwclcr=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\AS532AFCP.GAU.czizhikunibczhlhchnwinzureizoenqkiwtrbnr=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Flight1_GarminG1000_510.GAU.nniloqcreqeoliqraulhothhtkwzeoekzwhantir=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\L39_sound.DLL.ahhakllkokubutleleoreeclwetawowrtehaahtc=2[DynamicHeadMovement]LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000MaxHeadAngle=5.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.300000HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000[VirtualCopilot]VirtualCopilotActive=0[DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series.1]Mode=1024x768x32[uSERINTERFACE]OpenATCOnCreate=0PageID=1SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0PROMPT_ON_EXIT=0SITUATION=C:\Users\Rebelion\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\kostas2Map_Orientation=2ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1SelectAircraftManufacturer=AllSelectAircraftPublisher=AllSelectAircraftType=AllDisplayFuelAsWeight=1[ATC]ShowATCText=1COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFFCOMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21BCOMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1UsePilotVoice=1PilotVoice=65536[PointOfInterestSystem]CycleSetting=0[sCENERY]LENSFLARE=1DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=4[TrafficManager]AirlineDensity=30GADensity=30FreewayDensity=20ShipsAndFerriesDensity=40LeisureBoatsDensity=40IFROnly=0AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=4[TERRAIN]SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=10LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=100MESH_RESOLUTION=23TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=25AUTOGEN_DENSITY=4DETAIL_TEXTURE=1WATER_EFFECTS=7[AContain]ShowLabels=1ShowUserLabel=0ShowLabelManufacturer=1ShowLabelModel=1ShowLabelTailNumber=0ShowLabelDistance=1ShowLabelAltitude=1ShowLabelAirline=0ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0ShowLabelFlightPlan=0ShowLabelContainerId=0ShowLabelAirspeed=0ShowLabelHeading=0LabelDelay=1000LabelColor=FFFF0000[iNTERNATIONAL]ASLAT=2ASLON=1MEASURE=0[REALISM]PFactor=1.000000Torque=1.000000GyroEffect=1.000000CrashTolerance=1.000000General=1.000000UnlimitedFuel=FalseAllowEngineDamage=TrueTrueAirspeed=FalseAutoCoord=FalseRealMixture=TrueStressDamage=TrueGEffect=TrueManualLights=TrueGyroDrift=TrueCrashWithDyn=TrueCrashDetection=TrueAutoTrim=False[sIM]SYSCLOCK=1[sTARTUP]DEMO=0SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1STARTUP_DEMO=LoadWindow=1[FACILITIES]COUNTRY=STATE=CITY=GTL_BUTTON=2224[Misc]Com_Rate=7[bufferPools]UsePools=0PoolSize=0[MAPVIEW_MAP]SHOW_AIRPORTS=1SHOW_VORS=1SHOW_NDBS=1SHOW_APPROACHES=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1show_flight_history=1[MULTIPLAYER]condAccoutPassword=0